Week 13 Predictions: Seahawks at Vikings

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Re: Week 13 Predictions: Seahawks at Vikings

Post by UKno1VIKING »

I Hate the Seagulls!!! As the game has got very big over here in the UK over the past few years, there seems to be more and more jumping on the the Seattle bandwagon. Pete Carroll's chewing gum and sneering, the "12th" man. F*** off!!!!
The crowd, will hopefully be as loud as usual and we'll hopefully shove it up 'em.

It should be fascinating game. They are by far the most similar team to ourselves in this league.
I can see it going either way really, X factors are of course A.D for us, and probably Russell Wilson for them. We contain his legs and turnovers will come.
They have nothing special in their WR core, so i'd hope we'd concentrate a bit more on the middle of the field and really bring the heat on their weak O-line.
I think it's tight whichever way the result goes.
My heart says 23-20 Vikings
My head says 26-23 Seattle
I'm going with my heart! SKOL!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dkoby wrote:Seattle will have a let down after a big time road win last week in Pittsburg. Zimmers rush plan will limit Wilson somewhat. I think we will win this one.
The game was in Seattle, not Pittsburgh.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

From John Breech at

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... colts-lose
You might want to call your grandpa for this game because what we're going to see on Sunday is the type of smash mouth football that he grew up with (If you don't have your grandpa's phone number, now's a good time to get it.)

My grandpa hates all the "fancy pants passing" that's going on in the NFL right now, which means he's going to love this game. Not only are the Vikings and Seahawks the top-2 rushing teams in the NFL, but they're also two of the three teams in the league this year that have called more run plays than pass plays (Carolina is the other). That just doesn't happen anymore in today's NFL.

The Vikings definitely have the better running back, but it kind of feels like the Seahawks have the better everything else (better run defense, better quarterback). Not to mention, The Seahawks are almost unbeatable in December. Since Russell Wilson's rookie year in 2012, Seattle has gone 12-2 in the month. Taking the Vikings here wouldn't be crazy, but my grandpa would want me to pick the Seahawks.

The Pick: Seahawks 27-24 over Vikings.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Have only watched Seattle once this year ... I really can't stand them, so I've avoided watching.

Only thing I can say is that it's shaping up to be a low-scoring game. Neither team is an offensive juggernaut, although both teams run the ball well. When it shapes up as a defensive battle, I look at things like the weather. As of now, that doesn't appear to be a huge factor -- forecast is for 36 degrees, low wind and no precipitation -- but we all know how that can go.

After that, I look at special teams. We're good in most areas, especially coverage, but so is Seattle. It could very well come down to field goals, and with Blair's inconsistency, that worries me.

Russell Wilson seems to be a huge X-factor. He's so dangerous outside the pocket. One thing helping us, however, is our overall team speed on defense, which is better than it's been in many years. Hopefully we can contain him somewhat. I think the key is to not let him make downfield completions when he breaks the pocket. He's so good at that, but our DBs are excellent. If we can hold him to under 200 yards passing, we can win this game.

Beyond that, I have no prediction to make.
Agree with you on all accounts. Mostly on the X-factor. Wilson is a far bigger weapon than TB imo. Very good defense on both sides so it all comes down to this......can we stop Wilson and can the Seahawks stop AP? It helps that they will not be in Beast Mode but we will see. Would be nice to see the staff show a little diversity and use CP a bit.....but hey.....that's a completely different thread right?
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

The big thing is they will not have Lynch. That is a huge loss for them and makes this game much more winnable IMO. The rushing thing might have been a wash if he were playing. Now it definitely favors the Vikings.

Their defense is not what it has been in past years. Not sure if teams are learning to scheme them better or what, but they are allowing 3-4 PPG more than 2012-2014. The one obvious change is losing Dan Quinn.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
cstelter
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by cstelter »

Well, since 2012, the vikings are 9-5 in December. In seasons where AD played in December we were 7-3. Not quite 12-2 awesome, but not shabby either. But I have to respect the December stat that Seattle has-- they are 5-1 on the road in Dec, including a key win on the road against 11-5 AZ last year which I suspect clinched the division for them.

In 2012 and 2014, they were perfect in Dec -- the 2 losses in Dec came in 2013 where they wound up 13-3 and won the SB.

By all accounts, Sea is no joke in Dec.

But neither have the Vikings been. Even in 2013 when we went 5-10-1, we managed above-the-norm 2-2 in December and in 2013 without Adrian where we wound up 7-9 for the season, we also went 2-2 in December. The brand of football we are playing is much like 2012 and *that* season we went 4-1 in December and beat a 12-4 Houston team, split with an 11-5 GB team, beat a 10-6 CHI team and took care of business against a 7-4 DET team.

My prediction is that we will play a competitive game-- much more so than vs. GB.
Craig S
Skoltastic_Voyage
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Skoltastic_Voyage »

808vikingsfan wrote: Not a Thursday game. The Cardinals game is the Thursday game.
Oh thank God then... Scratch that off my list then I must of started thinking that when Zim said they were getting back on a Thursday schedule.
My guide to being a Vikings fan:
Step 1.) Drink beer.
Step 2.) See step 1.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

My father has been a life long Seahaws fan and being from Alaska (originally) I have a soft spot for the Hawks. I still follow them and watch their games when I can. But I would never use the word fan to describe my situation with them. I went to the games we played in Seattle the last two times we were there and got our butts handed to us. With that said. I want to see the Vikings win by at least two scores. 31- 17 would work for me.
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

akvikingsfan wrote:My father has been a life long Seahaws fan and being from Alaska (originally) I have a soft spot for the Hawks. I still follow them and watch their games when I can. But I would never use the word fan to describe my situation with them. I went to the games we played in Seattle the last two times we were there and got our butts handed to us. With that said. I want to see the Vikings win by at least two scores. 31- 17 would work for me.

How about 28-3?

Two Teddy TDs

A 55 yarder from AP

And a Barr Pick-6
MikethePurple
Veteran

Post by MikethePurple »

Living in Portland, we have all of the Seahawks games televised here so I've seen a few of them. Many of their losses have come in the final quarter where they have blown big leads. They actually were one last second ball punch away from losing another to Detroit as well earlier. The problem I think is even with the similar makeups of both of the teams, Seattle has a much more explosive offense and that is what worries me. If we were able to get a good pass rush on them the Vikes will have a chance although that has been a little absent in recent games it seems, and people's concerns about Wilson's mobility and ability to make plays on the run are very warranted. The Seahawks have the ability to score pretty quickly and put a number of points on the board. We've seen that is where the Vikes struggle, when they have to play from behind and they aren't able to control the pace of the game. I'm hoping the Vikes can come through because it'd be a big win but I really think Seattle is going to pull this one out. That is unless the Vikes can create some turnovers like they were able to do last week and keep it a low scoring affair.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

It will be a tough game, but the matchup isn't as bad as it could be. The Seattle defense has smallish, fast players (IIRC) to attack a passing team, so we probably can run well, as long as we don't fall behind. And our Achilles heel is run defense, so we catch a break with my top fantasy RB, Marshawn Lynch, on the bench. Our good DB's (man, it feels good to say that) shouldn't have excessive difficulty with their WR's - just have to stay with them as Wilson moves out of the pocket.

Best of all, I think Zim will come up with a good game plan to attack the Seattle offense. ...Why do we always distrust our offensive coordinators? I don't have the same faith in Norv, but I think we'll get our 17-23 points.

Official prediction: Vikes 17-16. I hardly ever predict a win, so go drop some money on Seattle in Vegas.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

mansquatch wrote:The big thing is they will not have Lynch. That is a huge loss for them and makes this game much more winnable IMO. The rushing thing might have been a wash if he were playing. Now it definitely favors the Vikings.

Their defense is not what it has been in past years. Not sure if teams are learning to scheme them better or what, but they are allowing 3-4 PPG more than 2012-2014. The one obvious change is losing Dan Quinn.
Thomas Rawls has played better than Lynch did when he was playing. There hasn't been a dropoff in that respect.

Their defense is worse because their pass rush is lacking. Teddy will have time to throw.

This game is definitely winnable. Seattle will be tough, but they are not very good up front on either side of the ball and Minnesota will have opportunities to get after Russell. As most have said though, he is the X-factor. Despite having been sacked 37 times or so on the year, getting after him and bringing him down are two entirely different obstacles.

I don't see lots of sacks because of Zim's philosophy, but Linval should eat and provide the penetration down the throat of that offense. The hope is that they corral Russell by closing passing and running lanes in front of him.

Vikings are more disciplined, but Seattle more polished/experienced. Who is hungrier? I don't know. I hope Minnesota, but I can see this game going either way. Everyone needs to show up for this one.

Most around these parts know where I stand with this game. An extra oomph of pride is on the line for me....Hopefully the Vikes shove...Well, you know...
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

cstelter wrote: Well, since 2012, the vikings are 9-5 in December. In seasons where AD played in December we were 7-3. Not quite 12-2 awesome, but not shabby either. But I have to respect the December stat that Seattle has-- they are 5-1 on the road in Dec, including a key win on the road against 11-5 AZ last year which I suspect clinched the division for them.

In 2012 and 2014, they were perfect in Dec -- the 2 losses in Dec came in 2013 where they wound up 13-3 and won the SB.

By all accounts, Sea is no joke in Dec.

But neither have the Vikings been. Even in 2013 when we went 5-10-1, we managed above-the-norm 2-2 in December and in 2013 without Adrian where we wound up 7-9 for the season, we also went 2-2 in December. The brand of football we are playing is much like 2012 and *that* season we went 4-1 in December and beat a 12-4 Houston team, split with an 11-5 GB team, beat a 10-6 CHI team and took care of business against a 7-4 DET team.

My prediction is that we will play a competitive game-- much more so than vs. GB.
Thanks for that post! That gave me a very needed burst of optimism.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

There is no reason to think the Vikings will dominate a team they mirror so closely. Therefore, I think they will:

24-13 Vikings win. (Go big or go home!) :v):
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Just Me wrote:There is no reason to think the Vikings will dominate a team they mirror so closely. Therefore, I think they will:

24-13 Vikings win. (Go big or go home!) :v):
SKOL!