Thoughts Week 3

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Thoughts Week 3

Post by Raptorman »

Just wanted to interject this into the conversation. I know it means nothing at this point. But it's fun to look at.

If the playoffs started to today.

NFC seeding

1 Panthers
2 Packers.
3 Cardinals
4 Cowboys
5 Falcons
6 Vikings

AFC

1 Patriots
2 Bengals
3 Broncos
4 Colts
5 Bills
6 Jets.

Colts only made it because they win the tiebreaker of the other 1-2 teams in their division.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
losperros
Commissioner

Re: Thoughts Week 3

Post by losperros »

VikingLord wrote:I'm concerned about Bridgewater right now. He seems tentative and appears to lack the sort of cool confidence that he displayed towards the end of last season. While it is great to see the Vikings crush an opponent on the scoreboard, Bridgewater's errant throws and/or failure to attempt a throw are starting to remind me of "He Who Shall Not Be Named".

The funny part is, all other things being equal I'd probably blame the offensive line for the lack of production and erratic play at QB, but to be honest that unit hasn't played all that bad, at least not compared to what we saw from the Lions and Chargers' lines the last two weeks where both Stafford and Rivers looked like they were in a WWE match for stretches of the game. Bridgewater has had time and still delivered some ducks or, failed to deliver at all.

It could be the looks defensive coordinators are throwing at him, at least in the case of the failure to see an open guy, but the poor throws are harder to explain. To me it looks like Teddy has lost some of his mojo. Vikes definitely are going to need a lot more from Bridgewater.

On the plus side, AD looked a lot more like the AD of yore, and the defense looked like a cohesive group that really likes playing together. They have made huge strides forward since the debacle against the 49ers.
I'm concerned about Bridgewater too. It appears as if he's presently uncomfortable. What is it that's making him feel that way? The scheme? Maybe the WRs aren't getting open as often as they should? I don't know.

One thing I don't agree on, Edward, is the offensive line. They appear to be inconsistent with their pass blocking. At least that's how I see it from watching the games on TV. I wish I could actually attend a game and take a closer look at the entire field during the plays.