I think we should offer a 5th for?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: I think we should offer a 5th for?

Post by fiestavike »

Usually I'm not in favor of trading picks for veterans, but I would absolutely do it if an upgrade at LT or LG were available for the right price. Upgrading this offensive line will pay huge dividends.

Vontaze Defect is not a guy I would trade anything for.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
saint33
All Pro Elite Player

Post by saint33 »

The only player I would trade picks for is Joe Thomas (of players that could realistically be acquired through trade)
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

S197 wrote: +1
+100....no freakin thanks
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

the guy is going to miss three games and seems to have no ability to understand player safety and the league...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Keep in mind that when Zimmer coached Burfect the guy was widely considered a rising star in the league and a steal on draft day. Zimmer did the same thing with Pacman Jones in CINC. Burfect obviously has the most baggage of anyone in the NFL right now, but that could also be an opportunity to get him on the cheap if Zimmer can get him back on track.

If Burfect can fit into our locker room and help the team win, then I'm fine if he plays here.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

saint33 wrote:The only player I would trade picks for is Joe Thomas (of players that could realistically be acquired through trade)
He would be on the top of my list and maybe move Kalil to RT and Load to left guard Fusco back to RG, hey it might work, Load is a huge "road grader" :)
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

autobon7 wrote: +100....no freakin thanks
Same here.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

mansquatch wrote:Keep in mind that when Zimmer coached Burfect the guy was widely considered a rising star in the league and a steal on draft day. Zimmer did the same thing with Pacman Jones in CINC. Burfect obviously has the most baggage of anyone in the NFL right now, but that could also be an opportunity to get him on the cheap if Zimmer can get him back on track.

If Burfect can fit into our locker room and help the team win, then I'm fine if he plays here.

He was not considered a steal on draft day...He went undrafted.

Vontaze Burfict is a helluva football player. Zimmer has a history with not only Burfict himself, but guys like this in general. The rewards highly outweigh the risk if you're talking about only a 5th round pick. Zimmer can handle the character issues and has shown he can even turn these guys around.

He's a hard nosed football player. I'm not saying he isn't dirty, but I'm not saying he definitely is. The line between dirty and tough is blurred considerably these days.

If we're talking a 5th round pick or later...Yes. I'd be all for it as I'm sure Zimmer would be too.