Enemy Fan Forums: Denver Broncos

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Weekly disclaimer: I'll do my very best to add more as we get closer to gameday, but if anybody else decides to pop in and check their forums and would like to post what they see, that would be a great help. I do most of my posting on mobile and updating a thread like this on my phone isn't realistic.

Here are the enemy fan forums of the week:

Broncos Country Message Boards
http://forums.denverbroncos.com

Broncos Forums
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/forum.php

Orange Mane
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/index.php

What they're saying:
A nice little home game comin up this week. They have a very average offense and a pretty good defense.

Being the best in the league, our defense should stymie them. I don't see Bridgewater doing anything at all. Peterson is always a threat, but our run D is pretty good as well. Probably 60-70 yards.

On the other side we're also boasting a less than good offense. Would be nice to get the running game going. One of Minn's better players, Rhodes, suffered a concussion so his game status is up in the air.

I think we get our first shut out this game.

20-0 Denver
Their run D looked literally atrocious vs SF on MNF

But they've obviously been a different team the last two weeks...

We probably smack them pretty good tho
24 - 10
Another close defensive game. 21-10, Broncos.
I don't understand why people think games so early in this juncture could be considered trap games. We haven't had a resounding win yet on offense, we're trying to get our run game going and we have a lot to work on.

A trap game is one where you think you're so good because you're blowing out teams or have been steam rolling over teams so you don't have to take other teams seriously. That is not us.

With that said, 27-17 Broncos
We continue to gel on offense and dominate on defense. Our run game improves to the point where we will have at least 100 yards on the ground. Manning goes 350+ 3 TDs because our O-line is giving him more time. Our defense has at least 3 takeaways. AP breaks a few nice runs and will be the only TD scorer from the Vikings this game, we will have a hard time containing him. We put up 30+ for the win.
We won't beat them badly... I don't think we beat a single opponent badly this year, but we will win it.
Broncos 23- 13.

Although with nice mellow weather expected and a mediocre opponent this could also the chance that this could be one of those Manning feasting on a bad team kind of game. Throws for over 300 yards and 4 TDs for a great win and all limitations are forgotten for a while.
Just stop the run, that's the key to that team. Bridgewater can't complete a pass longer than five yards to save his life, he's Alex Smite-lite.

That defense is swarming though. Zimmer is a hell of a coach. It's going to be hard to put points on the board against them. Whichever team makes the most big plays on defense will probably win it.
After watching MIN defense the past two weeks, I'm concerned about our o-line vs their pass rush. They seem to have a stout defense and it's not likely we will be able to run much on them. Unless our o-line gels considerably by Sunday.

I don't think they score more than 17 on us though. Expect the win but want to keep Manning safe!
(In response to a colts fan predicting the Broncos wont score 40 points)

Maybe our offense isn't but our defense can score.
Offense 31 + Defense 9 pts (safety + pick 6)

I could only find one thread out there, but I'll look for more lately. As somebody else mentioned in somewhere else, the thread title on Broncos Country is "How badly do we beat the Vikings?", so it would feel pretty good to throat stomp this team.
Last edited by DK Sweets on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
COViking
Backup

Re: Enemy Fan Forums: Denver Broncos

Post by COViking »

I live in Denver and am going to be going to this game. I think that the Broncos fans have been a little unrealistic this year. You talk to them and you would think they have a Manning from 5 years ago running this team. Their O line is beat up and they have a statue standing behind them. Their running game has been very pedestrian which to me is crazy because I don't think you see many in the box as they are pretty much selling out to stop Manning.

I think that this is the game that we see more of Teddy B. They will sell out to stop the run which means it is time for Ted to get things going in the Air. That is the one thing that I haven't seen our team do this year and if I see that I am going to be much more excited about this season as a whole.

The fans here are already talking about going 6-0 and that irks me, you want to talk about some fair weather fans you don't have to go much farther than the Broncos. I hope that this is the game that exposes the Broncos for what I think they are, a team with a Great D but an offense that is dependent on a man too old to go the distance.

24-13 Vikes.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

COViking wrote:I live in Denver and am going to be going to this game.
I'm driving over from Utah on Saturday, plan on going to the stadium early Sunday morning to hang out before the game starts. See you there :smilevike:
COViking wrote:
The fans here are already talking about going 6-0 and that irks me, you want to talk about some fair weather fans you don't have to go much farther than the Broncos. I hope that this is the game that exposes the Broncos for what I think they are, a team with a Great D but an offense that is dependent on a man too old to go the distance.
I'd wager they watched the 49ers game and that's all that most of them have seen. That game was terrible, but I'm hoping that was just an aberration. The Vikings do need to prove they can win on the road and the Denver defense is great, but I don't feel like we have no chance at all as many of the Broncos fans seem to think.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Manning is not what he was he has some horrible games.. I don't think he can beat us with the long ball anymore..

Their defense is pretty good and I do believe we will have to control the run game to win...

I think this will be a real fight and close game.. I am hoping we get Manning beat up early and get some
picks or forced fumbles out of it. If this happens we should force our will on them. If we can win this game
I am about 95 percent sure we make the playoffs, as a wild card at least. 3-1 is a real good start...

especially with three playoff teams from last year to begin with..
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

jackal wrote:Manning is not what he was he has some horrible games.. I don't think he can beat us with the long ball anymore..

Their defense is pretty good and I do believe we will have to control the run game to win...

I think this will be a real fight and close game.. I am hoping we get Manning beat up early and get some
picks or forced fumbles out of it. If this happens we should force our will on them. If we can win this game
I am about 95 percent sure we make the playoffs, as a wild card at least. 3-1 is a real good start...

especially with three playoff teams from last year to begin with..

I know we didn't beat a team with a winning record last year. Was that by the end or through out the year (like never faced a team that had more wins than losses) if so then if we win this would be the first winning team we beat in over 20 games.
Last edited by IrishViking on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Seamus, do me a favor...keep that kind of #### to yourself!
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Looks like some fans are taking the Vikings a little more seriously. Even the "How bad do we beat the Vikings" thread is changing its tone.
I feel like the thread title is wishful thinking. I believe the Broncos win but the Vikings are a pretty solid team. They have a nasty front 7, so I hope we continue to do the Pistol formation to enable Manning to get the ball out quickly.

I don't see their offense doing much. Outside of AP, I don't see any dynamic weapons. I see a close game, something like 17-10 Broncos. Not a blowout by any means.
I wouldn't assume we are gonna win. The Vikings are good this year. I expect it to be a hard fought win like the other 3, but a loss isn't totally out of the question.

These aren't the Vikings of the recent past. They're turning the corner and becoming a good team. Gotta watch out.

Then again
Idk man, I see everyone talking about how "nasty" their front 7 is...I never seen a front 7 get straight BULLIED and smacked around (well since ours in the late 2000's) like the Vikings did against the 9ers opening night

Literally straight disgusting, and if it didn't cost me so much, it would've been funny cuz it was straight atrocious how bad they were getting destroyed by 9ers OL...

They can't be that good

Lions suck, and Chargers...well idk on that one...but they were also at home both games.

I think they suck up front...decent secondary....we should beat them by at least 6-7 if not...not good for us...especially at home.

Another thread in the same mb was started with the title "Vikings Hurt QBs... ummm Manning?"
The vikings have killed the past two QBs they've played. Stafford ribs were bruised and he was pretty bloody. They weren't even sure he was going to be able to play last night. Rivers got absolutely destroyed yesterday. I watched the game, the TV broadcasters were begging to take him out of the game at the start of the 4th Q so he wouldn't get killed.
Keys to this game and lets all be honest.
1. Our run D sucks. Pass D is great but that isn't a worry cause the vikes pass O is crap.
2. Manning is going to get killed. I'm not worried about sacks, I'm worried about the hits he is going to take after the pass. Manning is a statue out there and the vikes have killed Rivers and Staff and they are at least somewhat mobile.
3. AD.. (see point 1.) We need to load the box and make Teddy beat us in the air.
4. AD... I think he had 120 or so yards and 2 TD but they pulled him in the 4th. Our Run D needs to step up cause even with teams loading the box with 8-9 it doesn't seem to matter.
5. Air that thing out like last night. We saw some great passes last night and we need that again.
6. Crowd!!!

I watched the Vikes past 3 games ( NFL Rewind) and the SF game must of been a fluke. The past 2 games are a better judge of who this team is and they are CHEAP. We'll win this game I'm just worried that we won't come away injury free.
Stay tuned....
I was at the Vikings game yesterday and Rivers got beat up pretty bad. There was one play where a free rusher lite him up as soon as he released the ball and I was shocked he got up. They had to call a timeout to give him a moment and he was clearly hurt.

But I don't expect manning to stand in there and take thd hits like Rivers did. He will most likely lay down before they get to him.

Another forum: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119765

Facts about the Vikings
Vikings are mammals
Vikings fight ALL the time
The purpose of a Viking is to flip out and kill people.

Also:
Vikings are ranked 30th in total offense and 18th in total defense.
In points they are tied with us at 3rd best for points allowed and ranked 18th on offense for points per game.
They have the third best rushing offense in the NFL and are tied for most rushing touchdowns.
They have the lowest passing yards per game of any team in the NFL by a wide margin and the only team to have not thrown for more than one TD thus far.
Their run defense is bottom ten in yards per rush allowed and 24th in total rushing yards allowed.
They're middle of the road in passing yards allowed and takeaways

It is obviously very difficult to use three games as any kind of meaningful barometer. I mean they played the Niners in one game, and their passing offense looks like a dumpster fire right now.

That said, my take away is the rushing offense is potent and it's actually protecting a lot of their other issues. They play ball control and that makes the defensive stats look good. They basically wear you out. We'll need to be ready to focus on shutting down Peterson.

Can we stop this man?
Definitely going to be a tough out vs the Vikings as their Defense is top notch and our offense is not.

Probably coming down to a few plays again in the 4th quarter.
The truth is that the Vikings are the very definition of "one deminsional". Load up and take away AP, and make Bridewater beat you with his arm. I like our secondary against this QB. Also, their one loss was their only road game where they lost to a butt ugly 49er team. I don't think they travel well.

Broncos by 14+.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Here's a link to all the talking heads who make picks during the week. It is usually updated daily.

http://nflpickwatch.com/
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Foghorn Leghorn
Veteran

Post by Foghorn Leghorn »

As usual, they have some level headed posters, and some extreme homers. Anyone find anything really ridiculous?
GO IRISH!
GO VIKES!
"When you're rich you don't write checks"- Randy Moss
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Man, their fans sure are confident.... I wonder if they know the 3 teams they beat have a combined record or 1-8. And the only team they beat handidly were the lions. Imo we handled the lions better than them.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Thursday Update:
I went on their forum and they started a thread on this thread. Sooo, quote me quote me vikings fans!!!

Anyways, there are some people on there saying how we have fairweather fans, Im not sure where people come up with that garbage. And they seem decently confident against us. I predict 92-0 Broncos.
Your wish has been granted, VenomousDB
The Vikings are a decent team, but not top tier. I know our O line is still getting itself together, but they are doing better every week. AP is going to get his yards, our D just needs to keep him in check and not let him run wild. Bridgewater and his receivers are not going to beat us, we would have to beat ourselves. I don't think they can score more than 17 points on our defense and that is being generous. 31 - 12
We're at home, Vikings have a poor run defense, they're defense overall is overrated honestly. We will win.
It's going to be a defensive struggle with the score depending on turnovers. I doubt we can run the ball against them much at all. The deep passing game will also be tough due to pressure on Manning. I see it as a low scoring game that can go either way depending on turnovers.

12-6 Denver
Lol calling Bronco fans fair weather fans yeah right... Vikings know nothing about Denver fanbase they should keep their mouth shut.
Minnesota is a good team, they're an emerging threat in the NFL, with a good defense, a decent young QB, who can make plays. And of course Adrian Peterson. If Denver can get the ground game going, I think they can win by a couple of scores. If the ground game remains how it's been, this one will come down to the wire, not sure who wins.
What makes me laugh about the thread over on the vikings board is they are commenting on how we are acting like we have Manning of 5 years ago. They must not have seen the 30 some threads bashing Manning's performance over the last few weeks....
IMO it all comes down to Manning making some 12-16 play drives and taking the steam out of their DL and linebackers at Mile High hope it is a warm day let them sweat a bit.

By the 4th quarter it is Anderson/Thompson time with a dash of Hillman thrown in when they are sucking for air and worn down.

That is how to win at home. along with "fair weather fans" making NOISE when they are on Offense..
We have the best message board, bar none.
If Manning is now regarded as a game manager by most than we have the best game manager in the league. A manager that can still dissect defenses and take care of the ball. I'm cool with Manning not being the Manning of years past but so far he has done well enough to not cost us a game. Having a great D helps yes I get that.

What people should understand is that even if it's not all manning that's not winning the games for us think back to how many horrible defenses or teams he's carried throughout his career. It's nice to see him with a team that's not solely dependant on him. That's what most people either refuses to see or don't see it.

So if we can run the ball anytime soon this team will be on another level. It's not there yet but the potential can be if the team works at it.

As for the game no disrespect to the Viking fans but only game I have us losing at home is GB or NE. I do believe we beat one of them we won't beat both. I see a 27-16 win. Their team is good but we got the experience better defense and better qb. Bridgewater will be great one day but I'd take Manning over him in a home game to protect the home field advantage.

Quick thought if AP gets 20+ carries I wonder if the altitude will wear him out. He ain't use to playing in Denver so maybe it helps us. Look forward to Sunday.
This is a longer post than I normally share, but the altitude issue is something we REALLY should be talking more about. If AD was sucking wind vs Detroit, we might see a heavy dose of Asiata/McKinnon at Denver.
We are only favored by 7 points in this game. Denver has beat the spread in every game so far this year.
Just like most games, this game is do or die by our offensive line. Our pass rush is more than enough to rattle Teddy, our corners will own their receivers. And nobody can convince me they have the secondary to shut down DT, Sanders, and the great Owen Daniels.

So that leaves our beef up front. I think this game will be pivotal in our season's learning curve. And if we can't beat them at the line of scrimmage, we wont win the game.
Just went to their forums. Hey Vikings fans, we know the teams we beat are a combined 1-8. Also our O should be better by the time we meet.

You guys call us fairweather? A resident Charger fan by the name of Baphamet hasn't shown up since your team beat his. So don't be calling us fairweather.

Oh, and we'll beat the Pack for you.

Back to topic, 27-17 Broncos
20-10 Broncos
AP wil get his, probably to the tune of 80- 125 yards and most likely 2 tds, but their passing game is weak and if they only muster a couple of AP TDs then we win 28 - 20 or around there. most likely though we put 8 in the box and make teddy b throw agains our outstanding play making pass d. it wont be pretty.
Hold it I call objection!!!! Yes the combined record is 1-8 however we played the ravens when they were at full strength Suggs got hurt in 3rd qtr. We weren't picked by many to beat the Chiefs either. They were 1-0 and so were we....and the lions...well they were at home...in a must win I might add. So we had some tough games vikes, regardless of what you all think. Just bring your horns down to the bronco stadium and we'll settle it Sunday.
I say 24-13 I believe the offense will sputter again but a couple turnovers from our D set up the offense in short fields...tyson will get another tough test vs everson griffin to...im ready to see AP vs our front 7 to that'll go along way in outcome
I didn't know straight crack was legal in Minnesota
The funny thing is if Manning gets sacked and is out, that very well might improve our chances to win. Granted I don't wish for that to happen, but...It could be an improvement potentially.
Did they make that argument? Combined record of their opponents so far is 2 - 7. Record of teams they beat is 1 - 5. Pot meet kettle...
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Hey, they come here, too? That's fun. Did we really say something about them being "fairweather fans?" Strange. Those Denver fans that knock the run defense must've only watched the 49ers game because the last two the Vikings have been absolutely dominant in that department. Of course, Denver has been very good all year. This is a game that if Manning & Company can get out to an early lead we're simply not going to win. If we can keep it close or start out with a couple impressive drives it will bode well. Gotta hit/pressure Manning early and often and set the tone. If not, he will burn us with the short/intermediate passes. Our linebackers (even Kendricks & Barr) haven't been very good at pass defense. Whoever wins in the trenches and proves to be the more physical should emerge victorious.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

How cute that the one guy says they will beat the Pack for you guys. :D

Honestly though, I do have to say, Broncos fans are anything but fairweather, those cats have lost six, count em, six SBs, thats alot of horse tears. I think Broncos fan support their team admirably and would also like to add the Broncos are one of the most understated fanbases in tbe league, there are alot of those mofos.

I've picked you guys to win every game this year (Though I was talked out of my initial week 1 prediction in favor of the Niners.) but I think this time you guys take the loss in a hard fought game. Peterson gets his but the Broncos outlast you guys 27-24.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Jordysghost wrote:How cute that the one guy says they will beat the Pack for you guys. :D

Honestly though, I do have to say, Broncos fans are anything but fairweather, those cats have lost six, count em, six SBs, thats alot of horse tears.

They've been to 6 Super Bowls. They've lost 4. They won 2.
frosted
Career Elite Player

Post by frosted »

Mothman wrote:

They've been to 6 Super Bowls. They've lost 4. They won 2.
Been to 7* - lost 5, won 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk