Theodore Bridgewater: Year One --> Year Two

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Re: Theodore Bridgewater: Year One --> Year Two

Post by PacificNorseWest »

TeddyBaller wrote:
meh sounds like nitpicking
It wouldn't be a point of emphasis if it were nitpicking.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

PacificNorseWest wrote: It wouldn't be a point of emphasis if it were nitpicking.
Agreed. It only seems like nitpicking if you don't understand the effect that elbow placement has on the trajectory and accuracy of the pass.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PacificNorseWest wrote: It wouldn't be a point of emphasis if it were nitpicking.
Exactly... and I thought your earlier post was right on target.

By the way, this article might be where you read that elbow mechanics have been a point of emphasis for Bridgewater this year:
Bridgewater is not yet in Rivers' stratosphere, but his late-season surge revealed the attributes -- accuracy and anticipation -- that have powered Rivers over the years. Early ball placement issues were addressed with a focus on elbow mechanics, something Bridgewater focused on all offseason. ("Sometimes if I drop my elbow too low," he said, "a ball may sail on me.") And when asked about Bridgewater's relatively quick assimilation of his scheme, Turner referenced another likely Hall of Fame quarterback.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

^Appreciated. I believe that may have been it.
Exactly... and I thought your earlier post was right on target.
I keep my elbow up.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PacificNorseWest wrote:^Appreciated. I believe that may have been it.
I keep my elbow up.
:lol: Well done!
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Theodore Bridgewater: Year One --> Year Two

Post by DK Sweets »

PacificNorseWest wrote: I keep my elbow up.
*slow clap*
TeddyBaller
Starter

Post by TeddyBaller »

Jordysghost wrote: Maybe it ended for you, but 3000+ yards on the season and 7 more tds then Bridge, all while playing with the Raiders, definitley indicates that there is still a reasonable argument for Carr.

empty stats for carr 28th best qb in the league last year behind geno smith, sounds about right, and about the td's 6 of carr's 21 td passes came from the 1 yard line

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Carr ranked lower than Smith. More evidence QBR is the most ridiculous stat ever created to try and fill television time...
TeddyBaller
Starter

Post by TeddyBaller »

Demi wrote:Carr ranked lower than Smith. More evidence QBR is the most ridiculous stat ever created to try and fill television time...

carr's advanced stats were NOT good bro.. stop trying to make derek carr happen

he had a better o-line than teddy last year, and a better wide reciever corp, and still teddy was better. teddy has drew brees potential
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

TeddyBaller wrote:

he had a better o-line than teddy last year, and a better wide reciever corp, and still teddy was better. teddy has drew brees potential
21-12 td int ratio and 3000+ yards, nobody needs to make Carr happen, he did that on his own. I think Teddy had a far better WR core last year as well.

I think Teddy is the best QB from his draft class and will remain as such, but if you want to talk potential Carr has everything physically you want in a QB.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Jordysghost wrote:21-12 td int ratio and 3000+ yards, nobody needs to make Carr happen, he did that on his own. I think Teddy had a far better WR core last year as well.

I think Teddy is the best QB from his draft class and will remain as such, but if you want to talk potential Carr has everything physically you want in a QB.
Yes, Carr is "happening" whether anyone wants him to "happen" or not.

I don't really think it matters which of the two QBs (Carr or Bridgewater) is better. They both had solid rookie seasons. They both have the potential to be better this year and beyond. They play in completely different conferences so it's not as if they'll face off much. It matters in the sense that the Vikes had the choice to draft either one of them and they chose Bridgewater. Obviously, we Vikes fans want that to be the "right" choice and so far, so good. However, it may turn out that there wasn't really a wrong choice to be made between Carr and Bridgewater.

The Vikes may have dodged a bullet with Manziel though.;) Time will tell!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

TeddyBaller wrote:

Yeah I definitely think Teddy is the better QB but Oakland WRs were probably one of the worst in the NFL so there is no way ours was worse. I think Carr is going to be a good QB. A lot better than Bortles. He just got a great weapon in Cooper and I like Murray. I think he'll be comparable to a Ryan Tannehill type QB with a much better deep ball. I can see the Teddy/Brees comparison
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
TeddyBaller
Starter

Post by TeddyBaller »

Jordysghost wrote: 21-12 td int ratio and 3000+ yards, nobody needs to make Carr happen, he did that on his own. I think Teddy had a far better WR core last year as well.

carr's completion % and passer rating was garbage,..... carr only passed for 3,000+ yards because he started from day 1, bridgewater took over week 4... and damn near caught carr in passing yards lol
Last edited by TeddyBaller on Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
TeddyBaller
Starter

Post by TeddyBaller »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Yeah I definitely think Teddy is the better QB but Oakland WRs were probably one of the worst in the NFL so there is no way ours was worse. I think Carr is going to be a good QB. A lot better than Bortles. He just got a great weapon in Cooper and I like Murray. I think he'll be comparable to a Ryan Tannehill type QB with a much better deep ball. I can see the Teddy/Brees comparison

only greg jennings and charles johnson could run consistent routes last year, a lot of teddy ints were on cordelle patterson not knowing how to run routes... teddy unlike carr anticipates throws and throws guys open like a brees and rodgers

mike wallace looks like a bust trade, dude cant run routes just like flash... such a shame, imagine teddy with a freak wideout like amari cooper, instead we took a bum like trae waynes
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Im not saying Carr is better then Teddy, im saying he had a decent rookie year, and he did. 21-12 td int ratio with 3000+ yards is solid, especially for a rookie. Facts are facts.
Last edited by Jordysghost on Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011