Revisiting the 2013 draft

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Revisiting the 2013 draft

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PacificNorseWest wrote: I would now, but Rhodes was a late bloomer compared to Tru. Trufant stepped right in and was making plays, from what I remember. He's more of the ballhawk type...Rhodes is your old-fashioned shutdown corner.

Rhodes is fun to watch.

/ramble
Even then though. Trufant was 3 picks higher then Rhodes and started immediately but Rhodes didnt. So the naked eye would say Trufant was better because he made an impact earlier. All in all, Truant isn't the better CB. So to say Waynes is bad or Waynes is a bust just doesnt make sense. You can't judge a guy based off preseason. If we did that with Rhodes, we would think the guy is awful but thats not the case. You have to give some CBs time and that's exactly what Waynes needs.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Who said anything about Waynes though? :lol:
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Who said anything about Waynes though? :lol:
I'm using the Rhodes example in defense of Waynes since that has been a hot topic
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri