Regular season prediction.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Regular season prediction.

Post by mosscarter »

so just because we lost loadholdt we have a bad offensive line now? i know its preseason, but i don't think teddy has been sacked one time. i think our line looks good and clemmings is no slouch. to say we will only win 6 or 8 games with peterson back, wallace, and some other young defensive talent is a bit of a stretch. i say we win 9 games or more. packers just lost their number one receiver for the year and i'm not sure on what planet anyone thinks the lions are good.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

mosscarter wrote:so just because we lost loadholdt we have a bad offensive line now? i know its preseason, but i don't think teddy has been sacked one time. i think our line looks good and clemmings is no slouch. to say we will only win 6 or 8 games with peterson back, wallace, and some other young defensive talent is a bit of a stretch. i say we win 9 games or more. packers just lost their number one receiver for the year and i'm not sure on what planet anyone thinks the lions are good.
Honestly, most of us were worried about the O Line before Loadholt went down.

As for the Packers and Lions, I'll be more surprised if Aaron Rodgers and Eddie Lacy don't produce huge numbers than if they do. And I think the Lions are definitely capable of playing well with a healthy Megatron.
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

mosscarter wrote:so just because we lost loadholdt we have a bad offensive line now? i know its preseason, but i don't think teddy has been sacked one time. i think our line looks good and clemmings is no slouch. to say we will only win 6 or 8 games with peterson back, wallace, and some other young defensive talent is a bit of a stretch. i say we win 9 games or more. packers just lost their number one receiver for the year and i'm not sure on what planet anyone thinks the lions are good.
Uhm we ranked 28th in the league last year in sacks allowed. The line was a concern even before we lost Loadholdt.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
IrishViking
All Pro Elite Player

Post by IrishViking »

720pete wrote: Uhm we ranked 28th in the league last year in sacks allowed. The line was a concern even before we lost Loadholdt.

I still think Fusco back and Loadholt out is a big improvement over Loadholt in and Fusco out, but that's my opinion.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

you seem to forget most of the line was hurt last year.
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

REVISED PREDICTION: 4-12 to 5-11

Maybe we can get Cardale?
Please just watch(04:39-05:18):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXCuSyj18M&t=4m39s
This is a dog.
Compare that to this guy (00:46-01:01):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3ioQywcAc&t=0m45s
"It's ok to hit the bag"
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

84BreaksAnkles wrote:REVISED PREDICTION: 4-12 to 5-11

Maybe we can get Cardale?
I'm guessing 7-9.

they looked like a 0 win team tonight, but they will improve enough to get half way decent during the course of the season. Still it won't lead anywhere.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Regular season prediction.

Post by DK Sweets »

I'm still going to say 9-7, possibly even 10-6.

Don't get me wrong. That was an ugly game. The Vikings have let me down harder than that, though.

I think about Aaron Rodgers having to tell people to RELAX last year after a 1-2 start and how the eventual Super Bowl Champs got dusted by Kansas City early in the year to fall to 2-2. Seattle started 3-3 and the Colts started 0-2. Every team that made the championship game last year started ugly.

The consensus on the board was that it would be nice to play an underdog role and sneak up on teams. Well, after last night, the preseason hype is over. I have enough faith in Zimmer, Teddy, Adrian, and the rest of this team to believe that adjustments will be made and this team will never look even half as bad as they did tonight.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

DK Sweets wrote:I'm still going to say 9-7, possibly even 10-6.

Don't get me wrong. That was an ugly game. The Vikings have let me down harder than that, though.

I think about Aaron Rodgers having to tell people to RELAX last year after a 1-2 start and how the eventual Super Bowl Champs got dusted by Kansas City early in the year to fall to 2-2. Seattle started 3-3 and the Colts started 0-2. Every team that made the championship game last year started ugly.

The consensus on the board was that it would be nice to play an underdog role and sneak up on teams. Well, after last night, the preseason hype is over. I have enough faith in Zimmer, Teddy, Adrian, and the rest of this team to believe that adjustments will be made and this team will never look even half as bad as they did tonight.
I hope so. they need to go with 6 offensive linemen.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

DK Sweets wrote:I'm still going to say 9-7, possibly even 10-6.

I'm staying with my original 6-10 prediction, although I did project a win in week 1.

akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

akvikingsfan wrote:1. @ San Francisco- W
2. Lions- W
3. Charger- W
4. @ Broncos- L
5. Chiefs-W
6. @ Lions - W
7. @ Bears-W
8. Rams - W
9. @ Raiders- W
10. Packers- W
11. @Falcons- W
12. Seahawks- L
13. @Cardinals- W
14. Bears- W
15. Giants-W
16 @Packers- L

13-3 and we win the north. Yea, I'm drinking the cool-aide and I have my purple shades on. But I really see this team doing great. Second year Teddy, pissed off AD, strong D. I think it'll be the best season we've had since 09.
At the halfway point my picks are 7-1 having only missed the 49ers game. Having seen the way things have looked this season I would probably make a couple changes to the second half (@Falcons, Seahawks, and @Cardinals). But since this is what I said back in August I will stick with it. But will amend the record to 12-4 (due to losing one game that I didn't predict we would) win the NFC North and a first round bye.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

808vikingsfan wrote:DET looks scary. You guys may want to rethink your predictions.

This is why I stopped predicting anything this year.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

808vikingsfan wrote:
This is why I stopped predicting anything this year.
:lol:
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I am sticking with my preseason quess of 12 wins max and 9 at the least...

I am worried about Oakland next week. Carr and company have been racking up points
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I still think we will lose 2-4 of the next few games. Much stronger competition in here, but only defense as strong as what we saw in DEN and vs. STL is the seahawks, so that helps us. Still, there are some games in this stretch that probably will require some luck to win. My guess is they'll be lucky on some, but not all.

I do expect us to be competitive in ALL of them.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi