Dream last night

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Dream last night

Post by PurpleMustReign »

So, I had an interesting dream last night...

The Vikings decided to give Randy Moss a try to help bolster their WR corps, and it made the excitement for the Vikings at a fever pitch for next season. Moss came in and ripped the league up again and led us to the Super Bowl, which is when I woke up :( So Idk if we won or not :(
I know Moss isn't nearly the player he once was, but we sure have not had anything even remotely resembling him since he left the second time. Heck, I think Moss at his age would be better than half the WRs in the league.

Just thought I would share. :)
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
slapnut19
Transition Player

Re: Dream last night

Post by slapnut19 »

definitely a dream. moss was a world class turd in 2010 when he was here and he looked done as a wr. i think he's happy in retirement and thinking about entering the hall of fame soon.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

moss could step on the field tomorrow and still smoke almost anyone in the league.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

mosscarter wrote:moss could step on the field tomorrow and still smoke almost anyone in the league.
touche
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

mosscarter wrote:moss could step on the field tomorrow and still smoke almost anyone in the league.
why didn't he do that when he last played in 2012? moss was great but let's get real here. he's 38 and retired. he's probably smoking something else these days.
James
Rookie

Post by James »

I really feel bad for Moss. One of the greatest WRs of all time but will most likely never win a super bowl. Made it twice in his career but no luck. I would love to see Moss back in Minny for one more run, mainly because I'm a fan. But I doubt anyone will give him a chance at this age. Plus he was practically a no show in the Super Bowl in 2012. If he were to come back to Minny, would Teddy have the accuracy and arm strength to hit him deep?
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

Moss is my favorite all time......would absolutely love this but realize this would be the mother of all long shots. It's ok to dream. :govikes:
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Randy's only problem was he let his attitude get in the way of his playing. If he had a better attitude he would still be out there catching footballs for some team. An average Randy Moss is better than 70% of the WR's in the league at this moment.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

The problem I always saw with Moss was a guy who didn't figured out the attitude and the work ethic till after his physical game started to decline. If he had come into the league with the better mental traits he had in his later season I think he would have run away with the GOAT conversation and would currently be the undisputed gold standard by which all Receivers are measured.

So on the one hand he only has himself to blame but on the other hand he definitely had mellowed out and busted his butt later in his career so it sucks he didn't get one.
Rus
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Rus »

"shrug" If the organization and coaches weren't ones he could believe in, Randy didn't play to his potential. It's just how he was. You can call it a lack of professionalism all day long but the guy was very loyal and passionate about coaches and organizations that he felt he could believe were going the right direction. Other players will step into a terrible team and pretend to care, but Moss wasn't one to hide the truth about how he felt at all. And when he wasn't happy, he just didn't feel it was worth his time to give extra because he probably felt the team would trade him or go in the dumpster anyway.
-Rus
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

Rus wrote:"shrug" If the organization and coaches weren't ones he could believe in, Randy didn't play to his potential. It's just how he was. You can call it a lack of professionalism all day long but the guy was very loyal and passionate about coaches and organizations that he felt he could believe were going the right direction. Other players will step into a terrible team and pretend to care, but Moss wasn't one to hide the truth about how he felt at all. And when he wasn't happy, he just didn't feel it was worth his time to give extra because he probably felt the team would trade him or go in the dumpster anyway.

just not correct. he gave up on the 2010 patriots when they wouldn't give him a contract extention, and quickly did the same when the vikings didn't offer him one either. if he would have actually came to minny and worked his butt off to get on the same page with favre then that season would have ended differently imo.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

slapnut19 wrote:
just not correct. he gave up on the 2010 patriots when they wouldn't give him a contract extention, and quickly did the same when the vikings didn't offer him one either. if he would have actually came to minny and worked his butt off to get on the same page with favre then that season would have ended differently imo.

Totally wrong about his return to the Viks......well documented that the clown we had running the team (Childress) straight up did not like Moss. Childress left a lot to be desired as far as being a people person. As a head coach you not only manage the team but also personalities........and he was a total fail in that department.
slapnut19
Transition Player

Post by slapnut19 »

autobon7 wrote:
Totally wrong about his return to the Viks......well documented that the clown we had running the team (Childress) straight up did not like Moss. Childress left a lot to be desired as far as being a people person. As a head coach you not only manage the team but also personalities........and he was a total fail in that department.

no. childress had the final say on personnel moves and was the one who wanted to trade for moss. moss acting like an a hole to the caterers and dogging it on the field was on him, not anyone else. not directed at you, but the non stop excuses for moss over the years have become comical.