Bridgewater on NFL TOTAL ACCESS

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Bridgewater on NFL TOTAL ACCESS

Post by Texas Vike »

fiestavike wrote: Wonder or Ray Vaughn?
I lived in Austin, TX for 7 years where there's a statue of SRV, but to be honest I'm not fond of his flashy blues style. For TX blues, I much prefer Lightnin' Hopkins.

When I say Stevie, I mean Wonder!
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Texas Vike wrote: I lived in Austin, TX for 7 years where there's a statue of SRV, but to be honest I'm not fond of his flashy blues style. For TX blues, I much prefer Lightnin' Hopkins.

When I say Stevie, I mean Wonder!
Very cool, I can appreciate both of them, but I like Stevie Wonder's version of superstition better too. :rock:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

fiestavike wrote:
Very cool, I can appreciate both of them, but I like Stevie Wonder's version of superstition better too. :rock:
I hadn't realized that SRV covered that tune! It was actually a decent rendition, better than most of his own stuff IMO.
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

Mothman wrote:This seemed like a good place to post this:

LOOK: Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater takes fan to prom
I work at a school. I keep getting caught on the fact that I'd probably lose my job if I took a junior to the prom... If you know what I mean. I guess I'm the only one thinking that was probably more dangerous than a lot of action on the field (depending on her age and the laws of the state).
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

John_Viveiros wrote: I work at a school. I keep getting caught on the fact that I'd probably lose my job if I took a junior to the prom... If you know what I mean. I guess I'm the only one thinking that was probably more dangerous than a lot of action on the field (depending on her age and the laws of the state).
They aren't an "item", this was more a PR stunt, but having said that I am with you to the extent I wouldn't have advised him to do this. Bad "optics".
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Vikings28
Starter

Post by Vikings28 »

Honestly guys, the last two posts are the first time I've seen anyone question this. IMO, there's nothing wrong with it. I guess you can call it a PR stunt but also just Teddy being a good guy. Dwyane Wade did the same thing for some girl in Miami a year or two ago and got some good press out of it. Others have probably done it as well.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Vikings28 wrote:Honestly guys, the last two posts are the first time I've seen anyone question this. IMO, there's nothing wrong with it. I guess you can call it a PR stunt but also just Teddy being a good guy. Dwyane Wade did the same thing for some girl in Miami a year or two ago and got some good press out of it. Others have probably done it as well.
Its not a big deal and I don't think it was a terrible decision, I'm just saying some people are bound to take it the wrong way. If I was advising him I would have suggested he not do it, but I think it was obviously intended to be a nice gesture.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Bwahahahaha, I love how some people are taking Teddys gesture in a whole different direction. XD

Lighten up! Hell even if he closed the deal, 16 is legal in most countries. :rofl:
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Vikings28 wrote:Honestly guys, the last two posts are the first time I've seen anyone question this. IMO, there's nothing wrong with it. I guess you can call it a PR stunt but also just Teddy being a good guy. Dwyane Wade did the same thing for some girl in Miami a year or two ago and got some good press out of it. Others have probably done it as well.
If you saw the local newscast, Teddy was smiles the whole time. He looked genuinely happy, almost like he was the one dating a famous person. I don't think it was a PR stunt either. It was just a good gesture by a good person.
Last edited by 808vikingsfan on Tue May 12, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Jordysghost wrote:Bwahahahaha, I love how some people are taking Teddys gesture in a whole different direction. XD

Lighten up! Hell even if he closed the deal, 16 is legal in most countries. :rofl:
Just ask Mark Chmura!
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

fiestavike wrote: Just ask Mark Chmura!
:point:
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Honestly I think Teddy took her to the prom to be gentleman,
and very nice guy.

Just because a person does not offer all the details, does not mean they are doing something wrong.

Teddy Bridgewater,
I felt that it was the right thing to do. It was a good thing to do. It kind of touched me when I first met her. How she kind of teared up and everything. It just showed that I made an impact here on the playing field on and off the playing field. Ashley … She is just a great girl and I am going to make sure she has a great time tonight.
I just saw the replay today. Is it just me or did he seem bigger already than last year? He looks to have added some bulk in his shoulders and chest......

Or maybe it's just that he wasn't standing next to 300+ pound linemen :lol:
Teddy is still young; a lot of men add muscle and girth, throughout their twenties.
I sprouted five inches in one year, during high school, and added 40 pounds of muscle in my
twenties.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

jackal wrote:Honestly i think the girl had a severe medical issue and Teddy took her to the prom to be gentleman
and very nice guy.

Just because a person does not offer all the details, does not mean they are doing something wrong.

Teddy Bridgewater,

Doesn't sound like it was a medical problem.
The prom surprise started back in March, when Davis' mom Julie, met Bridgewater at a fan event.

The Davises are lifetime UofL fans and said they admire Bridgewater for his strong faith.

Julie Davis approached Bridgewater and asked him about attending Ashley's prom. She said he was immediately receptive to the idea and starting putting plans into place to make it happen.

"Next thing you know I'm asking him to go with my daughter to the prom," said Davis.
Teddy Bridgewater surprises teen for prom

Nice follow up story here. Sure doesn't seem like it was a PR stunt.

CRAWFORD | The story behind Bridgewater's prom trip to Louisville
There were more tears when Bridgewater arrived to greet his prom date. The Minnesota Viking quarterback sat and visited with the Davis family for an hour in their home. He asked Ashley how she wanted to handle media that would inevitably get wind of what was going on and want to talk.

At the prom, everybody wanted pictures with Bridgewater. At every request, Bridgewater turned to Ashley and said, “Can we do this picture?”

“He told her, ‘It's not about me, it's about you and whatever you want to do,'” Davis said. “They talked in the car. Ashley is kind of shy. But you know, she took it all in stride. . . . You just can't imagine how nice a guy this is. You witness it one-on-one how nice he is. How thoughtful, courteous, soft-spoken. He doesn't say a whole lot.”
A lot of athletes do these things. But Bridgewater seems always to come through. With Tom Brady all over the headlines this week, Bridgewater again provides a contrast with the negativity that often captures the news cycle in pro sports. He seems to leave a trail of kindness — and character — wherever he goes.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014