2015 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: 2015 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by Funkytown »

Chase Ford will be released to make room for Josh Robinson on the roster.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Wishing Chase well. I wouldn't be surprised if he was claimed by pass-catching-TE-needy teams.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:Wishing Chase well. I wouldn't be surprised if he was claimed by pass-catching-TE-needy teams.

Agreed. I liked him a lot. I'm sure he will wind up somewhere.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Ford has always been a favorite player of mine. Sometimes, I think he gets open more then Kyle. At least it seemed so to me. We are are to miss him. And for Josh Robinson? Give Waynes a shot. I'd rather have Sherels cover then Josh. All Josh has is speed. Ive been kind of hard on Newman because when he gets beat, he doesnt know where the ball is. He cant keep the eyes on the ball and keep the receiver close at the same time. Hes done ok, but I thinka lot think that cause hes almost 38 years old.
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Ford has always been a favorite player of mine. Sometimes, I think he gets open more then Kyle. At least it seemed so to me. We are are to miss him. And for Josh Robinson? Give Waynes a shot. I'd rather have Sherels cover then Josh. All Josh has is speed. Ive been kind of hard on Newman because when he gets beat, he doesnt know where the ball is. He cant keep the eyes on the ball and keep the receiver close at the same time. Hes done ok, but I thinka lot think that cause hes almost 38 years old.
I don't necessarily think you're wrong about Robinson, and it may ultimately turn out to be a mistake, but Robinson showed some skill in his Rookie season, and then seemed to get (much) worse after his second year. When Zimmer came to town, Robinson started to improve (he had/has a little ways to climb out of the cellar, though) and maybe that is what Zimmer & Co see in him. What would have been interesting to see was what would Josh look like if he'd been coached by Zimmer on Day 1 in the NFL.

In any case, I don't have any heartburn with the move, but I sure hope it pans out. I would hate to lose a competent Tight End for an incompetent Corner.

*Edit - Changed "your" to "you're" (Committed one of my own pet peeves :lol: )
Last edited by Just Me on Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I kinda makes me wonder about the Hodges deal.. We got rid of a good player to sign a guy we have not played
and a late pick(if that). To my knowledge, Eaton has not touched the field. Berger seems to be the weakest link
on the OL. We have not seen Cirles either... The OT from San Diego
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

jackal wrote:I kinda makes me wonder about the Hodges deal.. We got rid of a good player to sign a guy we have not played
and a late pick(if that). To my knowledge, Eaton has not touched the field. Berger seems to be the weakest link
on the OL. We have not seen Cirles either... The OT from San Diego
Berger is not the weakest link on the OL. That's a tie between Clemmings and Fusco. There's no way an UDFA rookie would be as good as Berger right now.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@christomasson Mike Zimmer said Jason Trusnik, who can play all three linebacker spots, has mostly been starting out in the middle.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@christomasson Mike Zimmer on Terence Newman, 37, down the road: “Maybe he will be a safety, who knows?’’
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

dead_poet wrote:
Interesting. He doesn't seem like the type of guy who would bring that up unless he was inclined to try it out. I wonder if that's a stronger statement on Newman or the rest of our safeties?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

DK Sweets wrote:Interesting. He doesn't seem like the type of guy who would bring that up unless he was inclined to try it out. I wonder if that's a stronger statement on Newman or the rest of our safeties?
I think Zimmer thinks that highly of Newman.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

According to Chase Ford's agent he will be joining the Vikings practice squad.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Funkytown wrote:
Whaaaaat? I definitely thought somebody else would pick him up.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

dead_poet wrote:
Wow, Newman has been an adequate job at CB, but I cant imagine him at center. I would what zimmer is thinking of.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Wow, Newman has been an adequate job at CB, but I cant imagine him at center. I would what zimmer is thinking of.
:?:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins