Vikings @ Falcons Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 12

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Vikings @ Falcons Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 12

Post by yezzir »

Good Morning & Skol!!! :v): :smilevike:

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. I'm still eating leftovers. :thumbsup:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

After losing at home to the Green Bay Packers last weekend, the Minnesota Vikings can't afford another misstep if they want any chance to hold onto the NFC North division lead. They have a tough road game this week, but it comes against an Atlanta Falcons team that has collapsed after a 5-0 start.

Since beating Washington in overtime on Oct. 11, Atlanta has gone 1-4 with a once-powerful offense turning the ball over 13 times. Matt Ryan has had serious issues with ball control, and is now up to 10 interceptions and six fumbles in 10 games. That's not a great trend against a Minnesota defense that's ranked third in the league. The Vikings don't force a lot of turnovers -- just two in the last five games -- but Green Bay is the only team to score 25 or more points against them this season.

Teams have been able to run on Minnesota, which is good news for Atlanta if Devonta Freeman is able to recover from a concussion in time to play. Freeman is averaging over 100 yards from scrimmage a game, while Tevin Coleman hasn't been nearly as effective as the No. 2 back.

When Minnesota has the ball, the main matchup will be Adrian Peterson against Atlanta's third-ranked rushing defense. Peterson is already at 1,000 yards through 10 games, and is averaging 4.8 yards a carry, while Teddy Bridgewater is effective when he runs the ball. Atlanta only allows 3.6 yards per carry, but has given up 324 yards in the last three games, so they will need to pick things back up to stop Peterson.

Most experts are picking the Vikings to pick up the key road win, including six of eight at CBS Sports and seven of 13 at ESPN. It's a similar story here at SB Nation, where six of our eight experts are taking Minnesota.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/11/27/ ... ns-week-12
-------------------------------------------------------------------
If the Vikings lose this game it's because Julio Jones eats up our secondary.

Prediction: Vikings 27, Falcsons 23
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings @ Falcons Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 12

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Absolutely baffling how Sendejo continues to start. Exum and Sendejo will start today - not Blanton and Exum. Blanton is not great, but, FFS, he is 100x better than Sendejo. Blanton must have whoopee cushioned Mike Zimmer in team meetings or something. There is no way Blanton should be on the bench while Sendejo starts. Even Ray Charles could do a better job than Sendejo in coverage.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Blanton takes horrible angles in the running game. It's how do you want to lose :(
Blanton wasn't a Safety in college and it shows. He was a CB and is not a force in the run game. Sendejo brings a bit more bite to the defense but any deep drag is good for 30 yards.

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Absolutely baffling how Sendejo continues to start. Exum and Sendejo will start today - not Blanton and Exum. Blanton is not great, but, FFS, he is 100x better than Sendejo. Blanton must have whoopee cushioned Mike Zimmer in team meetings or something. There is no way Blanton should be on the bench while Sendejo starts. Even Ray Charles could do a better job than Sendejo in coverage.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

YikesVikes wrote:Blanton takes horrible angles in the running game. It's how do you want to lose :(
Blanton wasn't a Safety in college and it shows. He was a CB and is not a force in the run game. Sendejo brings a bit more bite to the defense but any deep drag is good for 30 yards.

Sendejo aka "Magellen". One of the great football field explorers of all time.
Orion
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Orion »

#### YOU GARY ANDERSON YOU WILL NEVER BE WELCOME IN MY HOME.

We better win today, Green Bay sucks and this is our division for the taking. We're in big trouble if we lose to the Falcons that dropped 4 of last 5 including to a Luck-less Colts.
When you're born, you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
Football38
Rookie

Post by Football38 »

Hello,

Just an outsider's perspective here: The Vikings would be a serious Super Bowl contender if they had a better quarterback. I am a huge fan of Adrian Peterson, and his attitude toward teamwork.

I just feel that Teddy keeps going for the check down throws, even when your team needs 15 yards. The Viking defense is tier one and your coach is good. With a better, more confident quarterback your team is a Super Bowl contender. Good luck today, I think A.P. will run all over Atlanta.
TeddyBaller
Starter

Post by TeddyBaller »

i have a bad feeling we are gonna gon run peterson through this tough falcons run d, and he's gon get no yards or he's gonna fumble

teddy torched this team last year through the air in his first start, roll him outside the pocket and have him throw it on them even if its 6 or 7 yard completion.. just to get him in ryhtm, you run peterson on first and second down, and then expect teddy to convert on 3rd and long when he is not in rythm... teddy is a rythm thrower, not a gunslinger
TeddyBaller
Starter

Post by TeddyBaller »

Football38 wrote:Hello,

Just an outsider's perspective here: The Vikings would be a serious Super Bowl contender if they had a better quarterback. I am a huge fan of Adrian Peterson, and his attitude toward teamwork.

I just feel that Teddy keeps going for the check down throws, even when your team needs 15 yards. The Viking defense is tier one and your coach is good. With a better, more confident quarterback your team is a Super Bowl contender. Good luck today, I think A.P. will run all over Atlanta.

congrats on your first post, welcome to the forum.. atlanta is number 1 in the nfl againist the run, we should throw it on them if anything
mossbutt
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mossbutt »

Football38 wrote:Hello,

Quarterback? We dont need no stinkin quarterback. Three or four td's from our defense ought to do it.
Vikes 27-3.............es bueno
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Orion wrote:#### YOU GARY ANDERSON YOU WILL NEVER BE WELCOME IN MY HOME..
:rofl:
Football38
Rookie

Post by Football38 »

TeddyBaller wrote:
congrats on your first post, welcome to the forum.. atlanta is number 1 in the nfl againist the run, we should throw it on them if anything
I don't know, I just feel good about you guys using Adrian Peterson over Bridgewater. I wish my Broncos had him.
Football38
Rookie

Post by Football38 »

mossbutt wrote: Quarterback? We dont need no stinkin quarterback. Three or four td's from our defense ought to do it.
Vikes 27-3.............es bueno
You will need some quarterbacking in the post season....but I do agree defense does win championships.
Skoltastic_Voyage
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Skoltastic_Voyage »

I don't know about this game I could see it going all over the place. Come on Teddy time to shine and shut me and the other doubting Thomas's up ... Thomas' up... Weird I need to lay off the booze it's my name and I don't know how that goes. Anyhow much luck out there today Vikes!

Edit: love English apparently it's doubting Thomases.... Yeah that's something.
My guide to being a Vikings fan:
Step 1.) Drink beer.
Step 2.) See step 1.
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

Smith out hope Julio Jones dont torch us. :?
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
mossbutt
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mossbutt »

End zone or bust