Linval Joseph an anchor behind Vikings' improved run D

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Linval Joseph an anchor behind Vikings' improved run D

Post by dead_poet »

Some high praise here from Zimmer

Notebook: Linval Joseph an anchor behind Vikings' improved run D
"He does a lot of things that people don't realize," Zimmer said. "He makes a lot of tackles, but he also pushes the pocket good. He's done a good job on the centers this year. He's a very prideful guy. He's big and strong and when I see him do some of the things in practice, I'm like, 'Man, this guy is a stud.' He's strong and physical, and he cares. He's a good team guy. He's one of those kind of guys you love to have here."
http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Note ... un_D093015
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Foghorn Leghorn
Veteran

Re: Linval Joseph an anchor behind Vikings' improved run D

Post by Foghorn Leghorn »

He and Floyd will ragdoll the denver OL. Book it.
GO IRISH!
GO VIKES!
"When you're rich you don't write checks"- Randy Moss
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

It's amazing to see the difference in a players performance when he hasn't recently been shot in the leg!

In all seriousness, though, it's awesome to see the progression out of him and many of our other defenders.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

DK Sweets wrote:It's amazing to see the difference in a players performance when he hasn't recently been shot in the leg!

In all seriousness, though, it's awesome to see the progression out of him and many of our other defenders.
I'll tell you why we are seeing that improvement, and i said this in the offseason multiple times......these guys have a second year in Zimmer's system, understand their role, and have gained a comfort level. Look how bad Captain was last year and Joseph was up and down. Both have been VERY good this season and others have stepped up their play too like Robison. When a completely new defense in put in, you don't just master it in one season. These guys needed time and i think it's showed.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Purple bruise »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I'll tell you why we are seeing that improvement, and i said this in the offseason multiple times......these guys have a second year in Zimmer's system, understand their role, and have gained a comfort level. Look how bad Captain was last year and Joseph was up and down. Both have been VERY good this season and others have stepped up their play too like Robison. When a completely new defense in put in, you don't just master it in one season. These guys needed time and i think it's showed.

Totally agree :rock:
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

agreed it usually takes time for players to play on instincts and process reads and

assignments. The Vikings also have Barr, Hodges and Kendricks playing linebacker.

I doubt many times have our speed at linebacker.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!