Greg Jennings tells KFAN he wants to come back to Minny

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Greg Jennings tells KFAN he wants to come back to Minny

Post by mosscarter »

we need more than just one receiver, so even if we do draft a rookie, why not bring jennings in? makes sense to me. our wr situation is a mess. if you think patterson or johnson, who spent most of the time on the sidelines, are viable options at the position you must be kidding.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote: Lets face it Miami has been a complete mess the last five or six seasons with the locker room scandal
and the big free agents not really playing off and the firings of coaches and upper management its not surprising
players would not make comments about the dolphins.

I got the feeling Rodgers and Jennings didn't really get along well. Jennings had been a main part of the offense
with Farve and wasn't nearly as much with Green Bay after Rodgers became the guy. In fact I think Jennings was
a third option or worse post Farve. With ego's and all that stuff so big in the NFL it's easy to see how Jennings
and Rodgers not being the best of friends.
Thats not really true, Jennings only played two years with Favre, a decent if unspectacular rookie season, followed by his break out season in 2007. Jennings was without any doubt the Packers number 1 WR from 2007-2011. (Jordy arguably took over that mantle durng the 2011 season.) Jennings best season came with Rodgers though, not Favre.

Jennings started running his mouth during the his last season with the Packers, he obviously felt slighted by all the love Rodgers was getting and felt he deserved more recognition.

I actually think Jennings would be a decent enough signing for the Vikes, but it all depends on how your coaching staff values your young WR core, I definitely think Jennings would provide at least a momentary upgrade, and I don't think his physical capabilities have declined as much as Boldin.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Demi wrote::puke:
Of course he does. No one wanted him when he left.
Because we need to find someone who can play for more than a year. And his production is going to be on par with everyone on the roster, any rookie, free agent. etc. His production being the same as a rookie 5th rounder in his rookie season vs. Jennings in the twilight doesn't seem like a selling point to me.
Jennings can outproduce most WRs on your squad, let alone most 5th round rookies.

Again, im not nessicarily advocating it, but I would surely see the logic behind signing Jennings, and I think he would be very, very cheap.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

I'm pretty shocked at all the Jennings love. There's a reason why he's been out of work for over a month without a hint of interest. I don't know what team would sign him at this point. Probably one that gets hit with injuries in camp. He just doesn't have much left in the tank. We don't really need another guy that can't separate. Thielen probably has more upside than Jennings at this point, making Jennings without a spot, especially if the team drafts another receiver or two.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

dead_poet wrote:I'm pretty shocked at all the Jennings love. There's a reason why he's been out of work for over a month without a hint of interest. I don't know what team would sign him at this point. Probably one that gets hit with injuries in camp. He just doesn't have much left in the tank. We don't really need another guy that can't separate. Thielen probably has more upside than Jennings at this point, making Jennings without a spot, especially if the team drafts another receiver or two.
I think his age has alot to do with it, also maybe a bit of perception that because his best days came with a HOF QB that maybe he doesn't have much to offer without one. (Something I disagree with implicitly.)

I think vet minimun he would be a good pick up, it depends on how much you invest in the future of the position during the upcominf draft and such, no he shouldn't be lookat as a cure all for the WR core, but in my opinion he would definitely have no trouble outproducing guys like Theilen, Johnson, etc.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I'm pretty shocked at all the Jennings love. There's a reason why he's been out of work for over a month without a hint of interest. I don't know what team would sign him at this point. Probably one that gets hit with injuries in camp. He just doesn't have much left in the tank. We don't really need another guy that can't separate. Thielen probably has more upside than Jennings at this point, making Jennings without a spot, especially if the team drafts another receiver or two.
Jennings averaged five touchdowns and about 765 yards a season with one of the being a quarterback shuffle
year. I think Diggs had about that with about four or five games less, last season.

I think Jennings and Boldin could both add to our offense
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

if the price is right, he can only add. If anything he'll add to the changing room