ESPN Grades The Minnesota Vikings' Offseason

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

They seem to like what the Vikings have done, as they've given the purple and gold a B-plus for what they've done since last season ended. That mark was only bettered by three teams across the league.
Getting Adrian Peterson back and resisting pressure to trade him -- at least so far -- helped explain why the Vikings came within a tick of getting into the A range.

"Peterson is a force multiplier," Polian said. "Now Teddy Bridgewater has a guy he can hand it to 20 times a game. That changes everything. Tight end is a strength. I don't know if the wide receiver corps is quite enough to get them as far as they'd like to go. I want to see how that position adds up."

NFL.COM also ranks the Vikings as the 10th most talented team of 2015.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: ESPN Grades The Minnesota Vikings' Offseason

Post by DK Sweets »

I know some people look at our roster and see holes, but I can find holes on any roster. I look at some of the things we have going for us and think "Why not us?"

I wouldn't put money on this team to be lifting the Lombardi Trophy, but I'm certainly not writing them off, either.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Everything will change once we have eight Sundays under our belts during the regular season. Right now though, I agree, the roster looks quite strong. On Paper one might argue that OL and RB are our weakest position groups (assuming AP doesn't see the field in 2015).

This is just my own conjecture, but I think the OL will bounce back this year and I think CB will start slow before finishing strong. I'm curious to see how a guy like Mike Wallace will fit into the Locker Room, as well. How will he handle things when Teddy struggles? I want to see us have an impact LB corps, which on paper it looks like we MIGHT have, but now we need to see it happen on the field.

The big question is still Teddy. Can he become a playmaker for the offense?

I think there is potential for us to have a superbowl window either this year or more likely next year, but many things have to go well for us. The first test for me is the home game against GB. If we beat them at home then we know we are back to being competitive. If we beat them at Lambeau then we should expect a deep run into the playoffs.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

mansquatch wrote:Everything will change once we have eight Sundays under our belts during the regular season. Right now though, I agree, the roster looks quite strong. On Paper one might argue that OL and RB are our weakest position groups (assuming AP doesn't see the field in 2015).

This is just my own conjecture, but I think the OL will bounce back this year and I think CB will start slow before finishing strong. I'm curious to see how a guy like Mike Wallace will fit into the Locker Room, as well. How will he handle things when Teddy struggles? I want to see us have an impact LB corps, which on paper it looks like we MIGHT have, but now we need to see it happen on the field.

The big question is still Teddy. Can he become a playmaker for the offense?

I think there is potential for us to have a superbowl window either this year or more likely next year, but many things have to go well for us. The first test for me is the home game against GB. If we beat them at home then we know we are back to being competitive. If we beat them at Lambeau then we should expect a deep run into the playoffs.
I think health will be a big key to the season. It's always important but this Vikings team looks to me like a few key injuries could be the difference between a winning season and a 5 or 6 win season.

As you said, Bridgewater is the biggest key. We need him to play like he did against Atlanta and Miami, not the way he played against Chicago.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I'm not sure if I'm ready to live in a world where places like ESPN actually have nice things to say about the Minnesota Vikings.
:lol:
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

DK Sweets wrote:I know some people look at our roster and see holes, but I can find holes on any roster. I look at some of the things we have going for us and think "Why not us?"

I wouldn't put money on this team to be lifting the Lombardi Trophy, but I'm certainly not writing them off, either.
I'm with you Dakota. I feel the same way :rock:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri