NFC North First Game Predictions.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

NFC North First Game Predictions.

Post by Hunter Morrow »

Vikings/49ers
Oh COME ON, league. Could you do us any dirtier than that? Prime time road game is another way to spell "Vikings loss." But, the 49ers were an 8-8 team with off field issues and injuries that struggled mightily to put up points. Sound familiar? yeah, that was us last year. This isn't the mark an L on the calendar Doomsday it seems at first blush.
Now, Kaepernick is an unsackable scrambler with an arm, AKA Vikings kryptonite. But I think our D is actually legit.
Peterson doesn't go off like a bomb, their D is too good, but he has no rust whatsoever and gets 100 total yards and a TD. Nice little start for him.

My prediction? We win, but their D keeps it tight. No skol score running. The best case scenario is no injuries,
win by 7 and keep the awful, awful media from starting the HYPE TRAIN on us. We do better under the radar.
let's have people saying we ain't crap until we dumpster some team 34-13 in the playoffs, please.
8)

The Green Bay Packers Versus That Team They Always Beat
The Bears have nothing on the Packers. Nothing. Not to say we have much more, but they have only beaten the Packers 1 time in their last 11 games. The average score in their last 3 games is 42-19 with the Packers whooping that behind.
Their new defensive scheme is obviously going to have some growing pains. The 49ers connection is that the Bears new D coach had a 4-0 record against Rodgers with the 49ers. But he ain't the Bears savior and Cutler is gonna Cutler and do under 300 yards, get sacked a bunch and cough it up 3 times. Spotting Aaron Rodgers more possessions is no way to go through life. Packers by a lot to a little and every joker in the state thinks they will win the Super Bowl. Thankfully, their D will choke again and we get to drink some Packers fail-tears.

Lions/Chargers
Lions on the road with the word REGRESSION on everybody's mind. can the Lions have 11-5 and be in the hunt for the division again or will that murderous strength of schedule be their doom? Now, first things are first and I think the Lions can beat the Chargers and likely will beat them. that being said, I think the Lions wind up taking a small step backwards.
A reason they might lose is they lost a lot of key pieces on their defense, Notclean DirtySue being a crucial one.
people also point out historically that this team follows up a good season with a real stinker the next. I think they win, but go 9-7 on the year.

What do ya got?!?!
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: NFC North First Game Predictions.

Post by Boon »

I don't know what D you're talking about lol. The niners were eviscerated this offseason.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Packers thump the bears ...The Packers are just a better team in General
Better QB, Way Better Offense, Better coached...

Minnesota Over SF.. if this was the SF of three years ago I would be worried..
They only have a handful of carry over players from their good seasons. Based on what
I have seen their coaching staff is going to be a serious downgrade from Harbaugh's level.
The Vikings just stomped on the rams to start the season with a lesser team, last season.

Detoit Vs. SD this could go either way.. I am not sure how good the Lions DL will be
and the Chargers are going to be missing Gates and maybe their as well. I think the
Chargers rushing attack will get better with a first round pick running.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Packers over Bears, Vikes over Niners, Chargers over Lions.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

It's hard for me to see the Vikings losing week 1. On top of a depleted 49ers roster, I don't think Santa Clara brings anything close to the same homefield advantage as the Stick. I'm kinda glad of this fact as I plan to attend the game.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

This usually bodes poorly for the Vikings, but I am 0% worried about the 49ers. IF they even do well this season, there are still going to be a lot of pieces coming together week one.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@CharlesRobinson Oh boy. #49ers linebacker Aldon Smith arrested last night by Santa Clara PD.
@SantaClaraPD From the PIO: SCPD arrested Aldon Smith last night for Hit&Run, DUI, and vandalism. A press release will be provided later this morning.
49ers are having themselves quite the offseason. Their mascot may need to re-create my avatar.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Expected but still...jeez. Idiot. Someone (Cowboys?) will take a chance on him after he serves whatever random suspension the NFL administers.
@AllbrightNFL Source expects Aldon Smith to be released in next 24 hours...
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Yeah I think he will get picked up and get in trouble again... The guy is a complete idiot.

my guess is in two or three years, even the worst teams won't try for him ...
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

jackal wrote:Yeah I think he will get picked up and get in trouble again... The guy is a complete idiot.

my guess is in two or three years, even the worst teams won't try for him ...
He's certainly going the way of ex-Lions receiver Titus Young.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

http://dui.drivinglaws.org/california.php

well he is looking at a minimum of 120 days of jail time and up to one year in Jail plus whatever he didn't serve the last time, due to probation.

3 years licence suspension ....

not to mention the hit and run and other charges.. If he actually hurt someone during the hit and run .. that could be serious time ...

Basically at this point, 6 months to a year, in jail ...
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@AdamSchefter Aldon Smith walked out of jail and told KGO that it is was not a DUI, the truth will be told, and he apologized to fans.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

@AdamSchefter Aldon Smith walked out of jail and told KGO that it is was not a DUI, the truth will be told, and he apologized to fans.
Total denial addict statement ...

1. It wasn't a DUI ? they would have tested him at the Jail or hospital.

2. Why say your sorry if it wasn't true ?

3. On probation in these cases you can't drink or do any drugs, period ...
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

He is outta the league for good I am thinking. What a moron... really, so much talent and so damn dumb.

AD for predictions, I think the vikings stomp the niners week 1. 38-7

Packers over bears. It won't be close at all.
Chargers over lions. It will be close, bit I think melvin gordon is the real deal and really helps out San diego.