The other shoe??

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Re: The other shoe??

Post by Jordysghost »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: To anyone who can't handle disappointment, this may not be the team for you. May I suggest rooting for the Patriots?
I just wanted to add that I would take dissappointment any day over cheating.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Jordysghost wrote: I just wanted to add that I would take dissappointment any day over cheating.
:deadhorse:
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Mothman wrote: :deadhorse:
+1

That was a great way of putting it, Kapp. Thank you for explaining what I've been wanting to say better than I could.
Wild Bill
Transition Player

Post by Wild Bill »

chicagopurple wrote:I, too, find my self much more reserved no regarding the start of the season. No unbridled optimism for me....
I also think the real Achilles Heel is likely to be the OL as I don't believe the Vikes invested any real effort to upgrade in the off-season, they are just shuffling the same disappointing players.
Do I believe we now have one of the best coaches in our recent history? Yes
Do I believe that AP is well rested and pissed off....definitely!
But.....I remain unconvinced we have an OL or SuperBowl level receivers....yet.
I am just too grey and grizzled to be giddy quite yet.
I am not giddy and I share your concerns but I can't help but be CAUTIOUSLY optimistic !! We have more young depth at OL will they work out? Unknown hopefully we will be a bit luckier healthwise in that area this year. We also look stronger in DBs I think youth, speed
may develop in our favor. I guess this grey and grizzled fan is a sucker. I feel much better this year than I have in a few. I am definitely not waiting for the other shoe. That's just a bit paranoid even for a vikes fan.
Wild Bill
"Sometimes We Live No Particular Way But Our Own"...Hunter,Garcia
Wild Bill
Transition Player

Post by Wild Bill »

808vikingsfan wrote:Here's more positivity:

vikings listed as superbowl sleeper by KC Joyner

2015's Top Five Secondaries: Seahawks #1, Who's #2?

I have a feeling this is only the beginning. Watch what happens when the Vikings win big in week 1 vs SF.

I know exactly what you're feeling PMR. It's just the nature of being a Vikings fan. It feels inevitable that something bad will happen. I felt very positive about last year and look what happened. The thing is, if last year didn't turn out the way it did, this team wouldn't be as strong as it seems right now. If something unfortunate happens this year, I think it'll only make them stronger next year.

Enjoy the ride.
The guy who rated us #2 in secondary should send me some of the purple koolaid he got into !!! I haven't seen stuff that good since the mid 70s LOL
Wild Bill
"Sometimes We Live No Particular Way But Our Own"...Hunter,Garcia
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

Good post by J Kapp 11. I'm entering my 45th season as a die hard. And I have died hard.
1972 - Weirdly frustrating.
1975 - A great team but gut punched by Dallas.
1987 - So close!
1998 - Enough said.
2009 - Heartbreak
Tice, Childress, Frazier (The 3 Stooges).

I've found it easier to deal with the years we've sucked better than the years I expected more. Even so, I expect greatness this year. The 49er game sets the tone. If we dominate, it's off to the races.
SKOLSKOLSKOLSKOLSKOLSKOL
VikeMike
All Pro Elite Player

Post by VikeMike »

Forty-three years for me bleeding purple. And enough shoes have fallen to open up a Payless store.

I'm waiting the day I can bury ONE shoe. I'm definitely more hopeful than I've been since 2009, but I leery about getting caught up in the hype. Let's face it ... The "experts" rushing to tag the Vikings as the next up and comer might be right, but they don't know any better than any of us. That said, I like the direction but I'm just gonna take it one week and a time and enjoy watching this young team develop. I really am tempering my expectations and letting it just happen.

(I guess I'm more sanguine because my Buckeyes had that incredible run to the National Championship)
"Meet at the quarterback"
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

Wow, look at all these old geezers on this board. I didn't know they allowed internet access in the nursing home!

KIDDING!

Anyway, 20+ year Purple fan here. Like 99.9% of Vikings fan, I would be happy with just 1 Super Bowl trophy.

As far as the shoe dropping. It's not like that hasn't happened before. We've stuck around for this long... I like this team though, and I love the coaching staff.
ERIK the PURPLE
Franchise Player

Post by ERIK the PURPLE »

Geezers? You should be kissing our bean bags for supporting the Purple & Gold while you were in diapers.