Mike Zimmer unanimous pick for NFC North coach of year

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Mike Zimmer unanimous pick for NFC North coach of year

Post by Purple bruise »

Jim said,
"Oh, I see... so you're saying he's NOT the best NFL coach in Minnesota?!!! :steamed:[/quote]

News flash and you will love this Jim, Teddy was just awarded as the best NFL QB in Minnesota, however, Shaun Hill nearly edged him out :tongue:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Purple bruise wrote:News flash and you will love this Jim, Teddy was just awarded as the best NFL QB in Minnesota, however, Shaun Hill nearly edged him out :tongue:
Where's the love for Taylor Heinicke?! I'm :steamed: again!
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Mothman wrote: Where's the love for Taylor Heinicke?! I'm :steamed: again!
:lol:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

Only thing in front of him for nfl coach of the year is rivera
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Boon wrote:Only thing in front of him for nfl coach of the year is rivera
I think Arians and Andy Reid will grab some votes...but Rivera seems the obvious choice.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

I'll put this here. Not worth creating a thread for, but this was a fun little read.

http://coldomaha.com/2016/vikings/noteb ... m-session/
In an off-the-record film session – meaning we can’t go into great detail — Zimmer gave the local media a crash course in the Vikings’ defensive schematics and shed further light on his philosophies as a coach. Dumbing nothing down to layman’s terms, Zimmer’s willingness to give scribes a look behind his curtain reveals the complexity of the game of football and the knowledge gap between the average player and the average fan (as well as the average reporter).

Radio host Colin Cowherd once controversially argued that while a baseball writer could discuss strategy with any MLB manager, a football writer could never do the same with an NFL coach’s gameplan. This rings true after spending close to an hour in Zimmer’s world; a world where losing focus for five seconds means you’ve likely missed your coverage instructions and – like a second grader in math class, you’re terrified that the teacher is about to call on you – as Zimmer did several times with reporters.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins