New offensive line coach: Tony Sparano

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: New offensive line coach: Tony Sparano

Post by dead_poet »

jackal wrote:If nothing else I really trust Zimmer at this point. It will be interesting to see what we do with personel
on our OL in this offseason. :govikes:
We know Zimmer knows defense. How much does he know about offense? Specifically offensive linemen? Methinks he leaves that to Rick, Norv, Tony and the scouting department more so than giving input as he might defensive players.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote: We know Zimmer knows defense. How much does he know about offense? Specifically offensive linemen? Methinks he leaves that to Rick, Norv, Tony and the scouting department more so than giving input as he might defensive players.
Given that his defensive players talk about how much he teaches them about offensive schemes, what offenses are trying to do, etc. I think its a safe bet that Zimmer has a pretty good grip on both sides of the ball...Its part of what makes him great.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

fiestavike wrote: Given that his defensive players talk about how much he teaches them about offensive schemes, what offenses are trying to do, etc. I think its a safe bet that Zimmer has a pretty good grip on both sides of the ball...Its part of what makes him great.
Let's hope so and that he can kickstart the offense as well or better than how he has the defense. Offense is clearly the priority now.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly