Week 4 Predictions: Vikings at Broncos

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Week 4 Predictions: Vikings at Broncos

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I just don't understand how many of you can be as confident as you are... Maybe i am getting older and have been disappointed too many times. But the Vikings WILL NOT WIN THIS GAME.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I just don't understand how many of you can be as confident as you are... Maybe i am getting older and have been disappointed too many times. But the Vikings WILL NOT WIN THIS GAME.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Denver is, by far, the best team the Vikings have faced this year. Zimmer commented the Broncos have a suffocating defense. When I heard this I instantly had flashbacks of Ponder running for his life. I can almost see a beating worse than the Monday night loss to SF. But I've been off with my predictions so far this year. I thought they'd beat the 49ers easily and lose to the Lions and Chargers. I wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings route Denver.

Gut feeling, Broncos win rather easily 28-17.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Part of me feels bad for him as a human, but a more primitive part of me just wants to see our defense impose its will in a clean (but oh-so-violent) manhandling of a feeble player.
I would never feel sorry for a person; that choose to put himself in a that situation. I honestly feel Peyton should have retired;
after all the neck surgeries, with Indy.. I am sure doctors told him too. He had what three constructive neck or spine issues.
That's insane... I don't want the Vikings to do real damage to him, but I want them to hit him as legally and with as much
force as the possibly can. Lets be honest, football is a violent sport. To see him leave the field because of our defense would
be part of the game. Bret took that hit in 2010 against the bears and that was it. Eventually most players, will have some level
of this experience.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

I would like to propose that all further comments in this thread be written in the format of the "nationwide is on your side" ads.

therefore.

"Broncos win sixteen to nine"
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

Broncos win 24-13.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

fiestavike wrote:I would like to propose that all further comments in this thread be written in the format of the "nationwide is on your side" ads.

therefore.

:lol:

"Barr snaps Manning's back in half"
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

Keep Manning uncomfortable. I think this is the most exposed he's ever been. He's ripe for big hits. But, he's already been getting the ball out of his hands within 2 seconds of the snap this year.
It will be a huge day for our linebackers and Harrison Smith. This game will be about taking good angles and stopping yards after the catch.
I can also see a handful of those patented Manning 25-30 yard sideline passes when he puts a lot of air under the ball and gets pass interference calls.

The key will be solid tackling after the catch, and not a lot of flags on defense.

Peterson is gonna have a big day, 140 yards, 1 TD. So will Harrison Smith. He will pick off one of those Payton wobblers.

Vikings 19, Broncos 16
Last edited by yezzir on Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
yezzir
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by yezzir »

fiestavike wrote:I would like to propose that all further comments in this thread be written in the format of the "nationwide is on your side" ads.

therefore.

Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

With Johnson out and wright likely out too I am excited to see what CP84 and diggs can do. Also with Trattou out I would like to see Danielle hunter play. Kid is a athletic freak.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Fact I found on here
There have been 5 stretches of a team winning 2 in a row between the Broncos and the Vikings. No team has ever won 3 in a row, going 0-for-4. The Broncos, with a win, can snap that.

Including this meeting, the last 6 meetings between the Broncos and the Vikings have included a different starting QB for both teams.

1996: John Elway (DEN) vs. Brad Johnson (MIN)

1999: Brian Griese (DEN) vs. Jeff George (MIN)

2003: Steve Beuerlein (DEN) vs. Daunte Culpepper (MIN)

2007: Jay Cutler (DEN) vs. Tavaris Jackson (MIN)

2011: Tim Tebow (DEN) vs. Christian Ponder (MIN)

2015: Peyton Manning (DEN) vs. Teddy Bridgewater (MIN)

Since 1984, the Minnesota Vikings have started a different QB against the Broncos, never starting the same QB in back-to-back games. In chronological order: Teddy Bridgewater, Christian Ponder, Tavaris Jackson, Daunte Culpepper, Jeff George, Brad Wilson, Sean Salisbury, Wade Wilson, Rich Gannon, Wade Wilson, Tommy Kramer
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Norv Zimmer wrote:With Johnson out and wright likely out too I am excited to see what CP84 and diggs can do. Also with Trattou out I would like to see Danielle hunter play. Kid is a athletic freak.
Excited to see Diggs too. He may be just what the Vikings need for this game, a shifty wr who can get open in a hurry. Hoping he gets a chance returning as well.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

'can-we-win-a-road-game-please?'
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote:'can-we-win-a-road-game-please?'

"Vikings-win-in-over-time."

27-24
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

84BreaksAnkles wrote:With Xavier: 17-24 Vikings

Since Xavier's good to go. We'll stick with the original prediction..
I am a bit nervous about Blanton/Exum 's 1st action as a starter this year. Especially if it's Blanton after the demotion..

We HAVE to get in the backfield a few times for this to happen. At least 3 sacks on Peyton or forget it.
Please just watch(04:39-05:18):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXCuSyj18M&t=4m39s
This is a dog.
Compare that to this guy (00:46-01:01):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3ioQywcAc&t=0m45s
"It's ok to hit the bag"
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

An old-fashioned slobberknocker...

Vikings 13