Packers @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 11

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Packers @ Vikings Game Day Discussion Thread -- Week 11

Post by mosscarter »

brees threw 7 td's in one game and teddy has 9 all year. you guys do the math however you want, but in my book it doesn't add up. teddy isn't even an average nfl qb.
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

mosscarter wrote:blame the officials all you want when the truth is our qb is the next rg3 and kaepernick. today is simply a result of what happens when you have to face a REAL quarterback. 21 starts and bridgewater has yet to throw for 3 td's in a game and you expect us to beat arron rodgers? my god wake up.
Teddy, was the best player in purple today. He was dealt a bum deal, as he has been dealt week after week, with the pathetic O-line play, and performed well once again.
I'd take him over every single young QB in the NFL. But no QB can win games themselves with minimal time before the pocket crumbles no matter who they are. Brady, Rodgers, or Teddy, it doesn't matter. In fact, teddys elusiveness probably kept plays going a bit more than those great QB's would.
Hopefully with Phil and Sully back next year and guard and tackle taken in the draft next year, I feel we'll have the tools to put a big challenge in for the SB.
But we need replacements in that line. Kalil seems to get a lot of love for some reason, he probably has been the best in the O-line. However, that's like saying he's the smartest air stewardess. Nothing to shout about. He's been beat so many times this year, it's just the inept play of the rest of the line, which has cushioned what a big steaming pile of letdown faeces he really is. His is the most important position in that line, and he's had long enough for me. First position addressed in the draft for me
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

:lol:

The reactions in this thread remind me of the boards I've been reading lately. One loss and all of a sudden the team is average, Kalil sucks, Teddy Sucks, our defense isn't any good, etc.

We had a bad game against a division opponent...just like Green Bay had last week. Yesterday should not erase the 9 good games that Kalil and the defense have played.

As for Teddy, anybody who doesn't think he played his #### off yesterday is just going to have to agree to disagree with me because we clearly saw different games yesterday.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

DK Sweets wrote::lol:

The reactions in this thread remind me of the boards I've been reading lately. One loss and all of a sudden the team is average, Kalil sucks, Teddy Sucks, our defense isn't any good, etc.

We had a bad game against a division opponent...just like Green Bay had last week. Yesterday should not erase the 9 good games that Kalil and the defense have played.

As for Teddy, anybody who doesn't think he played his #### off yesterday is just going to have to agree to disagree with me because we clearly saw different games yesterday.
I agree with this.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

I'm more worried that kalil is hurt again, from what I remember, his knee issue is chronic as it's basically bone grinding on bone, hopefully it was truly just a bad game but my fear is that this is starting to creep in again and we all know how much his performance suffers when it does. When healthy he's a stud, but that's not always possible. It was very sad to see how bad he played yesterday though...
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

mondry wrote:I'm more worried that kalil is hurt again, from what I remember, his knee issue is chronic as it's basically bone grinding on bone, hopefully it was truly just a bad game but my fear is that this is starting to creep in again and we all know how much his performance suffers when it does. When healthy he's a stud, but that's not always possible. It was very sad to see how bad he played yesterday though...
Yesterday he played with a toe injury, unless the injury reports were wrong.

On one hand it's nice to see him tough it out and play through injury, but it seems to really affect him mentally. We don't have much of an option behind him, though (take it away, Jim! ;) ).
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

DK Sweets wrote:Yesterday he played with a toe injury, unless the injury reports were wrong.

On one hand it's nice to see him tough it out and play through injury, but it seems to really affect him mentally. We don't have much of an option behind him, though (take it away, Jim! ;) ).
:lol: I think I'll just allow my previous comments on that subject to stand for themselves. :)
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

DK Sweets wrote:Yesterday he played with a toe injury, unless the injury reports were wrong.

ah so a toe injury and not the knee, that's a good sign going forward (I guess) but none the less his play still fell way off so that's scary.