2015 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 2015 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by dead_poet »

halfgiz wrote:Yeah the Bears had him playing linebacker more or less. Hope the trade works out for Allen.
He's no longer a Bear. Things are looking up.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Great news for Allen! Congrats. I think the Bears must realize that they are truly terrible this year and are beginning the rebuilding process.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Wow, that was a nice pay day for Allen. Cant even imagine making that much money, or spending that much money and just trading him. At least he is off the Bears, and has a chance to go somewhere with the Panthers.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote:Great news for Allen! Congrats. I think the Bears must realize that they are truly terrible this year and are beginning the rebuilding process.
Allen sucked with the Bears anyway, I cant believe anyone would trade for him.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Foghorn Leghorn
Veteran

Post by Foghorn Leghorn »

Everson Griffen mic'd up vs san diego
http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... sf13619219
GO IRISH!
GO VIKES!
"When you're rich you don't write checks"- Randy Moss
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I normally like Everson, but he kinda seemed like a jerk in some of those clips.

I liked his exchange with Rivers though.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

DK Sweets wrote:I normally like Everson, but he kinda seemed like a jerk in some of those clips.

haha I don't even care. Rivers likes to run his mouth. I'm guessing thats just his competitive side but who knows
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Didn't wanna dig up that old, ugly thread, but...
Man who killed Adrian Peterson's son in 2013.

Joseph Patterson has been found guilty on all counts for the death of Tyrese Ruffin.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Funkytown wrote:Didn't wanna dig up that old, ugly thread, but...
Good!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@Andrew_Krammer Xavier Rhodes has passed the concussion protocol, per Zimmer
@mattvensel Charles Johnson, Jarius Wright, Andrew Sendejo and Justin Trattou are not practicing today, per @Cmillstrib. Xavier Rhodes was practicing.
@Andrew_Krammer Trattou (ankle), Johnson (ribs) and Sendejo (leg) were all injured in Sunday's game. We'll know more on Wright when injury report comes out.
@christomasson With both WRs Charles Johnson and Jarius Wright not practicing today, obviously worth keeping an eye on. But #Vikings have lots of WR depth
--Diggs/Patterson
@GoesslingESPN Teddy Bridgewater will make his 16th career start on Sunday. "I think I'm making a ton of progress," he said.
@Andrew_Krammer Teddy Bridgewater said one area he feels he's grown in is making checks at the line, "getting us in the right play."
@mattvensel I asked Teddy if we will ever see him flapping his arms like Peyton and yelling, "Omaha!" He laughed and said no. #asexpected
@Andrew_Krammer Zimmer: "Theres probably not a blitz we can devise or a coverage that (Peyton Manning) has not seen."
@PFF The Broncos have pressured opposing QBs on 50% of their dropbacks this season. By far the highest rate in the NFL.
-- Good luck, Teddy
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I'm guessing Diggs will be active this week. Hopefully we can see something big out of him
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

DK Sweets wrote:I normally like Everson, but he kinda seemed like a jerk in some of those clips.

Every great Football team needs some jerks. :wink:
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@christomasson #Vikings WR Adam Thielen got work with first team in practice Wednesday Candidate to start if Charles Johnson, Jarius Wright both out Sunday
@GoesslingESPN ESPN's Football Power Index rates #Vikings as the most efficient special teams unit in the league. Teams starting from own 13 after punt.
@christomasson #Vikings WR Stefon Diggs on possible 1st activation Sunday: “Whatever coach decides, I’m just going to prepare the right way and be ready.’’
@Andrew_Krammer Peterson spoke highly of Von Miller, DeMarcus Ware today: "58, 94, those guys [have] to get hit every play.. That's our best chance to win."
@christomasson #Vikings WR Charles Johnson (ribs) on his status for Sunday at Denver: “We’ll see. Don’t know. Still just trying to get right.’’
@Andrew_Krammer Peterson, asked about #Vikings going all under center runs last week: "(Norv) has made some good adjustments. I can't tell him what to do"
-- Norv adapting...

Not sure where else to put this so I'll put it here: Bengals' contract-year LT Whitworth signed a one-year deal recently with the team so he won't be on the free agent OT list following this season. He was a guy I thought the Vikings could sign depending on the health/play of Kalil & Loadholt.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@PFF Matt Kalil has allowed 3 pressures this season. At this point a year ago he had allowed 3 sacks and 14 pressures.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote:
Its the best surprise of the season so far. He has looked very good.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins