What??? Teddy to the Pro Bowl?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

losperros
Commissioner

Re: What??? Teddy to the Pro Bowl?

Post by losperros »

I'm happy to see some Vikings get acknowledgement, though the Pro Bowl probably doesn't count for much anymore.
Last edited by losperros on Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I think Teddy being in the Pro Bowl is a perfect representation of what it is now.

I'm a Teddy supporter since his days at UofL and am happy he is a Viking ... he wasn't a top QB this season.

Sent using tapatalk. Typos should be expected.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Cliff wrote:I think Teddy being in the Pro Bowl is a perfect representation of what it is now.

I'm a Teddy supporter since his days at UofL and am happy he is a Viking ... he wasn't a top QB this season.

Sent using tapatalk. Typos should be expected.
I pretty much feel the same way.

The best thing that could happen for the Vikings is Teddy turning into a top tier QB. They need a franchise QB badly and it would be great if they didn't have to keep searching for one. Bridgewater is a cool guy, he's a hard worker and definitely has some talent, so I'm hoping he develops into something big for the Vikes.

As for the Pro Bowl, I really wish the league would give up on it. Just list their All-Pro honors and leave it at that without a perfunctory Pro Bowl game that has little to no meaning anymore.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

Purple bruise wrote: I knew that but he got the pick over several other NFC QBs obviously. Yeah, I guess no big deal except for us that are Teddy backers :wink:
Do you know for sure how the replacements are picked? Maybe they ask the remaining players whether or not they would accept a Pro Bowl invitation before they decide on the replacements, rather than announcing the replacements and then have to find more when those replacements decline. I find it hard to believe that Drew Brees or Kirk Cousins wouldn't have been considered before Teddy. The Vikings were what, 31st in the league in passing? :whistle:
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Purple Reign »

808vikingsfan wrote:
How many of those were 1st selection and not replacements?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Purple Reign wrote: How many of those were 1st selection and not replacements?
So we're talking about Barr, Bridgewater, Patterson, Kalil and Smith? I'm pretty sure they were all replacements.
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

I thought Patterson made it last year (or whenever that was, maybe his rookie year) as the legit #1 first selection or starter or whatever it is now as a kick returner?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

mondry wrote:I thought Patterson made it last year (or whenever that was, maybe his rookie year) as the legit #1 first selection or starter or whatever it is now as a kick returner?
He was a replacement for Antonio Brown that year:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -returner/
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

The search is over folks, we now have a pro bowl quarterback.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Although on the flip side. Maybe we will see what kind of QB Teddy could be if the O-line would actually give him some time. :lol:
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Purple bruise wrote: I knew that but he got the pick over several other NFC QBs obviously. Yeah, I guess no big deal except for us that are Teddy backers :wink:
Don't get me wrong... I like teddy. I hope he is our qb of the future. But, to be excited he was named to the pro bowl after soany qbs turned it down ahead of him is silly. Cmon, he had like 11 tds the whole year....
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

The worst thing they did was move the Pro Bowl to before the Super Bowl. I think a lot more guys would play if they had a couple weeks to rest. Plus, you get the two SB teams.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

808vikingsfan wrote:
That is some good drafting in a sense. Floyd is good but there are so many elite DTs out there. Same goes for Rhodes. Waynes who knows at this point
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Raptorman wrote:Although on the flip side. Maybe we will see what kind of QB Teddy could be if the O-line would actually give him some time. :lol:
And playing with good wide recievers.

And playing against defenses playing at 1/4 speed.

The pro bowl is dumb.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Norv Zimmer, "Don't get me wrong... I like teddy. I hope he is our qb of the future. But, to be excited he was named to the pro bowl after soany qbs turned it down ahead of him is silly. Cmon, he had like 11 tds the whole year....[/quote]

News flash....Being a good QB means a whole lot more than how many td passes he threw. When the Vikes got into the red zone, more often than not, they seemed to (right or wrong) "stuck" with their running attack, which I believe was/is one of the best in the NFL. When a team has the league's leading rusher then the flip side is that the passing game ie. total yards and td passes will suffer.
Teddy, by all accounts, is a great leader, stoic and calm in the pocket, takes huge hits and bounces back without complaint, escapes many many sure sacks and is actually "loved" by Zim. Teddy is the future :thumbsup:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.