Roster Cuts

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Roster Cuts

Post by fiestavike »

Bostick and Banyard cut...

update*
Cornerback DeMarcus Van Dyke, receivers Jordan Leslie and DaVaris Daniels were also released, along with cornerback Justin Coleman, cornerback Jalil Carter, tackle Stephen Goodin, defensive tackle Chrishon Rose, defensive end Caesar Rayford and linebacker Josh Kaddu.

The Vikings have three roster moves left to make before Tuesday's 3 p.m. CT deadline to trim rosters to 75 players. With Cullen Loeffler's release last week and offensive tackle Carter Bykowski (pec) possibly going to injured reserve, the Vikings may only have to cut two healthy players. Rosters must be down to 53 by Saturday.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Joe_ ... cuts083015
Last edited by fiestavike on Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: Roster Cuts

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I was a little surprised Banyard was cut as early as this but outside of that, no surprises here. I would have liked to keep Davaris Daniels on the practice squad as well
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

I'm surprised by the Banyard cut. I understand we can only keep so many running backs, but he was one that I really liked.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

akvikingsfan wrote:I'm surprised by the Banyard cut. I understand we can only keep so many running backs, but he was one that I really liked.
He hadn't shown much. I think Williams outplayed him by a wide margin.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

If you look at the roster, I doubt there will be many surprises. It's just a matter of what order they are released.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:I was a little surprised Banyard was cut as early as this but outside of that, no surprises here. I would have liked to keep Davaris Daniels on the practice squad as well
He can still get to the PS right?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

I don't think Banyard will make it to the PS. He is a good running back and I bet he will be picked up fast, I like to think the vikings are doing him a solid releasing him early.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I wasn't surprised by any of them so far. I still think we could have up to four to six guys

end up on other teams that we cut.. Banyard was just behind Peterson, McKInnon and Asiata
who can do several roles on the team. Goal line and short yardage back, run and pass blocker,
special teams.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Norv Zimmer wrote:I don't think Banyard will make it to the PS. He is a good running back and I bet he will be picked up fast, I like to think the vikings are doing him a solid releasing him early.
Banyard cannot be on the PS. Played to many games. Daniels cant. But they can't sign anyone until after the cutdown to 53. September 6th is the day they can sign PS players.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Banyard hopefully will land somewhere. He is not that bad of a back. I've seen worse.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Norv Zimmer wrote:I don't think Banyard will make it to the PS. He is a good running back and I bet he will be picked up fast, I like to think the vikings are doing him a solid releasing him early.
I don't know about him being a good RB but i could see him possibly getting picked up
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I'm in the camp that liked Banyard. I even think the coaching staff might liked him, but I'm thinking this is a situation where Williams played himself onto the team (assuming he makes the 53) than it is Banyard playing himself off of it. Liking him though, isn't enough because he's not a back you cut and lose sleep over.

Bostick is a good player. Not a great fit for this team as the Minnesota has a deep group at TE and it's guys who can do a lot of different things.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Bostick is a good player.
Really? I never thought so.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote: Really? I never thought so.
He may not have been a great player, but he had a GREAT play last year...one of the best I've ever seen.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote: He may not have been a great player, but he had a GREAT play last year...one of the best I've ever seen.
I know. Greatest since Favre's masterful across the body throw in the 09 NFCCG, which was his finest hour since his last stand in the Tundra in the 07 NFCCG, which was only matched by Anderson ice and his clutch boot in 98 NFCCG. :)

Moral to the story, NFCCG losses blow.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011