Fan Reaction Videos

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Superman
Backup

Fan Reaction Videos

Post by Superman »

http://dailysnark.com/compilation-hilar ... ssed-kick/

Hopefully that link works. It shows about 10 fan reaction videos to the Walsh miss. For some reason it helps me feel a little better. How did you guys react? Screaming, crying, pouting, break anything, hurt anyone? I was pretty sure the Vikings were going to pull a Vikings and miss, so I just went numb.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Fan Reaction Videos

Post by Purple Reign »

Those are funny but the 1st one isn't from Walsh's miss - I've seen it before.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Superman wrote:http://dailysnark.com/compilation-hilar ... ssed-kick/

Hopefully that link works. It shows about 10 fan reaction videos to the Walsh miss. For some reason it helps me feel a little better. How did you guys react? Screaming, crying, pouting, break anything, hurt anyone? I was pretty sure the Vikings were going to pull a Vikings and miss, so I just went numb.
I was standing up, stood for a moment after the miss, swatted both hands against the floor and just looked at the ground for a moment...tried to imagine some way they could still potentially win, realized it was completely over, and then just felt really proud of this team. 2015 is my favorite Vikings team ever!
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I'm embarrassed to say I yelled "NO" entirely too loudly, dropped to my knees, took off my jersey and hat, and went outside to smoke a few cigarettes wearing nothing but pants.

I'm not proud of how I acted, but it's the truth. It hurt and I wasn't prepared for it.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

I shook my head and chuckled at the way the Vikes got me again.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I fell to the floor face-down ... for about 3 seconds. My family's eyes were all trained on me, waiting for the expected explosion.

But that didn't happen.

I left the room for a minute and went on with life. Calm. Why? Because I had promised myself to take the long view. While I hope for victory in every game, and while this team's trajectory is sharply up, I realized awhile ago that 2015 was not likely to be our year. Spielman and Zimmer are building for sustainability, and I think in a year or two, we'll be one of the league's most feared teams.

Still feel that way today. It's a long time until September, and I can hardly wait!
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
mr6kings
Backup

Post by mr6kings »

I was standing in front of the TV just prior to the kick thinking to myself. OK 22 seconds to stop Wilson from getting into fg range. When it went wide I just stood there shaking my head and thought oh well. Vikes have broken this 62 yr old heart too many times to do anything but just shake my head and say wait until next year. I was at the Roger Staubach Hail Mary game and also had tickets to the next weeks NFC Championship game.. I was home on leave from Carswell AFB TX for the game and somehow never sent it back for a refund. It;s a bit of unusual memorabilia. That game bothered me more than the 98 Atlanta game or the NO game with Favre. In 98 I thought Denver in the SB would have been a tough game to win with our so so defense going against Denvers running game. This year I think Whoever wins the NFC other than Green Bay wins the SB. Arizona in a rematch with a healthy Barr Joseph and Smith would have been winnable and Carolina? Who knows what might have been
Mark Solie
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

I was at home watching the game (live alone). When the kick went wide left I stood up and threw my capped water bottle into the empty recliner followed with a expletive. Looked back at the TV for a flag. No flags......expletive. Watched the Seahawks celebrating and felt let down. Watched as they interviewed a few Seahawks and not one gave props to a Vikings team that we all knew should have won. Dislike them even more now. Went to my sons 8th grade basketball game and mostly forgot about the agony that is being a Vikings fan. Monday morning at work all football fans stopped by to discuss the game and failed "chip shot". Even 2 GB fans admitted that they were feeling bad for me and the Vikings......although I have to wonder if they feel they would rather face the Vikings again rather than the Seahawks. Either way I'm over the loss for the most part.....even watched the youtube vids showing fans reaction and chuckled a couple times. Prolly won't watch anymore games this season save for the SB. And just an FYI......I don't have any ill will towards Walsh.....he is human and for the most part a good player and teammate that took ownership of what happened. I'm ready to move forward with him and look forward to another successful draft.

Skol Viks
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

The words that came out of my mouth probably would've gotten me arrested. Had a few Manhattans after that and laid in bed staring at my ceiling with nothing but Al Michaels' voice running through my head saying "And the field goal is NO GOOD!!!!!" :oops: :oops:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
vikesfan87
All Pro Elite Player

Post by vikesfan87 »

Superman wrote:http://dailysnark.com/compilation-hilar ... ssed-kick/

I basically reacted with open-mouthed shock followed by seething anger.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I was kneeling on the floor and my gf was talking to her sister on the phone (speaker). When he missed, I went NOOOOOOO!!! and I heard my gf say that Blair missed, and then her sister laughed... I wanted to punch her...
Then I just sat there for a good 30 minutes.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Idk if you have seen this or if the link will work. It is slightly NSFW...

https://www.facebook.com/iamillphatic/v ... nref=story
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Cliff wrote:Image
:point:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

I was initially mad (for about 5 seconds). My wife was at work and I was texting her updates on the game. I was deliberately waiting to text her the "Vikings Win!!!!" text since the last one I had sent her was (true) the Seahawks lead by 1 with the ball and about 2 minutes left in the game. I knew she would be mentally preparing for the loss, while I'd just seen Rudolph's run which was going to "seal the game for us" Then it happened. For 5 seconds I was angry...then I texted my wife that Walsh just missed a 27 yard FG that would have won it for us, but the Vikes "just lost the game." I shrugged and actually was somewhat apathetic after that. "It figures" was really what I was thinking. It don't even hurt (much) anymore :|

I then did my version of a Randy Moss imitation: I turned off the TV and left without watching the final seconds tick off the clock.
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!