Randy being Randy

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Randy being Randy

Post by CbusVikesFan »

For me, the Mooning of the Packer fans in the end zone was spectacular and I laughed my #### off at Joe Buck and Troy being appalled by it. For one, he didn't pull his pants down for real, the stupid packer fans have mooned the Vikings bus for years, actually mooned. So who do packer fans think they are as a collective? And who was Randy mooning? The national audience? Get over yourselves, I am sure 99% of you have done worse than fake mooning a crowd of mostly drunken idiots.
The endearment of a small girl that idolized him and carried on the relationship is not at all surprising to me and I am sure that he has even paid a hospital bill or two for her if it was needed.
The water bottle, Redskins game, and numerous other professional conduct issues bothered me some but not to the point where I ever wanted him to play anywhere else. My issue with Randy was the same issue that Randy had with the Vikings. Not surrounding him with the right talent. My issue was his conduct accumulatively from his frustration of years of so-so/below average drafts and FA. Not as much was ever said about his frustration of the building of the team around him.
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

I really don't find mooning disgusting in any way. It's funny, if anything. It's someone's bare ####. Big deal....seems prudish

I just joined a Joe Buck support group.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Jordysghost wrote: I think this has been an interesting and very telling thread breeze. Sorry if i assisted in derailing it as little bit. :lol:

ohh no worries. It's par for the course with Moss. I'm not concerned about defending him cause I believe he doesn't care about that stuff.

I was just moved by the story. To me, he cares deeply about some important things in life. Freindships, loyalty and such....not forgetting where one comes from.

Football is football and pro football is a freak show. To me the biggest freaks are the one who show the fewest external symptoms...that goes for everyone involved...even the sponsors. The value system within it seems mostly contrived and shifts based on public opinion and economic gerrymandering. Moss doesn't seem to be affected by any of that which is something I respect deeply.

And kids who have met him absolutely love him.....in todays ever increasing, uptight, PC society I think Moss becomes a good role model by default, because he's not trying to be anything other than what he is.

Moss fake mooned GB, was fined 10 grand and paid it without complaint....straight cash homie.

Absolutely no regrets, accept the consequences for your actions, take care of your body, friends and family and enjoy life. A regular guy.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

The Breeze wrote:
ohh no worries. It's par for the course with Moss. I'm not concerned about defending him cause I believe he doesn't care about that stuff.

I was just moved by the story. To me, he cares deeply about some important things in life. Freindships, loyalty and such....not forgetting where one comes from.

Football is football and pro football is a freak show. To me the biggest freaks are the one who show the fewest external symptoms...that goes for everyone involved...even the sponsors. The value system within it seems mostly contrived and shifts based on public opinion and economic gerrymandering. Moss doesn't seem to be affected by any of that which is something I respect deeply.

And kids who have met him absolutely love him.....in todays ever increasing, uptight, PC society I think Moss becomes a good role model by default, because he's not trying to be anything other than what he is.

Moss fake mooned GB, was fined 10 grand and paid it without complaint....straight cash homie.

Absolutely no regrets, accept the consequences for your actions, take care of your body, friends and family and enjoy life. A regular guy.
Nice. Straight Cash Homie... I'd forgotten about that :lol: :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07G23zMGa4g
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

The Breeze wrote:I really don't find mooning disgusting in any way. It's funny, if anything. It's someone's bare ####. Big deal....seems prudish

I just joined a Joe Buck support group.
:lol:
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Raptorman wrote: I always love Packer fans disgust over Randy's fake mooning during that game. One thing Packer fans never do is address why he did it. Hell, most Packer fans don't even know that a group of Packer fans routinely really mooned the players of the visiting team when they were leaving on the bus at the end of the games. And yet, after all those years of fans mooning the players on the bus nothing was ever done by the Packer management or Green Bay police to stop it. As far as I know, it still happens today. But that's all just in fun. When a fan does it for real after a game, it's not a disgusting act. Right?

Wait, what really upsets Packer fans is the reason he did it became public knowledge on national TV.

Again, players consistantly acting as dumb as fans would be absolutely ridiculous and bad for the sport.

Can you even imagine all the stupid #### fans have done over the years, are you actually trying to say it should be acceptable for the athletes to try and give it right back to them during games? I mean, really can you imagine how this would go? Lmfao it would be madness, any shred of sportsmanship would be completely wiped away.

If something upsets Packers fans, it is the undeniable fact, that it was a completely unprecedented incident of being the worst sportsman one could possibly be, call it overblown as much as you like, there is a reason Joe Buck hit the dramatic button, that reason being that rubbing opposing fans faces in your triumph during the game is uncalled for, unsportsmanlike, and almost completely unprecedented in the world of nationally televised sports.

This is my last post on this topic, i think weve gotten a little off topic, so ill just i enjoyed this little debate and hearing all your guys opinions, very interesting indeed.
Last edited by Jordysghost on Wed May 27, 2015 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote:
Can you even imagine all the stupid #### fans have done over the years, are you actually trying to say it should be acceptable for the athletes to try and give it right back to them during games? I mean, really can you imagine how this would go? Lmfao it would be madness, any shred of sportsmanship would be completely wiped away.
One is just a reflection of the other. society--both on the field and off the field--is already falling apart.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

I really fail to see how fake mooning anyone...even if it's everyone on the planet at once...is such a condemnable act. :lol:

It was Moss being a prankster, not every player running amok. He got fined....we move on.

Why continue to define someone based on their past, harmless actions of the past, in light of what's currently noteworthy, and more pertinent, in regards to the mans actions?

I have yet to see players, kids, fans, pulling their pants down in public imitating him. Maybe there is a "Moss Moon Cult" out there....by Fargo or something....mooning people and laughing, I doan know. The horror!

Instead, I'm reading stories about how he volunteers to work with kids in camps, how kids are traveling for 17hrs just to meet him, how he is still a solid, influential friend, to a child he met in Minny in 98.

What an #### :lol:
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

The Breeze wrote: Maybe there is a "Moss Moon Cult" out there....by Fargo or something....mooning people and laughing, I doan know. The horror!
:
:lol:

Pretty sure it's in Williston (something to do with all of that Petrol), but you were close! :rofl:
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Texas Vike wrote:

Pretty sure it's in Williston (something to do with all of that Petrol), but you were close! :rofl:
googling Williston
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

The Breeze wrote:I really fail to see how fake mooning anyone...even if it's everyone on the planet at once...is such a condemnable act. :lol:

It was Moss being a prankster, not every player running amok. He got fined....we move on.

Why continue to define someone based on their past, harmless actions of the past, in light of what's currently noteworthy, and more pertinent, in regards to the mans actions?

I have yet to see players, kids, fans, pulling their pants down in public imitating him. Maybe there is a "Moss Moon Cult" out there....by Fargo or something....mooning people and laughing, I doan know. The horror!

Instead, I'm reading stories about how he volunteers to work with kids in camps, how kids are traveling for 17hrs just to meet him, how he is still a solid, influential friend, to a child he met in Minny in 98.

What an #### :lol:

Being a bad sportsman doesnt make one a damnable human being, but I dont think anyone here is saying that.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

And it's not like he "just" fake mooned. The guy had issues...on and off the field. Not a coincidence a guy with that talent doesn't have a ring.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Jordysghost wrote:

Being a bad sportsman doesnt make one a damnable human being, but I dont think anyone here is saying that.
sounds pretty scathing to me.....
a loud mouth, immature, arrogant, mouth breathing, classless, moronic waste of talent
him being a disgusting petulant fool
What a freaking idiot.
a selfish POS with attitude problems almost his entire career, his penchant for pissing people off is matched only by his incredible ability on the Field.

Not real classy considering, where you are (denouncing classlessness), who Moss still is for fans of this franchise and the fact that the articles starting the thread are current 'classy' events versus something that took place 11 years ago. :)

Moss, assuredly, cares naught about anything you, I and Demi might say about him....but people here might, in fact that should be a given.

But we're all just dumb fans....right? :wink:

It feels a little like you're rubbing your #### on the goal posts.....maybe....a little. :rofl:
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

The Breeze wrote: sounds pretty scathing to me.....

Not real classy considering, where you are (denouncing classlessness), who Moss still is for fans of this franchise and the fact that the articles starting the thread are current 'classy' events versus something that took place 11 years ago. :)

Moss, assuredly, cares naught about anything you, I and Demi might say about him....but people here might, in fact that should be a given.

But we're all just dumb fans....right? :wink:

It feels a little like you're rubbing your #### on the goal posts.....maybe....a little. :rofl:
Lmfao you right i do think those things about him, is it all due to his odd little mooning display? Nope, not at all.

I have no doubt Randy doesnt care about what people think, I think he has made that very, very clear.

Oh forgive my classlessness for think thinking rubbing your opponents nose in your success is unnacceptable. :roll: I think this has very little to do with any fan allegiance, and everything to do with sportsmanship. If I was a Viking fan would I think the same as I do now? Yup, and im sure there are plenty Vikes fans out there who agree.

As I said, I commend Randy on his impact in this girls life, and I really am sorry for running this thread off course a little bit, but im hardly the only one. Have I been rubbing my proverbial #### on the goalpost? Not quite.
Last edited by Jordysghost on Tue May 26, 2015 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Demi wrote:And it's not like he "just" fake mooned. The guy had issues...on and off the field. Not a coincidence a guy with that talent doesn't have a ring.
Lots of talented players that don't have rings. Lots of not-so-talented that do.

And this has nothing to do with his other issues. It has to do with a Packer fan posting in a Vikings forum and calling a mooning gesture the most disgusting thing he's ever seen on TV.
Last edited by 808vikingsfan on Tue May 26, 2015 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014