2015 Vikings Injury Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: 2015 Vikings Injury Thread

Post by PurpleMustReign »

The Breeze wrote:According Goessling at ESPN.
Exum will start and Waynes is also out.
Well, this isn't good...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Who knows? Maybe Exum will play like Diggs.
That would be cool....then we could sit Sendejo once Harry gets healthy.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

The Breeze wrote:Who knows? Maybe Exum will play like Diggs.
That would be cool....then we could sit Sendejo once Harry gets healthy.
Im not holding my breath, but who knows?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

What happened to Smith? I didnt know he was hurt.
Is Waynes inactive too? Thats going to leave for a very weak secondary. I love Sherels, but has he played CB at all this year? And we are facing Jones. Thats should be interesting...
Hopefully Zimmer dials up more blitzes then he did on Rogers.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:What happened to Smith? I didnt know he was hurt.
Is Waynes inactive too? Thats going to leave for a very weak secondary. I love Sherels, but has he played CB at all this year? And we are facing Jones. Thats should be interesting...
Hopefully Zimmer dials up more blitzes then he did on Rogers.
Smith injured his knee in the GB game. He came back in but I guess it's nagging him. Not sure what happened to Waynes.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

S197 wrote: Smith injured his knee in the GB game. He came back in but I guess it's nagging him. Not sure what happened to Waynes.

Defense did pretty good, Blanton and Exum played well.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Defense did pretty good, Blanton and Exum played well.
Exum seemed like a clear upgrade over Sendejo in a small sample size.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

fiestavike wrote:
Exum seemed like a clear upgrade over Sendejo in a small sample size.
Its a small sample size, but his angle on the play where Barr forced the fumble was poor and his holding in the last drive in the end zone was ugly (and he probably would have given up the pass if he hadn't held).

I love his athleticism but I'm not sure if he's really an upgrade...even though I really wish he was.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

DK Sweets wrote:Its a small sample size, but his angle on the play where Barr forced the fumble was poor and his holding in the last drive in the end zone was ugly (and he probably would have given up the pass if he hadn't held).

I love his athleticism but I'm not sure if he's really an upgrade...even though I really wish he was.
well, to begin with, he did make some big hits, and he didn't injure himself or someone else in the process. I'm going to call that progress! :whistle:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Exum did make some good tackles...including the one for loss on the blitz.
Funny about the play where Barr caused the fumble, the angle Exum took created the whole opportunity. Not what you want to count on of course..but, as they say: sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
I liked his energy and hope he gets some more snaps going forward. His ceiling is much higher than Sendejo's.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

The Breeze wrote:Exum did make some good tackles...including the one for loss on the blitz.
Funny about the play where Barr caused the fumble, the angle Exum took created the whole opportunity. Not what you want to count on of course..but, as they say: sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
I liked his energy and hope he gets some more snaps going forward. His ceiling is much higher than Sendejo's.
It was a fairly difficult play to take the "correct" angle on since he was the only defender behind the runner. The runner basically had his choice of 178 degrees in which he could run and still be moving toward the endzone!
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

fiestavike wrote: It was a fairly difficult play to take the "correct" angle on since he was the only defender behind the runner. The runner basically had his choice of 178 degrees in which he could run and still be moving toward the endzone!
Yeah, Coleman broke free pretty fast. I spose the way it unfolded equates to good team defense and use of speed after poor play at the line.
This defense has some special athletes for sure. A joy to watch them, IMO. I think they'll just improve as it goes on.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@christomasson Anthony Barr revealed he did break his hand nov. 8 but says it's all better now
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@Andrew_Krammer Andrew Sendejo underwent a MRI today, per Zimmer. Unsure of his availability at this point. Mike Zimmer not sure about the results. #Vikings
‏@christomasson MIke Zimmer said it's a "possibility'' to call Anthony Harris up from practice squad.
Zimmer saying he doesn't know usually means it's a multi-week issue. Which would be a bit surprising as Sendejo was walking around in-uniform on the sidelines after being taken to the locker room. Usually if it's a short-term thing Zimmer will say so or dismiss it. Being evasive or giving the 'ol "I don't know" isn't great news in Zimmer-speak. But with Sendejo I'm actually OK with it. I want to see more of Exum. "Not sure about the results." I call bull on that, Zimmer. I'm starting to understand how you work.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Looking ahead.
Jay GlazerVerified account
‏@JayGlazer
Tough blow for Cardinals @ChrisJohnson28 has fractured tibia, out extended period of time but team still gathering how long this shelves him
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014