What??? Teddy to the Pro Bowl?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: What??? Teddy to the Pro Bowl?

Post by dead_poet »

mosscarter wrote:i'm a champion on the practice range too in golf. and then i get onto the course and it's a different story. if teddy even played average we could have been in the nfc championship game. he had to be the most hyped player coming into this season and didn't live up to any of it.
Most hyped in the NFL or on our team? I'm not sure either would be accurate. Expectations were raised for Teddy but I don't think he was "the most hyped player." Being a second-year quarterback a year after being drafted in the first round is going to naturally have a set of expectations associated to him. And while Teddy bares some responsibility he wasn't the only problem with the offense. To place blame on Teddy alone for not getting to the NFC Championship seems a bit harsh and out of touch. Unless you think he should take some strange responsibility for Blair's missed kick.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

I look at it this way, some people wanted ups to draft Johnny Football. I'l be happy with Bridgewater for a year or two more. At least I know he's not out getting drunk. :pour:
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

that is for sure my cousin was at louisville when teddy was there and he said he was never out partying.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

mosscarter wrote:that is for sure my cousin was at louisville when teddy was there and he said he was never out partying.
It'd get in the way of his gospel choir rehearsal.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Only pro bowl thread I could find. Think the title of this thread should be changed to "What??? ______ to the Pro Bowl?"

Anyway, not much in this article but it does show a little of what this trip means to some.

Harrison Smith thrilled with fans in Hawaii

Griffen mic'd up at the Pro Bowl

To tell the truth, I was more excited about the pro bowl than I am for this weeks game. There are no Vikings playing this Sunday.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014