YOLO Or GTFO...Should we sign Ray Rice?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

YOLO Or GTFO...Should we sign Ray Rice?

Post by Hunter Morrow »

He's eligible and we could probably get him for twice league minimum and a Kohl's gift card. We would have by far and away the best one two punch in the league if we did that. We took some wild childs in our day, like Cris Carter and Jared Allen, and it worked. Let's get it on!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: YOLO Or GTFO...Should we sign Ray Rice?

Post by Texas Vike »

Hunter Morrow wrote:He's eligible and we could probably get him for twice league minimum and a Kohl's gift card. We would have by far and away the best one two punch in the league if we did that. We took some wild childs in our day, like Cris Carter and Jared Allen, and it worked. Let's get it on!

We could also trade the farm for Brady, then, to assemble the anti-imperial rebellion squad--a big middle finger to Roger Goodell. Seems fitting for the name "Vikings."
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Are you kidding? There's a ZERO percent chance he ends up in Purple. The franchise still has AD's child abuse smell on it and you want to add Ray ****** Rice?

If you want to talk from a performance standpoint McKinnon has more upside than Ray Rice at this point (and an argument can be made he's a better player now at the place in their respective careers). You want Ray Rice and his recent 3.1 YPC?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

dead_poet wrote:Are you kidding? There's a ZERO percent chance he ends up in Purple. The franchise still has AD's child abuse smell on it and you want to add Ray ****** Rice?
Then, they can trade Peterson to Dallas for Hardy! ;)
LuckyHandsINC
Waterboy

Post by LuckyHandsINC »

Aside from all the bad publicity,we have two better running backs on the roster.
Along with a third which fills a role we need better than Rice can. Also I just hate him, so no.

While we're at it I should mention punching a women in the face doesn't make you a wild child. It makes you one of the biggest pieces of s**t in the world. Worse than Peterson who is extremely misguided in his methods but was attempting to discipline a child.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

I had no idea his 2013 year was that stinky. never mind, then.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Him and Peterson, the enforcers.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

YOLO? GFTO? I'm getting old...
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

fiestavike wrote:YOLO? GFTO? I'm getting old...
YOLO = You Only Live Once
GTFO = Get the @#$* Out

I'm sure you can figure what the "F" stands for...

... and I only know because I've looked them up in the past. :)
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

......no
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

Yeah, Ray Rice was on the decline before his big scandal even happened. Probably why it was so easy for the Ravens to just cut him all together.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Another "I have heard of this guy and he had a good game once so let's sign him" thread in the offseason.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Nothing to do with Ray Rice and his issues ( I do believe he is declining,and less talented than two of our backs (maybe three))

Peterson is probably still one of the best backs ever to play the game.(yes I wanted him gone, but
the team wants him, so I support his play on this team)

McKinnon has a lot of speed and ability, and IMO a better choice to run the ball than rice currently

Harris is probably a wash in skill with Ray Rice, at this point. Harris might actually be a better physical
back this year.

Rice has an very ugly stigma attached to him and his name. We already will have to do with Peterson's
similar issue. Basically the guy would have to be Bo Jackson or Earl Cambell in his prime,to take him on
this team currently.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
kirbyphuckett
Waterboy

Post by kirbyphuckett »

i liked ray rice 3 years ago.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Another "I have heard of this guy and he had a good game once so let's sign him" thread in the offseason.
:thumbsup:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri