The case for keeping Mike Wallace

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Re: The case for keeping Mike Wallace

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

mosscarter wrote:why in the world would mike wallace even want to come back and play for this current joke of a passing game? do you really think he will take a 50 percent pay cut to spend another season looking totally invisible on the field? come on.
Two words.

Mike Zimmer.

Zimmer loves Wallace, and Wallace loves playing for Zimmer.

Four more words.

He wants to win.

Some of you may laugh, but if you want to win, Minnesota isn't a bad place to be the next couple of years. We just went 11-5 with a dumpster fire of an offensive line and no downfield passing game. We're moving into the coolest freaking stadium on the planet. We have a defense that is on its way to being among the NFL's elite. Our coach is pretty darned good and immensely respected around the league. The arrow is pointing up for this team, and Wallace may just want to be part of a winner.

A 50-percent pay cut? Hard to say. But he might restructure next year's contract in exchange for more years, especially if it means more money in the long run. Everybody wants security.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Two words.

Mike Zimmer.

Zimmer loves Wallace, and Wallace loves playing for Zimmer.

Four more words.

He wants to win.

Some of you may laugh, but if you want to win, Minnesota isn't a bad place to be the next couple of years. We just went 11-5 with a dumpster fire of an offensive line and no downfield passing game. We're moving into the coolest freaking stadium on the planet. We have a defense that is on its way to being among the NFL's elite. The arrow is pointing up for this team, and Wallace may just want to be part of a winner.

A 50-percent pay cut? Hard to say. But he might restructure next year's contract in exchange for more years, especially if it means more money in the long run. Everybody wants security.
The problem is, even if Wallace does agree with your perception of things, he strikes me as the type to chase the money.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Jordysghost wrote: The problem is, even if Wallace does agree with your perception of things, he strikes me as the type to chase the money.
Maybe. But you might be surprised. I've read quotes from Wallace talking about how much he loves playing for Zim. And his work ethic certainly is better than he was given credit for coming to Minnesota. By Zim's account, he's one of the hardest-working players on the team. So maybe our perception of him as a money-chasing diva isn't completely accurate.

I'm not saying it's a lock. I'm just saying I can see why he'd want to play in Minnesota.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Maybe. But you might be surprised. I've read quotes from Wallace talking about how much he loves playing for Zim. And his work ethic certainly is better than he was given credit for coming to Minnesota. By Zim's account, he's one of the hardest-working players on the team. So maybe our perception of him as a money-chasing diva isn't completely accurate.

I'm not saying it's a lock. I'm just saying I can see why he'd want to play in Minnesota.

I've read the same things, I think he's willing to stay, I think we're willing to pay him more than the free agent market will because like you said zim likes him. I can't really see a way he isn't on the team when both parties involved want to make that work.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

gone and I think that is good for the Vikings
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Well Wallace is gone. NFL.com is reporting.
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

Think that increases the odds of retaining Kalil at full salary?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

720pete wrote:Think that increases the odds of retaining Kalil at full salary?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I think that decision has been made.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
allday1991
All Pro Elite Player

Post by allday1991 »

dead_poet wrote: I think that decision has been made.
Please no... not another season with Kalil at LT :wallbang:
“I remember my mistakes more than my success.” - Adrian Peterson
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

allday1991 wrote: Please no... not another season with Kalil at LT :wallbang:
Yep and when they get the right side fixed this year. Guess who's side is going to get all the pressure.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

I think that was a good move.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

I would not be surprised to see him return on a smaller deal. It'll all depend on the market out there for him and considering the WRs out there, there's a chance he could make a decent pay day on a team betting on the past. But I just have a feeling when he realizes the market is similar to what we're offering, he'll take the discount and return
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mike Wallace going back to the Vikings is on the table. They treated him well upon his release
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:
Where/who was that from?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Where/who was that from?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I cant post links, but it was tweeted out by Ian Rapaport.