Enemy Fan Forums: Green Bay Packers

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Enemy Fan Forums: Green Bay Packers

Post by IrishViking »

My favorite part were the two quotes from the Packers fan the one basically saying

"I don't get why the Vikings would root for bad things to happen to the Packers. I only do that to the Bears" :rofl:

Then the one expounding on why they don't respect and they pity the Vikings ... Then wondering why we hate them :appl: :appl: :appl:

:point: :point: :point: :point: :point: :point: :point:
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

the amount of fair weather fans for just absolutely terrible fans of the Green Bay Packers astounds me. I have a suspicion that it is all a ruse, how can a fan base that is usually Ultra proud and will defend their team to the last bit all be so down on their team who has six wins and three losses? it just doesn't make sense to me could it be an elaborate hoax to make the Vikings and their fans feel like they are throwing in the towel?if we dominate them on Sunday It is going to be crazy to see what their message boards are saying I'm thinking some Packer fans with probably commit suicide it's already looking like that over there. I mean now they're blaming Olivia munn haha
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Sunday Morning Update:

Packers Forums
http://www.packerforum.com
A huge game at home for an up and coming rival with a defense capable of keeping Rodgers and co.'s slump going, coupled with a rb who usually destroys them.
Packers score late to make it look closer than it really is.
Vikings, 31-17
Packers win 26-22
I predict AP runs for over a buck fifty. Our mlbs are absolutely garbage....GARBAGE. Mise well start that Ryan fella because there are a lot of guys in nFL practice squads better at mlb than what lines up for us.
Too much is not going right to have a lot of confidence in a Packer victory this Sunday. Ty Montgomgery's seemingly incurable ankle sprain, Davante Adams not being the answer, drops, inaccurate throws, poor pass protection, Lacy's falling into a black hole, now Rodgers' bad shoulder.

Credit the defense for playing like it should against the Lions, and I think the Packer offense will play better but I don't think it will be enough.

Vikings 27 Packers 20. A Cordarelle Patterson runback for a TD or deep into Packer territory will be the difference.
Lacy isn't fat, he's just short for his weight.
I think the Vikings will put up about 35 and Peterson will get close to 200 yards, if he doesn't exceed it. Let's face it, the Pack are in a bad spot right now and I don't think it's going to turn around quickly. But I still love my Green Bay Packers. (And I would love for them to prove me wrong. ;)) Oh, and I think the Pack won't get more than 20 points if that.
Apparently things have gotten so bad in Packerland that we are now discussing the Bears.
Very sad indeed.
Vikings have some fast Wrs man. I can see them going deep a couple times on Hyde, Haywayrd and challenging our safeties to stay honest. That will open up things more for AP who is on a tear right now. I can easily see us losing this game smh. We need to score in bunches which I don't see happening .
Packers Chatters
http://forum.packerchatters.com

The team better come in with a good offensive game plan. The Vikings have been playing primarily single high press coverage. It's not news to anybody, but that's been Green Bay's kryptonite this year. The Vikings aren't going to have to resort to mimicking another team's gameplan that was successful. They should be able to do what they do well, and they'll be in their comfort zone running that gameplan. They have a great corner (Rhodes) and Harrison Smith in my opinion is one of the top FS's in the league. They have the back end personnel to keep doing the same thing to Green Bay that other teams have done.

Another concern is their lack of yards given up on screen passes. 4.5 yards per screen pass given up by the Minnesota defense. I don't think the yards are going to come easy, either by ground, air, or the screen game. A lot of factors seem to point to the Minnesota defense matching up very well with the current Green Bay offense.

I think it's going to be another week where the defense really needs to step up and keep the game close. A better scenario would see the offense getting back on track, getting the run game rolling, and maybe completing a play action deep ball or two to force a change in the way opposing teams are challenging the Packers.
It might look like the Vikings passing game is inefficient, almost last in the league in total yards however, this is where stats can be confusing. This team is performing a certain brand of football based on their running game. The running game is so good that they rarely have to pass. They are very efficient passing when press to do so. They rely on their rookie, Stefon Diggs, who leads the team in yards and receptions. And Bridgewater also, throws a lot to Mike Wallace and Kyle Rudolph. A lot like Aaron Rodgers, Bridgewater will sit in the pocket as long as he can before deciding to run but when he does run, he does it well.

Their defense is good. They play a lot of man-to-man, they tackle good, and gang tackle even better. Their defense is number 1 in the league in allowing the fewest amount of points. That is not good news to a struggling offense like the Packers.

The Packers need to establish a run game against the Vikings and they have to control AP in order to win. They have to create some turnovers and must not turn the ball over. David Bakhtiari has to do a good job on the Vikings leading sack man, Everson Griffin.

IMHO, it is going to be a long ugly day if they do not control AP and Bridgewater from running all over the field.
I wouldn't call the Vikings pass rush great. They are 17th in league in sacks. Everson Griffin leads the team with 5.5 sacks and Erik Kendricks, who just came back from being inactive for 2 games with a rib injury, has 4. Other then that, there really isn't a threat. Hopefully Bak can do his job against Griffin.

It sounds like Left tackle Matt Kalil won't be playing. Hopefully we can take advantage of that situation.
Can't say I like their matchups on the outside now with Randall out. He was by far their best athlete and only Shields is in who beats him in top speed.
Football's Future - Packers
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/v ... m.php?f=17

I think GB has the better Defense, Offense, and Special teams on a neutral field. This will be similar to the Rams game, except we are on the road, which makes it more difficult to have consistency, and probably swings the balance of power into the Vikings favor.

I would expect we split the series, but if GB manages to win this game, it will be because McCarthy, Rodgers and the staff know THIS is the most important game on the calendar. Not the 7-0 Panthers or the 6-0 Broncos, but the division opponent who can knock us out of the North.

If we win it will because of an excellent game plan that showcases the talent/experience difference between Rodgers and Bridgewater.

If Minnesota wins, the storyline will be around the big plays Bridgewater/Diggs made and their ability to "control the football" with Peterson and their Defense.
:lol:
I hate Minnesota
That is basically all they've said since Wednesday. They're too busy being in the dumps to think about beating us right now.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

I wouldn't call the Vikings pass rush great. They are 17th in league in sacks. Everson Griffin leads the team with 5.5 sacks and Erik Kendricks, who just came back from being inactive for 2 games with a rib injury, has 4. Other then that, there really isn't a threat.
It's funny how they get so much pressure without a threat other than Kendricks or Griffin. :)
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Mothman wrote: It's funny how they get so much pressure without a threat other than Kendricks or Griffin. :)
I would love for this game to be a blowout victory...that would feel so good.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Jordy, are you on either of these forums?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
A little late but I just saw your question, no, I used to be on the first one though. (Packerforums.com)
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011