2016 Vikings Free Agency Thread (News, Rumors, Transactions)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Re: 2016 Vikings Free Agency Thread (News, Rumors, Transacti

Post by jackal »

They said he went with KC because he knew the system and was comforacle
with Andy Reid...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Question was: Are Vikings bringing in kickers this week..
Word yes. was a punter or 2, not kickers. But scheduling may change. Always workout FAs for due-diligence. #vikings twitter.com/mattp_bu/statu…
5:52 AM - 13 Sep 2016
We have signed Tre Roberson and Julian Wilson to the practice squad. MORE: mnvkn.gs/1XpIyD pic.twitter.com/sBZvSxkXLI
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

We have signed Tre Roberson and Julian Wilson to the practice squad. MORE: mnvkn.gs/1XpIyD pic.twitter.com/sBZvSxkXLI
[/quote]

Does this mean Rhodes injury worse than expected? I hope not
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

autobon7 wrote:
Zimmer has been pretty hush hush about injuries. All he said is it wouldn't require surgery.
But it also sounds like he will miss more than just one game.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

We really have to bring in Kickers and Punters. Walsh takes 5 years off my like for every kick he attepts and 1 year for every FG. This has been going on for years. I trust him less then he trusts himself. Inside kicking, we dont have to have to booming leg. And Loche has been NOTHING but a disappointment for years. Sometimes you have to cut the players you dont trusy cause they will bite you in the a$$ when you really need them. Walsh isnt even able to consistantly kick touchbacks. And watching other gammes this week, I never felt the teams thought their kicker would miss. With Walsh, it feel like half the crowd and fan base think he will. And until Bradford gets in and is readdy, we will need every point we can get.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:We really have to bring in Kickers and Punters. Walsh takes 5 years off my like for every kick he attepts and 1 year for every FG. This has been going on for years. I trust him less then he trusts himself. Inside kicking, we dont have to have to booming leg. And Loche has been NOTHING but a disappointment for years. Sometimes you have to cut the players you dont trusy cause they will bite you in the a$$ when you really need them. Walsh isnt even able to consistantly kick touchbacks. And watching other gammes this week, I never felt the teams thought their kicker would miss. With Walsh, it feel like half the crowd and fan base think he will. And until Bradford gets in and is readdy, we will need every point we can get.
I think Walsh not kicking to the end zone is strategy. I see a lot of teams doing it this year.
The thing that frustrates me most about him is how he always says in interviews that he has shown he is a better kicker than his misses or that he has shown he is one of the better kickers in the league. Other than his rookie year, he has been average at best.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I think Walsh not kicking to the end zone is strategy. I see a lot of teams doing it this year.

I agree. Walsh has been the best kicker for touchbacks the Vikings have ever had. We know he can do that. It's his ability to reliably kick FGs and EPs that's become questionable (although aside from defensive TDs, I think he's scored all of the points in the Vikings last 2 games).
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

The problem is he left 7 points on the field last week. Against a better team that probably would probably have been a loss.

Need him to get better, but also underscores the need for the offense to produce touchdowns as opposed to field goals.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

mansquatch wrote:The problem is he left 7 points on the field last week. Against a better team that probably would probably have been a loss.

I think he can be forgiven for missing a 56 yard attempt against the wind but he should have hit the 37 yarder and he definitely should have hit the extra point.
Need him to get better, but also underscores the need for the offense to produce touchdowns as opposed to field goals.
Agreed. The offense has to start scoring TDs. I think they have 1 in their last 3 meaningful games. That doesn't exactly fill me with confidence going into a Sunday night game against the Packers.

Of course, Walsh doesn't either. Hopefully, the kicks he made in the second half will boost his confidence and get him back on track.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mike Zimmer said Xavier Rhodes (knee) is feeling better. Didn't want to speculate on whether he might play Sunday./quote]
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

The Vikings signed former Broncos running back Ronnie Hillman, Mike Zimmer said. es.pn/2cVfj7U
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

#NFL #Vikings Isame Faciane was released by the Minnesota Vikings from the practice squad.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Per Schefter we'll sign Long today.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

#Vikings shake up practice squad, bringing back Austin Shepherd, adding a former Gopher and releasing Joel Stave. strib.mn/2f58SFz

About time they brought Shepherd back.

#Vikings signed offensive lineman Austin Shepherd, defensive end Sterling Bailey and defensive back Cedric Thompson to their practice squad.
One offensive lineman and 2 defensive players.... :lol:

To make room, the #Vikings released quarterback Joel Stave and tight ends Kyle Carter and Brian Leonhardt.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

halfgiz wrote:#Vikings shake up practice squad, bringing back Austin Shepherd, adding a former Gopher and releasing Joel Stave. strib.mn/2f58SFz

About time they brought Shepherd back.

#Vikings signed offensive lineman Austin Shepherd, defensive end Sterling Bailey and defensive back Cedric Thompson to their practice squad.
One offensive lineman and 2 defensive players.... :lol:

To make room, the #Vikings released quarterback Joel Stave and tight ends Kyle Carter and Brian Leonhardt.
#change
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.