2015 Vikings Injury Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Re: 2015 Vikings Injury Thread

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

VikingPaul73 wrote:When will the Vikings hold Sugarman accountable !!!???

5 torn pecs in 11 months!!!??? Yeah, just a coincidence
As someone who is in the athletic training profession, I take issue with this proclamation.

It is not fair to place the blame on Eric Sugarman and his staff. As an athletic trainer, it is true that one of the responsibilities of the job is to ensure steps are taken to prevent injuries. However, in the sport of football, injuries happen. Injuries are especially more likely to happen during camp. As athletic trainers, we can only do so much to prevent injuries. Pectoral ruptures occurs due to a high eccentric load to the muscle. They can also occur due to repeated mechanical stress on the musculature.

If you want to place blame on anyone, like at the strength and conditioning coaches. However, it is not fair to place all of the blame on Marcus Evans' and his staff. That would be too easy to do.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

8/24
@MasterStrib Exum (hamstring), Pruitt (ankle) and Robinson (pec) were all conditioning. Sullivan (spasms) wasn't at practice #Vikings
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

8/25
@MasterStrib Anyone Exum returned to practice, didn't participate in team. Sullivan, Stephen, Robinson, Pruitt still out #Vikings
#Vikings are just being "cautious" with center John Sullivan, who has missed practice this week with back spasms, per Zimmer
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

dead_poet wrote:8/25
Exum needs to be on the field, I cant find whats wrong with him. Pruitt needs to be as well, never know when Kyle will stub his toe.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Exum needs to be on the field, I cant find whats wrong with him. Pruitt needs to be as well, never know when Kyle will stub his toe.
Exum has been out with a hamstring injury.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

8/26
@MasterStrib Shamar Stephen, MyCole Pruitt and John Sullivan still out. No Peterson [in court]. Rhett Ellison left during practice, didn't return. #Vikings
@MasterStrib Antone Exum was working with the second team. Doesn't seem like the hamstring is bothering him. #Vikings
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

DK Sweets wrote:Exum has been out with a hamstring injury.
I knew it was the hammy but there was no report about it, that i could find. Hope it isnt one of those nagging ones. They can take forever to heal.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

8/27
@mattvensel Adrian Peterson was back at practice today. MyCole Pruitt participated for the first time in a while but only did tight end drills. #Vikings
@mattvensel John Sullivan missed practice again. He's been dealing with a back injury. Also out were Stephen, Bykowski and Robinson, of course. #Vikings
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

dead_poet wrote:8/27

Sully's back injury has me nervous. That can linger.
DanAS
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by DanAS »

Texas Vike wrote:
Sully's back injury has me nervous. That can linger.
I don't know what you're talking about. Getting rid of back pain is easy. I've done it hundreds of times ... :)
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

DanAS wrote:
I don't know what you're talking about. Getting rid of back pain is easy. I've done it hundreds of times ... :)
:lol:
Foam roller, be less sedentary, stretches... C'mon Sully! We speak from experience! It's easy!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Texas Vike wrote: :lol:
Foam roller, be less sedentary, stretches... C'mon Sully! We speak from experience! It's easy!
getting those hamstrings stretched out is KEY in my experience. a little traction is good too. :wink:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

8/31
@mattvensel John Sullivan remained sidelined today. It's been nearly two weeks now. Also out today were Bykowski, Stephen, Ford, Peters, J-Rob, Kafka.
@mattvensel MyCole Pruitt is back at practice.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

9/1
@Andrew_Krammer Chase Ford, John Sullivan, Brian Peters and Shamar Stephen not practicing for #Vikings today.
@christomasson Sullivan has been out two straight weeks with back spasms
-- I'm officially concerned
@christomasson Stephen did some stretching on side looks like he is getting closer
@christomasson Not sure what is wrong with Brian peters but he has had a good preseason last northwestern player left
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote:9/1
-- I'm officially concerned
Peters was playing with one arm after his interception/return. Not sure if it was shoulder or what. Could be a candidate to be stashed on IR and saved for next year if they need an extra roster spot.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins