Theodore Bridgewater: Year One --> Year Two

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Theodore Bridgewater: Year One --> Year Two

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:His mechanics weren't much of a worry last year when he was playing well. Now all of the sudden he has one bad game and people are talking bust?? Come on
Bridgewater's mechanics were an issue last year, especially on deep balls, and criticism of his throwing motion and accuracy dates back to before he was even drafted, as the quote I posted from Greg Cosell illustrates. This is not new stuff, suddenly brought up in the wake of a bad performance earlier this week.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

I have noticed that Teddy can take awhile to get into a rhythm - if he starts out poorly. The first few passes on Monday, Teddy displayed some of that weird angle accuracy where the ball was either too high or too low and not a smooth trajectory. Conversely, though, if Teddy starts hot, I have not yet seen him get out of sync latter in the game.

It is also hard to be an effective quarterback when you are sacked 5 times by a defensive front that shouldn't be generating that amount of pressure. Poor protection schemes, sub-par talent on the offensive line, and ineffective play calling attributed greatly to the loss.

But hey, at least now the media can just spew hatred about "how wrong they were," and "Minnesota is a bum-#### team," the rest of the season without repercussion.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

He has more then enough zip in his arm. Everyone knew he didnt have a huge arm, and he'd have to work on the long ball. But the coaches/Rick must have seen something in Teddy, or they wouldnt have gotten Wallace as our main WR.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Mothman wrote: Bridgewater's mechanics were an issue last year, especially on deep balls, and criticism of his throwing motion and accuracy dates back to before he was even drafted, as the quote I posted from Greg Cosell illustrates. This is not new stuff, suddenly brought up in the wake of a bad performance earlier this week.
His deep ball looked pretty good to me at the end of last year when he was hitting Johnson and Wright right in the bread basket. As well as Monday night when his deep ball couldn't have been more perfect to Wallace. So like I said, I don't see his deep ball as an issue. He was tagged with it coming out of college and during his pro day but that never really translated to the nfl
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: His deep ball looked pretty good to me at the end of last year when he was hitting Johnson and Wright right in the bread basket. As well as Monday night when his deep ball couldn't have been more perfect to Wallace. So like I said, I don't see his deep ball as an issue. He was tagged with it coming out of college and during his pro day but that never really translated to the nfl
There were articles written about it last season because it did translate to the NFL and his deep ball accuracy was problematic for a while ...

... but that's not the point anyway. Steve raised a little legitimate concern, (not just about the deep ball) and I don't think it was just because Bridgewater had a bad game. Nobody has to agree or disagree with his take. I just don't think think it deserved to be casually dismissed. It's actually an interesting point for discussion.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: His mechanics weren't much of a worry last year when he was playing well. Now all of the sudden he has one bad game and people are talking bust?? Come on
Firstly, Thank You Jim. could not have said that any better. Does anyone think that TB has a normal delivery of the football? I do not understand why someone, anyone would think otherwise. It worries the hell out of me because even when he is spot on it looks unnatural and awkward. I held my tongue last year because I am willing to give him a reasonable chance. He can impress and he can not. I like the way he keeps his eyes downfield and moves around most of the time. It's the delivery that concerns me. Not much else about Teddy. If he throws like he does for his career, it will not be a long one. My opinion. It is what it is.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

CbusVikesFan wrote:My opinion. It is what it is.
which is wrong.
Please just watch(04:39-05:18):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXCuSyj18M&t=4m39s
This is a dog.
Compare that to this guy (00:46-01:01):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3ioQywcAc&t=0m45s
"It's ok to hit the bag"
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

That throwing motion/accuracy was definitely a concern last year. Let's not whitewash the conversation.
84BreaksAnkles wrote: which is wrong.
After everything you said going into week one...you really gonna go there?
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

DK Sweets wrote:That throwing motion/accuracy was definitely a concern last year. Let's not whitewash the conversation.
After everything you said going into week one...you really gonna go there?
It takes a guy who's wrong a lot to accurately recognize when someone else is also wrong. <3 u sweets. I'm just a bitter petty vikings fan right now :confused:

*i'll have you know I took responsibility for most the stupid sh*********** I said this offseason
This is a dog.
"It's ok to hit the bag"
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

After re-reading that post, my bad mood (non-board related) is obvious. Sorry for the attitude.
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

Dude no worries! :rock:

I need a good slap across the face sometimes to get it together. That loss was rough for us all, but honestly a 10-3 gAme going into the 4th? We almost had a chance even after all that sloppy hot steamy garbage we saw the other night..

Even with Ted's questionable(not convinced on this yet) he's 70+% accuracy. That is AT LEST something to build on. Doing the all-22 study now to see if it was all Ted or did the receivers also deserve some blame.

In my mind it's obvious Norv deserves most, if not all the blame.. Refer to my breakdown on pg4. To see how ineffective the personnel decisions were. The simple fact that we ran more plays out of shotgun than under center. The best player on the field got 10 touches. Something is seriously flawed with that situation, on an OC level.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28617&start=90
Last edited by 84BreaksAnkles on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a dog.
"It's ok to hit the bag"
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

84BreaksAnkles wrote: which is wrong.
Oh great soothsayer, I hope you are correct in your assumption. After all, I am a Vikings fan. Nothing would please me more than to win multiple championships while TB is QB. But I am not going to pump sunshine up my own butt. After all, I am a Vikings fan.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

CbusVikesFan wrote: Oh great soothsayer, I hope you are correct in your assumption. After all, I am a Vikings fan. Nothing would please me more than to win multiple championships while TB is QB. But I am not going to pump sunshine up my own butt. After all, I am a Vikings fan.
Lol that's the truth brotha
*edit: minus the sunshine up your sphincter business
Last edited by 84BreaksAnkles on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a dog.
"It's ok to hit the bag"
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

CbusVikesFan wrote: Oh great soothsayer, I hope you are correct in your assumption. After all, I am a Vikings fan. Nothing would please me more than to win multiple championships while TB is QB. But I am not going to pump sunshine up my own butt. After all, I am a Vikings fan.
Pumping sunshine up your own butt? I have questions.

1) Does sunshine have a mass? If not, how do you pump it?
2) What do you use to increase the amount of sunshine?
3) What unit do you use to measure the pumped sunshine?
4) Do you find the sunshine-filled anus experience pleasurable?