Week 11 Predictions: Vikings vs Packers

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Week 11 Predictions: Vikings vs Packers

Post by fiestavike »

Boon wrote: Good looking? I would drink her bathwater lol
What girlfriend?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

fiestavike wrote: What girlfriend?
google Olivia Munn.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

I find Rodgers GF quite overrated, idk what it is about dating a QB that makes people pretend you are stunningly gorgeous.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Jordysghost wrote:I find Rodgers GF quite overrated, idk what it is about dating a QB that makes people pretend you are stunningly gorgeous.

I liked her since her G4 days. Didn't know they were seeing each other until I saw her on a late night talk show recently. She's good looking, not gorgeous, but it's her spunky personality that makes her IMO.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

She is a stunning girl, but the thing that I like is she seems like a real wild kat.

Some of the things she says in interviews, "wow!" lets just say I think she would be
a lot of fun. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

jackal wrote:She is a stunning girl, but the thing that I like is she seems like a real wild kat.

Some of the things she says in interviews, "wow!" lets just say I think she would be
a lot of fun. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
I imagine she'd have to be. I cant see Aaron initiating a right lot in the bed room

"Green Eighteen, Green Eighteen, set....oh :confused: that was the hard count" :gone:
Skoltastic_Voyage
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Skoltastic_Voyage »

Jordysghost wrote:I find Rodgers GF quite overrated, idk what it is about dating a QB that makes people pretend you are stunningly gorgeous.
If you're telling me Munn isn't hot I think all of society has to explain to me what is. She was considered top 100 material LONG before AR knocked her up.
My guide to being a Vikings fan:
Step 1.) Drink beer.
Step 2.) See step 1.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

DK Sweets wrote:No throw is a reckless throw when Sandejo is in coverage :)
:point: Touche'
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

If you think that's his girlfriend I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote:If you think that's his girlfriend I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.
Kevin? Is that you?
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote: Kevin? Is that you?
Publicist matchmakers.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mike Zimmer's defenses make it tough on Packers, Aaron Rodgers
If you were the Minnesota Vikings in 2014 and you needed a coach, why not hire one who had figured out a way to slow down Aaron Rodgers?

That's exactly what they found in Mike Zimmer.

It was a small sample size but in two games against the Green Bay Packers quarterback as the Cincinnati Bengals defensive coordinator, Zimmer found a way to limit Rodgers' effectiveness. In losses to the Bengals in 2009 (Zimmer's second year as coordinator) and 2013 (his last season), Rodgers managed just two touchdowns and two interceptions combined and finished those games with passer ratings of 83.4 and 64.5, respectively. Rodgers' combined passer rating of 73.5 in his only two games against the Bengals is his second-lowest against any team in the league (behind only his 67.8 mark in two games against the Buffalo Bills
In four meetings, Rodgers has never had a 300-yard passing game against a Zimmer defense (see accompanying chart).
http://espn.go.com/blog/green-bay-packe ... on-rodgers
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Boon wrote: Good looking? I would drink her bathwater lol
Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

It isn't rankings so much as match ups, IMO. Statistical rankings in week 9 mean crap unless you factor in quality of opponent. Look at what just happened to the Bengals. They've played relatively weak defenses all year. Monday they finally ran into a decent defense who had 9 weeks of film on them and that defense clobbered Andy Dalton. Dalton can whine about the BB Gun comparison all he wants, what he should have done is played better. We'll see how they bounce back after getting some sobriety from JJ Watt. Given Dalton's whining I expect another playoff implosion.

As far as offenses go, I think we've faced different things in the better units we've faced: Oakland IMO isn't so much about David Carr (nothing against him) as it is about Cooper and Crabtree. Can your secondary play with those guys all day long? GB is a different beast. Now it is a question of can you play with Rogers all day long, and play coverage when he evades your pass rush and makes you play coverage for a LONG time. SD is somewhere in the middle. Rivers is better than Carr right now, but not Rogers, and the SD Pass Catchers are better than GB, but not as good as what is in Oakland. So kind of a mix of sorts. It is worth noting we also faced a strong rushing offense when we played the Rams.

Denver beat GB not by rushing Rogers quickly, but by their secondary being able to actually play coverage for 5+ seconds, effectively nullifying Roger's ability to extend plays. IMO, what got exposed in that game was the fact that you could cover the GB pass catchers for a long time and if you did so, it limited Rogers. I didn't see the Carolina game, but it sounded like it played out in the same way. Ditto with Detroit. The last one is why I'd be worried if I was Packer fan. DEN and CAR are great defenses. DET has a terrible defense. If the Lions could do it... that's not good.

I think a key question for the game on Sunday is how Mike McCarthy adjusts to the last three weeks. Can he find a way to counter this defensive game plan? He's been seeing it for 3 weeks, so they have to have some ideas at this point. So if they find a solution, can we adjust to that? I wonder though if part of the issue is some minor injury to Rogers that is not disclosed. He doesn't look like himself right now, but I'm not banking on that.

It should be a good game.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

Thursday morning and I feel like finally making my prediction.

Vikings: The Vikings are on their first 5 game winning streak since 2009, if they win this week and go to a 6 game win streak it will tie the longest streak they had in the 2009 season. The defense has been playing great. They have shut down high powered offenses and they have consistently taken away opposing teams top threats. The defense is currently #1 in scoring and would be even more impressive if they had played a game in week 1 instead of sending college scrubs to San Francisco. On the other side of the ball, the offense scares no one. This offense has struggled outside of Peterson all season. They have been able to do enough to not lose games, but have struggled to put up points. If the Packers decide they want to have a shoot out, can the Vikings offense put up enough points to win?

Packers: After starting off 6-0 the Packers have lost their last 3 games, including a huge upset to the Lions in Green Bay. Rodgers has struggled as of late and has shown that he misses having Nelson to bail him out. Since the Broncos showed the NFL how to shut down the Packers offense two other teams have been able to emulate it. McCarthy has been one of the best coaches in the NFL since he took over, after losing three games he should be able to revamp his game plan to try and adjust what he is doing to pull his team together. Will they make enough adjustments to avoid losing four straight games.

Divisional Game: This is the biggest game of the season for both teams. If the Vikings are able to pull out a win they will advance to 8-2 (4-0 in the division) and take a 2 game lead on the 6-4 Packers (1-2 division). If the Vikings win, this would put them ever closer to breaking the Packers streak of NFC North Champions status. However, the Vikings are yet to play a team with a winning record. This will be their biggest challenge to date. If the Packers win, they would improve to 7-3 (2-1) and the Vikings would drop to 7-3 (3-1). The division is still up for grabs. A Vikings win would put the Packers in a must win situation every week. A Packers win would keep the race going.

The Line: Currently the spread on this game has the Vikings as 1 point favorites. To this point, the Vikings are 8-1 against the spread on the season. The Packers on the other hand are 5-4 against the spread. Over the previous 11 games the Vikings are 4-7 against the spread against the Packers and 1-9-1 straight up.

Difference Makers: This game will come down to who can control the clock and keep the other team off the field. The Vikings defense should be able to contain the Packers enough keeping them out of the endzone and forcing them to settle for field goals. Peterson, the leagues top rusher, should be able to easily rack up yards. The question comes down to will the Vikings be able to finish off drives or will they be forced to settle for field goals. If the Vikings are able to punch the ball into the endzone 3 times they should win this game easily.

Prediction: I believe the Vikings offense will do just enough to win. If Rudy is given an easy chance at a touchdown, he won't mess it up this game. The two teams have a heated history. Teddy and the boys will put up enough points to win and the defense will make a huge stop at the end of the game to put this one away. 24-19 Vikings win.