2015 Vikings Injury Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Re: 2015 Vikings Injury Thread

Post by DK Sweets »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
In that case, I'm getting a tattoo.
Dude, promise me you get that tattooed if we win the Super Bowl this year.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I probably should have asked you first since you made the pic.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Any duplication without the express written consent of Jim is prohibited.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Josh Robinson will be activated off PUP today, Vikings announce.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@christomasson #Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater practices after concussion, LB Anthony Barr sits out, DT Sharrif Floyd returns.
Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, who suffered a concussion last weekend against St. Louis, practiced Wednesday and is expected to start Sunday at Oakland.

Bridgewater had to pass NFL-mandated concussion tests before he could take the field for a practice.

Not practicing was linebacker Anthony Barr, who had left arm heavily wrapped. Barr was hurt in the 21-18 overtime win over the Rams, and left TCF Bank Stadium with his arm in a cast and had X-rays.

Middle linebacker Eric Kendricks, who sat out against St. Louis with a rib injury, was in pads and took part in stretching exercises. However, he was not seen early in practice taking part in position drills.

Returning to practice was defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd, who has missed the past three games with knee and ankle problems. He had his left knee in a brace.

Also practicing was cornerback Terence Newman, who suffered a concussion against the Rams. So was defensive end Justin Trattou, who has missed the past five games with a sprained left ankle.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Still worried about Barr, Kendricks but it seems like we're getting some guys back. If we could get Barr & Kendricks back along with Floyd, Teddy, Newman, Robinson and Trattou we should be as close to full strength as we can get this year. Let's hope our 'backers are OK.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

God help us if he's needed.
@christomasson Jason trusnik said he is ready to play Sunday if needed if Anthony Barr and or Eric Kendricks ailing
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

:thumbsup:
Sharrif Floyd said he will play Sunday after missing three games with knee ankle injuries
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@christomasson Marcus Sherels was limited with a shoulder injury and Linval Joseph with a foot injury but neither our serious.
@mattvensel Anthony Barr and Eric Kendricks did not practice today. Bridgewater, Newman, Floyd, Sherels, Joseph, Trattou were limited. Robison full go.
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

dead_poet wrote::thumbsup:
Great news! :rock:
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Positive for Teddy/Newman/Floyd. Not looking good for Barr/Kendricks...

Anthony Barr and Eric Kendricks again not practicing. Barr has left wrist wrapped still. Teddy, Floyd, Newman again practicing. Kendricks running on the side. Will find out after practice if Teddy is fully cleared.
@mattvensel Hypothetically, if Barr and Kendricks sit out Sunday, my guess is Greenway would be MLB, Robinson would be SLB and Watts would be WLB.
Trusnik, the new guy, seems to have the body type to fill in for Barr. The question is how much he needs to get up to speed to contribute. Trusnik played for George Edwards in Miami, for whatever that is worth. Needless to say, Gerald Hodges would really come in handy right now.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

dead_poet wrote:Positive for Teddy/Newman/Floyd. Not looking good for Barr/Kendricks...

Anthony Barr and Eric Kendricks again not practicing. Barr has left wrist wrapped still. Teddy, Floyd, Newman again practicing. Kendricks running on the side. Will find out after practice if Teddy is fully cleared.
I guess we will see what the youngsters have to offer this week at LB. Maybe Trusnik is getting a crash course from Edwards.
At least we are starting to get some people back healthy.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! Are we almost up to fully healthy?! As healthy as we can be without Sully/Loadholt/Cole? Assuming Zimmer is being truthful....
@christomasson Zimmer expects Barr and Kendricks to play Sunday. Mike Zimmer said he is just being careful. "I think so, we'll see."
@christomasson Zimmer has no doubt bridgewater will start Sunday. Went through practice again today without issue.
@christomasson Vikings cornerback Terence Newman has passed all of his NFL-mandated concussion tests. He's ready to go Sunday.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

This is huge. Even if they're nicked up, we need all hands on deck for this upcoming stretch.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Who is Robinson that would start at LB?

I hope they are all healthy.
Any word on how Loadholt's rehab is coming along?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dead_poet wrote:Still worried about Barr, Kendricks but it seems like we're getting some guys back. If we could get Barr & Kendricks back along with Floyd, Teddy, Newman, Robinson and Trattou we should be as close to full strength as we can get this year. Let's hope our 'backers are OK.
Could have swore I saw Trattou playing last week...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk