Now that seattle won....

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Now that seattle won....

Post by Norv Zimmer »

What are the chances this weekends game will be flexed? I really hope not.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Now that seattle won....

Post by Purple bruise »

Norv Zimmer wrote:What are the chances this weekends game will be flexed? I really hope not.
On a side note and I am fairly certain it has already been brought up, Jimmy Graham wont be facing the Vikes next week (knee) bad for him good for the Vikes.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I'm like 80% positive that games (except SNF Week 17) have to be flexed a couple weeks in advance, but I'm not in a position to check this right now.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Wasn't our green bay game flexed the sunday before?
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Just read it on nfl site, it says games that are flexed must have Atleast 12 days notice.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Hoping its televised here. With two good teams and one being west coast, I think there's a fairly good chance.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

What Does "Flexed" mean?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Laserman wrote:What Does "Flexed" mean?
The networks have the option to "flex" a certain number of games to different times. For example, a game originally scheduled to be played at noon on a Sunday could be "flexed" to become the Sunday Night Football game.

Apparently, it's also possible for CBS to occasionally get an all-NFC matchup from FOX and for FOX to get an all-AFC game from CBS.

I forget all the details but I'm sure you can find out more about how it works with a Google search. :)
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I didn't know about the conference switching you referenced, Jim. That's interesting.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Mothman wrote: The networks have the option to "flex" a certain number of games to different times. For example, a game originally scheduled to be played at noon on a Sunday could be "flexed" to become the Sunday Night Football game.

Apparently, it's also possible for CBS to occasionally get an all-NFC matchup from FOX and for FOX to get an all-AFC game from CBS.

I forget all the details but I'm sure you can find out more about how it works with a Google search. :)
Based on current records, the game most likely to be flexed in week 17, the Vikes-Packers. But that can change. Next most viable game would be the Seahawks-Cardinals. If the Seahawks catch up to them.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

DK Sweets wrote:I didn't know about the conference switching you referenced, Jim. That's interesting.
It caught me by surprise too. There was a Vikings/Bears game broadcast on CBS last year. That's when I noticed it. I think that sort of "flexing" may only happen when the schedule leaves one network with significantly fewer games than the other.

I neglected to mention above that the networks can also flex a game to a different time slot. FOX did that with the Packers/Vikings game. It was originally scheduled to be a noon game.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote: It caught me by surprise too. There was a Vikings/Bears game broadcast on CBS last year. That's when I noticed it. I think that sort of "flexing" may only happen when the schedule leaves one network with significantly fewer games than the other.

I neglected to mention above that the networks can also flex a game to a different time slot. FOX did that with the Packers/Vikings game. It was originally scheduled to be a noon game.
Its something they started last season. CBS also did the Carolina Atlanta game that determined the NFC South winner in week 17.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Its something they started last season. CBS also did the Carolina Atlanta game that determined the NFC South winner in week 17.
I forgot about that! Thanks. I knew it was a recent development.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Now that you mention it, I do remember the Vikes/Bears game you referenced. It caught me off guard as well.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I believe that a flexed games needs to weeks.. We had two weeks notice of the GB game at least...

The game can get aired across the country without changing the time.. if the networks think it will draw
the best ratings.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!