Fan Beating last night... ugly

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Fan Beating last night... ugly

Post by Texas Vike »

Man, just when you thought you couldn't feel any worse about last night's game, there's this idiocy:

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/15/49ers- ... rawl-video

(Not language censored)
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Fan Beating last night... ugly

Post by Texas Vike »

It's also very violent, don't watch with your kids around.

This kind of crap just makes me shake my head at "humanity" and just how bestial we can be.

There have been numerous posts on this board about whether or not to wear your gear at away games, etc. . I have to say that I absolutely love to see fans in the crowd when they show away games, especially Prime time, like the two guys that dress in elegant purple suits. They've become part of the team's folklore. But you run the risk of this kind of behavior and it's a real shame.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

We can't tell from the video how that started. I doubt it was just some random 49er fans picking out a Vikings fan and going after him, but then again, I can't say that isn't how it happened, either. At least the security guys were trying to get in there and help him.

Love near the end when the girl comes in and delivers that last kick to the gut when the dude is down. It would be justice if she were named and shamed.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

And one last thing - *never* have seen anything like this happen to away fans in Minnesota. I've seen some heckling and thrown popcorn, but never have I once seen any Vikings fan(s) physically threaten, much less go after, a fan from a visiting team like that.

While it probably is true that there is the potential for fans of any team to act like this, it seems to be more likely with the fans of some teams than other teams.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

That's pretty bad and not to excuse the behavior of the 49er fans, but it sounds like that Vikings fan was being a jerk and challenging people to fight and ended up getting one. From the deadspin story: http://deadspin.com/video-shows-49ers-f ... socialflow
I’m seeing a lot of comments talking bad about the 49er fans without actually knowing what happened, so....

Here’s the full story:

The Viking fan in the video and a 49er fan NOT in the video were talking smack to each other, getting into each others faces. A lot of fans from both sides were telling both people to stop and just walk to their cars. The 49er fan then walked away from the situation and that’s when the Viking fan may have got a little cocky. The Viking fan turned around and addressed everyone behind him (mostly 49er fans). He said “ what’s up, any of you #### want some?!” At that point everyone went silent for 2 seconds then as the Viking fan was turning around to walk away, the 49er fan in the black (at the beginning of the video who threw the first punch) tackled him to the ground. That’s where the video starts.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Sounds like he deserves it, if the story is true. I definitely hope that stupid little girl's name is released, though.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

VikingLord wrote:We can't tell from the video how that started. I doubt it was just some random 49er fans picking out a Vikings fan and going after him, but then again, I can't say that isn't how it happened, either. At least the security guys were trying to get in there and help him.

Love near the end when the girl comes in and delivers that last kick to the gut when the dude is down. It would be justice if she were named and shamed.

It takes two to tango, usually. When I referred to "idiocy" I wasn't referring solely to the 49er fans. I'm sure if you dress in Vikes gear and act prudently, all's good.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Classic 49er fans. Known as one of the worst fan bases when it comes to violence within the stadium. Bunch of thug fans that take right after their thug QB.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Texas Vike wrote:
It takes two to tango, usually. When I referred to "idiocy" I wasn't referring solely to the 49er fans. I'm sure if you dress in Vikes gear and act prudently, all's good.
Agreed. Both sides are wrong here. And there is no excuse for the Niner fans to pile on the Vikings fan.
cody_2664
Transition Player

Post by cody_2664 »

I was there and also almost got beat up. Terrible fans. Luckily I'm the bigger person and can walk away. Definitely will not go to levi stadium again!

Sent from my Studio 5.0 HD LTE using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.
Is this OUR year?
cody_2664
Transition Player

Post by cody_2664 »

Besides the fans very nice stadium!ImageImage

Sent from my Studio 5.0 HD LTE using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.
Is this OUR year?
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I was there and also almost got beat up. Terrible fans. Luckily I'm the bigger person and can walk away. Definitely will not go to levi stadium again!
I used to go to 49ers preseason and a few regular season games. In 2007 I noticed a big change ..every year more and more fights..

In 2010(I think) I saw a large part of a section at candlestick (49ers Vs Chargers) fight. It took almost ten cops to break it up.

My friend got harassed in the restroom and almost had to fight. That was my last Niner game. I was hoping with the price raise
due to the new stadium regular season might keep some of the scum, out. Not the case, it appears.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!