Thoughts

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Thoughts

Post by Mothman »

DK Sweets wrote:2011 19th
2012 14th
2013 14th

2014 20th
2015* 32nd

*The only team in the league that didn't score a TD in week 1.

There are a lot of factors involved in this, but the numbers say that the question isn't as far fetched as you think. For the record, I wouldn't choose to go back to Musgrave. I don't find either option attractive at this point.
Good post.

I think what most of us just want production, a good offense. I don't care who's running it.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

DK Sweets wrote: *The only team in the league that didn't score a TD in week 1.
That deserves an asterisk for sure. They were probably also the only team that didn't get a blatant PI call in the endzone on what otherwise either should have been a TD outright or a 1st-and-goal at the one yard line.

The fact does remain they didn't score a TD, but it wasn't as futile an outing as the stat alone implies.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Thoughts

Post by DK Sweets »

VikingLord wrote: That deserves an asterisk for sure. They were probably also the only team that didn't get a blatant PI call in the endzone on what otherwise either should have been a TD outright or a 1st-and-goal at the one yard line.

The fact does remain they didn't score a TD, but it wasn't as futile an outing as the stat alone implies.
I felt dirty including one week from this season, but it's all we have to go by right now.

Besides, that one week was enough evidence for half the board to decide that Teddy, Adrian, the entire O-line and most of our front 7 need to be replaced, so I couldn't have been too far off-base, right?

:gone:
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

DK Sweets wrote:2011 19th
2012 14th
2013 14th

2014 20th
2015* 32nd

*The only team in the league that didn't score a TD in week 1.

There are a lot of factors involved in this, but the numbers say that the question isn't as far fetched as you think. For the record, I wouldn't choose to go back to Musgrave. I don't find either option attractive at this point.
Let's see what we look like at the end of the year, Norv's system is a bit more complicated and this is only the 17th game with it and we've gotten new pieces like Wallace and returning guys like Peterson and kyle rudolph who missed time. Our QB's young and still learning and on top of that we've had 2 big injuries to our starters on the O-line which throws a wrench in how consistent you can be and what you're capable of calling plays.

For me I couldn't care less how we look in week 1, although I admit getting wrekt like that was ugly. There's a reason they call it "mid season form" and sometimes a player or a team can get there early but plateu where a team like ours may start poorly due to the youth and inexperience but finish above "mid season form" in the end.