Rookie Diary: Hands-off by Trae Waynes

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Rookie Diary: Hands-off by Trae Waynes

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Peters is playing, making a name for himself. Waynes is benched yet. Simple as that.
Benched? He was never starting so he wasn't benched. He simply hasn't been given a starting role yet. And WHO CARES that Peters is playing. That means nothing. Late first rounders, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc have started or gotten more playing time before first round rookies plenty of times. It's just not even a logical way to look at things.

CB Robert Alford from Atlanta was a 2nd round pick in 2013 and played right away for Atlanta and actually played pretty well. He actually picked off Drew Brees in the first game of the season. Rhodes hardly played his first few games of his NFL career. Does that mean Alford is better than Rhodes?? Not even close. I could do this for almost every draft class. It literally means nothing. So once again, your post has no logic or backing behind it at this point in the season
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Mercy Percy
Franchise Player

Post by Mercy Percy »

The post was never meant at one person in general, I just dont get how people are so quick to judge a player that hasn't even played a game in the NFL yet. I was just saying dont be so quick to make decisions. I guess the term FAN does come from FANATICAL. :rock:
The term fan comes from FANatic or fanatical.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Mercy Percy wrote:The post was never meant at one person in general, I just dont get how people are so quick to judge a player that hasn't even played a game in the NFL yet. I was just saying dont be so quick to make decisions. I guess the term FAN does come from FANATICAL. :rock:
Indeed it does.

I understand that you weren't directing your earlier comment at just one individual but as you can see from what occurred afterward, it's just best to avoid that potentially incendiary language altogether. Better to phrase things as you just did above. :)

By the way, I agree that it's a mistake to judge a player who's barely seen the field too quickly. In the case of Peters and Waynes, the former may be off to a much more impressive start but that doesn't mean he'll be the better NFL player in the long run.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I wasn't opposed to Waynes.. I just had other players I thought were better and more immediate help
to the Vikings ...Shelton would have been my choice and I would have traded one of the older DT's
or dumped them..

With Floyd and Shelton are run defense inside would have been crazy...

I also really liked the that top safety that went early second, I believe

In fact I would switched to a 3-4 defense on some downs with Shelton...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Loved the way Waynes played today :rock:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Waynes played much better he is finding how to stay close and not draw fouls..

Compared to where he was in the first preseason game... very much improved
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

Honestly I hope this doesn't come true (come on Xavier!! Get better soon- <3 u), but we may get a chance to directly compare Trae and Marcus.. Marcus had some ups and downs against Peyton a couple weeks ago, and we may very well get a chance to see how Trae does against the same offense.

Marcus did make some extremely nice plays in that game though.

If we do get the chance then it will actually be fair to compare them. (I'm really hoping we don't)
Please just watch(04:39-05:18):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXCuSyj18M&t=4m39s
This is a dog.
Compare that to this guy (00:46-01:01):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3ioQywcAc&t=0m45s
"It's ok to hit the bag"