Your 1st place Minnesota Vikings!

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

soflavike
Hall of Famer

Re: Your 1st place Minnesota Vikings!

Post by soflavike »

cstelter wrote:As I look at the standings, there is not a team we've beaten with a winning record.
Well, the Rams had a winning record when we beat them and knocked them down to .500

:govikes:
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

cstelter wrote: Where did the words 'can't beat a top rated Defense' come from? I read 'Don't like playing playing teams with a good D.' I haven't followed the Packers, but it seems you lost two in a row and beat one earlier against good defenses. That puts you 1-2 against good defenses which qualifies for 'don't like playing'. You've admitted you don't like playing on the road and you're 2-2 on the road. So if they don't like that at .500 how could they possibly like playing good D's at 1-2???

You are rejecting a premise that you alone have put forward in this thread. And from where I sit you have absolutely confirmed the OP's position.

But you seem respectful in your attempts to defend your position which I sincerely appreciate. But you'll forgive me if I sincerely state what I see.
Unfortunately, Aaron Rogers has proven too often that he can be successful against any defense. That's what concerns me.
porky
Backup

Post by porky »

We have the tiebreaker, we have played 3 in the division and have won.

The Packers have played 1 in the division and won.

Tie records goes to division wins if regular record is tied: Vikes 3....Pack 1.

We have tiebreaker.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

porky wrote:We have the tiebreaker, we have played 3 in the division and have won.

We have tiebreaker.
Negative. We have both won 100% of our division games. So it keeps going down the tie breaking procedures. Nonetheless, it doesn't matter. It's still early in the season. There is 8 more games to go and 2 against the pack. Lets see how the standings are two weeks from today.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

porky wrote:We have the tiebreaker, we have played 3 in the division and have won.

We have tiebreaker.
That's incorrect.
porky
Backup

Post by porky »

I am not wrong.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Your 1st place Minnesota Vikings!

Post by frosted »

porky wrote:I am not wrong.
Trust me, you're quite wrong. That's ok though.
Last edited by frosted on Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

porky wrote:I am not wrong.
It goes based off of win percentage. Not number of wins. Both teams have won 100% of their division games. Think of it this way:

Team A and Team B are tied for a wild card slot. They have played four of the same teams, but since Team A is in the same division as one of the teams that they played, they have 5 games against the common opponents whereas Team B only has 4 games. If both teams won all of the common games, they would be 5-0 and 4-0 respectively. Because of situations like that, the NFL always bases it off of win percentage not number of wins.

Therefore, the win percentage of both the Packers and the Vikings in division games is 100% or 1.00. So it would keep going down the tie breaking process. In this case, it goes to common games. Which the Packers hold the current tie breaker in. NFL.com ALWAYS has the teams listed in order with tie breaking procedures applied. If you go look, the Packers are in first in the NFC North.

Again, as I previously stated, at this point in the season it doesn't really matter though.
porky
Backup

Post by porky »

Google it *****

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... ngs%202015

Win % lol we are both 6-2

It goes regular record to division then the other stuff which we don't need to go to at this point.
Last edited by porky on Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

Google does not apply tie breaking procedures. When in doubt, ALWAYS go with the OFFICIAL league source. NFL OFFICIAL Division Standings. Unless you're going to tell me the NFL is wrong?
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

porky wrote:Google it *****

So we both have win percent of .750. And both of our division win percents are 1.00. Crazy!?

EDIT: Also, here is the OFFICIAL NFL playoff picture. This is exactly what the playoffs would look like it the season ended right now today. Again, are you going to tell me the NFL is wrong?
Last edited by akvikingsfan on Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
porky
Backup

Post by porky »

akvikingsfan wrote: Google does not apply tie breaking procedures. When in doubt, ALWAYS go with the OFFICIAL league source. NFL OFFICIAL Division Standings. Unless you're going to tell me the NFL is wrong?
yep...wrong
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

porky wrote:Google it *****

It goes regular record to division then the other stuff which we don't need to go to at this point.
Yikes - you're woefully wrong. You don't know - you just don't know. Here let me show you:

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

http://www.nfl.com/standings/

I'm sorry you are so ignorant about this..Google, believe it or not, does not have infinite unlimited knowledge. Not unlike yourself (when it comes to this), it's dead wrong..so WRONG.

I can explain percentage based records to you as well, if you'd like. I know this is a lot to absorb, so maybe just read it through a few times.

See I can be a dick too...
porky
Backup

Post by porky »

So now I'm a dick?
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

porky wrote:So now I'm a dick?
That depends on what you called me above in your 'google it #####' post...

That seemed like a pretty dickish thing to say/call someone who was trying to help you.....mainly I just know you're wrong though. But anyways, I was just admitting that my preceding explanation, like other posts recently composed in this thread, was also dickish. Because, why not?