2016 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: 2016 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Eh, i heard similar things about Ponder.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

2016 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

Post by dead_poet »

First real update on Sully:

http://strib.mn/1Vunjk6
“When the disc closes, you allow it to scar over,” he said about the procedure. “So the first time we were just a little too aggressive in terms of trying to come back, lifting too much weights trying to come back after the first surgery. We’ve gone back and imaged it since and we can see that there’s scar tissue there. … I’m doing full workouts now and good to go.”
“I assume the rest of my body will be healthier than it has been for a long time,” Sullivan said. “I’ve been playing football for a lot of years straight. It was unfortunate to miss last season, however it allowed my hands, wrists, shoulders, elbows, knees, ankles, everything else to recover a little bit. As long as I put the work in right now and get back in good shape I would think I’ll come out and be fresher than I’ve been in quite some time.”
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Thanks for the update DP! That sounds encouraging.
Pseudo Everything
Transition Player

Post by Pseudo Everything »

Mothman wrote:By the way, I'm not so sure Turner's contract is up after 2016. If I'm not mistaken, the details and duration of his contract (and Zimmer's) weren't disclosed.
Vikings, along with a lot of other teams, almost never give out details on coaching contract. Our beat writers think this is Norv's last year on his contract because it's customary to give OCs three year deals when they move on and this would be his third year with us.

Personally I think the game has passed Norv by. He's in his mid 60s and has been lacking innovation and adaptability for several years now (going back to his last years in SD). Sort of wish we would have just made Shurmur our OC when we hired him and found a way to gracefully ease Norv out the door. Shurmur's background is a much better fit for Bridgewater. Turner's background is a much better fit for Peterson. Bridgewater's the future and Peterson is soon to be the past (after this year).
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Ben Goessling ‏@GoesslingESPN
#Vikings have picked up Xavier Rhodes' fifth-year option, per agent Sunny Shah.
The Vikings will also need to make decisions about the 5th year options for Shariff Floyd and Cordarrelle Patterson today.

Edit: According to Ian Rapoport, the Vikes have picked up Floyd's option too.
Ian Rapoport
‏@RapSheet
The #Vikings have picked up the 5th-year options on DT Sharrif Floyd & CB Xavier Rhodes, source said. The #Lions do it for DE Ziggy Ansah.
I don't expect them to pick up Patterson's...
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

As expected
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote: The Vikings will also need to make decisions about the 5th year options for Shariff Floyd and Cordarrelle Patterson today.

Edit: According to Ian Rapoport, the Vikes have picked up Floyd's option too.
I don't expect them to pick up Patterson's...
The 5th year option is not for this upcoming season right?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:The 5th year option is not for this upcoming season right?
Correct. It's for 2017.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Are they not able to pick up the 5th year option later or was that the last possible date to do so?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Cliff wrote:Are they not able to pick up the 5th year option later or was that the last possible date to do so?
Deadline was yesterday
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

dead_poet wrote: Deadline was yesterday
Thanks!
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Not that it is any surprise, but this is the year for CP84.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

mansquatch wrote:Not that it is any surprise, but this is the year for CP84.
I personally don't see any way he's going to see the field as a receiver so I can't envision it
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I personally don't see any way he's going to see the field as a receiver so I can't envision it
I ahree, but i hope you are wrong. He needs to be on the field even as a decoy.

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I ahree, but i hope you are wrong. He needs to be on the field even as a decoy.

Oh I agree. I would say there probably isnt a single guy on this team that is more dangerous with the ball in his hands than Patterson. Possibly AP but nobody else is anywhere close. I really wish we could carve out some kind of role for the guy but it seems like Zim and Norv are probably done trying to baby him and manufacture his touches
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri