WR Depth Chart

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: WR Depth Chart

Post by DK Sweets »

jackal wrote: No FB only two RB's even though I think Asiata makes it as well.

Cutting back on LB or secondary (zimmer loves his sceondary..doubt that ever happens)
Why would we do that? And who would they keep?
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

6 receivers seems to be the norm, so that's probably the safe answer (Johnson, Wallace, Wright, Diggs, Patterson and Thielen). Yeah?

They probably scrap the FB since Line or anyone else truly standout to make it worthwhile and keep an extra TE. Rudolph, Ellison, Ford, Pruitt. Ellison gives you an H-back, which is FB-ish, so that's probably the route I'd take. Who knows?
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Right now I would much rather see Theilen getting CP's reps. CP is regressing, a lot like Ponder did before we finally booted him. I didnt like the CP pick then, and havent seen any improvement, as a WR. Sometimes you have to actually have to know your position, and not just be super athletic. Diggs or Waynes or a number of others could do just as good of job as CP has been doing lately as a return guy, especially since there are so many touch backs. Or give Diggs his reps.

Wallace scares me too. I didnt like him as our big money WR. He looks like BB all over again. Hope Im wrong.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

PacificNorseWest wrote:6 receivers seems to be the norm, so that's probably the safe answer (Johnson, Wallace, Wright, Diggs, Patterson and Thielen). Yeah?

They probably scrap the FB since Line or anyone else truly standout to make it worthwhile and keep an extra TE. Rudolph, Ellison, Ford, Pruitt. Ellison gives you an H-back, which is FB-ish, so that's probably the route I'd take. Who knows?
I like the idea of Asiata of a FB. I wonder how many FB and RBs they want to keep. Asiata is a decent blocker, and can move people backwards. Hes also a great threat receiving. And the FB running TD. Mckinnon looks bad so far, wonder how much of that is the oline.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I think Wallace deserves more leeway than Patterson right now, but I'm all on board with the idea of Thielen getting more reps as opposed to those going to Patterson. I still haven't given up, but at some point he's got to prove something and I think he's been given a fair enough chance to grow and hasn't seized that opportunity. He's gonna have to scrap his way back by continuing to work in practice and take advantage of any opportunity he gets going forward, be it an injury to another WR or something else...Thielen and others deserve to see the field more at this point.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Right now I would much rather see Theilen getting CP's reps. CP is regressing, a lot like Ponder did before we finally booted him. I didnt like the CP pick then, and havent seen any improvement, as a WR. Sometimes you have to actually have to know your position, and not just be super athletic. Diggs or Waynes or a number of others could do just as good of job as CP has been doing lately as a return guy, especially since there are so many touch backs. Or give Diggs his reps.

Wallace scares me too. I didnt like him as our big money WR. He looks like BB all over again. Hope Im wrong.
Patterson regressed last year but you can't really tell if he's improved or regressed this year just by watching preseason games so to say he's regressing is pretty pre-determined IMO when it comes to this year. Same goes for Thielen. Neither impress me as a WR but I still prefer Patterson simply because of his playmaking ability
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri