2016 Vikings Free Agency Thread (News, Rumors, Transactions)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: 2016 Vikings Free Agency Thread (News, Rumors, Transacti

Post by halfgiz »

dead_poet wrote: Darren Wolfson on Twitter
Thanks for the update DP!
I'm sure he is going to give it a little time and the weigh his options. From what I understand he already got paid 6 mil from LA Rams for just being on their roster.

I think he could be a better # 2 than what we got with Hill. And maybe we could only go with 2 QB spots.
If we don't get Foles...Hill should get more preseason playing time this year. And we will see how he fairs.

Edit: Now we will see what Stave has. He couldn't ask for a better opportunity because he was looking like the odd man out.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Thanks for the update DP!
I'm sure he is going to give it a little time and the weigh his options. From what I understand he already got paid 6 mil from LA Rams for just being on their roster.

I think he could be a better # 2 than what we got with Hill. And maybe we could only go with 2 QB spots.
If we don't get Foles...Hill should get more preseason playing time this year. And we will see how he fairs.

Edit: Now we will see what Stave has. He couldn't ask for a better opportunity because he was looking like the odd man out.
Not that I don't think Foles couldn't be a decent back up... I think he thinks he is a starter and would do more damage to the Vikings
team chemistry than value he could bring as a backup or starter for us...

I have to admit though.. I would like to see one of the youngsters dethrown Hill.. I think he would be a poor long term back up for us..
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Foles would be a great #2 in MN, and no one knows that more then Foles. Look at all the teams (including us) just the past 10 years that have been hurt by QB play.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Darn.
Looks like Tom Hackett's agent reached out to multiple teams, including the Vikings but the interest wasn't mutual.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

dead_poet wrote:Darn.
I don't understand why, he probably would be elevate himself into starter role easier on the Vikings then any of the other teams rumored to be interested in him, imo.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

#Vikings sign DT Kendrell Louis
Roster at 90
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Matt Vensel:The #Vikings have waived Keith Baxter and Jason Whittingham. As of this morning, Baxter had been hospitalized for an undisclosed reason.
So we're back down to 88.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Jordysghost wrote: I don't understand why, he probably would be elevate himself into starter role easier on the Vikings then any of the other teams rumored to be interested in him, imo.
I think the interest was there for the agent, who reached out to the Vikings. The Vikings weren't interested. Yeah he could push Teddy more than some other teams starting QBs, but the team doesn't want Teddy pushed. Might hurt his feelings. :confused:

Hate the way NFL teams handle the position. Especially this team after the last couple anointed starters. Obviously Teddy is better than both of them. That doesn't mean you shouldn't have another option. Especially when the option you have is a washed up never been liability "mentor". :wallbang:
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

So now were down to 88 I wonder who we are making room for?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Well lets see if they are serious about getting a better backup or just a camp arm.

Good post DP...
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

halfgiz wrote:Well lets see if they are serious about getting a better backup or just a camp arm.

Good post DP...
Is Foles still available?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Is Foles still available?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Yes
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

halfgiz wrote:Well lets see if they are serious about getting a better backup or just a camp arm.

Good post DP...
I think the Viks would be crazy not to at least kick the tires with Foles. With our num 2 and 3 struggling it worries me a bit to think what would happen if TB went down. If they are serious about a SB run then they have to get serious about a backup.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

autobon7 wrote: I think the Viks would be crazy not to at least kick the tires with Foles. With our num 2 and 3 struggling it worries me a bit to think what would happen if TB went down. If they are serious about a SB run then they have to get serious about a backup.
Yeah, its hard to imagine Stave was brought in to compete so much as to be a camp arm. Hill is obviously not part of the team in order to serve as a longterm backup should anything happen to Teddy. He's a guy who can fill in for a game or two, and be a mentor.

At this point. The Vikings have 2 QBs and one of them is Shaun Hill, who is downright "over" himself. ha.

Foles would be an option. My guess is he's going to play the field and be the backup for 32 teams. Wait for a starting QB to go down and give himself a chance to be a starter again.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins