Who's the better QB of the 2014 class. Bridgewater or Carr?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

jonathan keller
Waterboy

Who's the better QB of the 2014 class. Bridgewater or Carr?

Post by jonathan keller »

DON'T BE BIASED NOW. The raiders are calling Bridgewater a "game manager" a good one, but still one nonetheless. Do you guys agree?

Like I said. Try to make an expert analysis. Don't just say Bridgewater is better just because he's on your team. Thanks.
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Who's the better QB of the 2014 class. Bridgewater or Ca

Post by Purple bruise »

jonathan keller wrote:DON'T BE BIASED NOW. The raiders are calling Bridgewater a "game manager" a good one, but still one nonetheless. Do you guys agree?

Like I said. Try to make an expert analysis. Don't just say Bridgewater is better just because he's on your team. Thanks.
Way to soon to tell but Carr has a better o-line and one of the best receivers in the game with Cooper. That being said, TB has a better win loss record and is twice as mobile. Time will tell but I will stick with TB :rock:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
randomghost11
Rookie

Post by randomghost11 »

Teddy is a game manager right now. He can do more if it comes to it but as of now the team is focused on the run game and Teddy is just asked to compliment it by not turning it over. The raiders offense is focused on Carr and has lead to better stats. Not a knock on Carr, the guy has a bright future as well, but I believe Teddy would put up better numbers if they had identical teams.

Carr is the better qb right now because of the situation he is in but Teddy is the more successful qb because of his situation.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I would rather have Teddy, because of his character and leadership...

I know some people are yards, yards and touchdowns ...

Teddy lost at three touchdowns due to drops this year.. I am far more worried about that...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

jackal wrote:I would rather have Teddy, because of his character and leadership...

I know some people are yards, yards and touchdowns ...

Teddy lost at three touchdowns due to drops this year.. I am far more worried about that...
Rudolphs was stupid, i mean really lol
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Rudolphs was stupid, i mean really lol
He was standing, with no coverage .. that inspired foul language :soap
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

I think it's too soon to tell. Right now, they're in pretty different circumstances, which doesn't help. I feel Carr has more upside and is further along in his development but that doesn't mean he'll ultimately be the better player.

We'll have a better idea in a few years...
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote:I think it's too soon to tell. Right now, they're in pretty different circumstances, which doesn't help. I feel Carr has more upside and is further along in his development but that doesn't mean he'll ultimately be the better player.

We'll have a better idea in a few years...
true.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

I'd rather have Carr, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Carr has thrown 21 tds and 6 interceptions this season
Bridgewater has 7td and 6 picks

Now Carr does have 25% more passing attempts that Teddy, but even if we inflate Teddy's stats by 25%, that would be 9 tds and 7.5 picks.

Teddy also has 24 sacks, to Carr's 10.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

720pete wrote:I'd rather have Carr, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Carr has thrown 21 tds and 6 interceptions this season
Bridgewater has 7td and 6 picks

Now Carr does have 25% more passing attempts that Teddy, but even if we inflate Teddy's stats by 25%, that would be 9 tds and 7.5 picks.

Teddy also has 24 sacks, to Carr's 10.
I'd take Teddy by a wide margin.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote: I'd take Teddy by a wide margin.
Why?
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote: Why?
I think he is a special player. Carr might prove to be a good qb, or even a great qb. I don't know. But I believe Teddy will be unique. I believe in his calm and composure, toughness and leadership, and smarts or "wisdom" with the ball. Obviously lots of room for improvement, and I think we'll see him make every bit of it. Also, I love the guy as a person. There's no QB I'd rather have to lead this team. I believe in what I see when I watch him play, and when I watch how other guys on the team react to him. I guess if I had to pick 1 word, I think he's a near perfect leader.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote:I think he is a special player. Carr might prove to be a good qb, or even a great qb. I don't know. But I believe Teddy will be unique. I believe in his calm and composure, toughness and leadership, and smarts or "wisdom" with the ball. Obviously lots of room for improvement, and I think we'll see him make every bit of it. Also, I love the guy as a person. There's no QB I'd rather have to lead this team. I believe in what I see when I watch him play, and when I watch how other guys on the team react to him. I guess if I had to pick 1 word, I think he's a near perfect leader.
Thanks for the explanation. I figured there must be some quality (or qualities) you saw in him that would prompt you to say you preferred him by a wide margin.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote: Thanks for the explanation. I figured there must be some quality (or qualities) you saw in him that would prompt you to say you preferred him by a wide margin.
No problem. I'd add to that, that I believe he is playing injured. I don't say that to excuse any of his shortcomings, but more to emphasize his character and leadership.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Why do I get the feeling that Jonathan Keller and Randomghost11 are the same person? Or are they just Raider fans that didn't get approved before the game?
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966