2016 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 2016 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by dead_poet »

Mothman wrote:Zimmer's Monday presser:

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... 9dd23db43c
Zimmer is (rightfully) pissed about the offense. His comments, pauses and demeanor about 3/4ths in is telling.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote: Zimmer is (rightfully) pissed about the offense. His comments, pauses and demeanor about 3/4ths in is telling.

He speaks authoritatively but not in a way that is insulting or something that would make players upset at him. I am so happy to have him as a coach. I really hope they fix their issues. The OL was actually looking better for a while.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote: Zimmer is (rightfully) pissed about the offense. His comments, pauses and demeanor about 3/4ths in is telling.
It is indeed but we've been here before. Hopefully, he can start to find more lasting solutions. Last year, when they were struggling offensively, they seemed to turn to Peterson and the running game for stability. Despite the OL's struggles, I won't be surprised if they have a run-heavy game plan against Chicago.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Adrian Peterson is in Vikings locker room no wraps of any kind on knee walking fine not talking to media though
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:
:thumbsup:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote: [emoji106]
But the offense is so much better without him!! [emoji15]
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Not that it may matter but here's an interesting question: if you could pick only one to return off IR this season would it be Peterson or Kalil?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

dead_poet wrote:Not that it may matter but here's an interesting question: if you could pick only one to return off IR this season would it be Peterson or Kalil?
Peterson.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

dead_poet wrote:
Good to hear. However, FYI for everyone, typically, a brace or any supportive device is not necessary/needed for everyday activity following meniscal repair/menisectomy...
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

dead_poet wrote:Not that it may matter but here's an interesting question: if you could pick only one to return off IR this season would it be Peterson or Kalil?
I don't want Kalil back...give me Peterson.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Peterson... but the poor play they've been getting at tackle actually makes it a pretty tough call.

Good question. Who would you pick?
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I'd pick Bridgewater. I think we can manage with McKinnon/Asiata. It's a tough call because Kalil would be an instant upgrade but if Sam goes down, we're toast.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mothman wrote: Peterson... but the poor play they've been getting at tackle actually makes it a pretty tough call.

Good question. Who would you pick?
Honestly? I think the downgrade from healthy Kalil to Clemmings is more severe than Peterson to Jet. So...man...I guess a healthy Kalil. That's so weird to write.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote: Honestly? I think the downgrade from healthy Kalil to Clemmings is more severe than Peterson to Jet. So...man...I guess a healthy Kalil. That's so weird to write.
I hear you but I almost wrote the same thing. They might actually need Kalil more.

That IS weird to say!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

The Seahawks signed Joel Stave to their practice squad.