Five thoughts on the Vikings' draft

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Five thoughts on the Vikings' draft

Post by dead_poet »

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikin ... um=twitter
2 Eric Kendricks probably will have the biggest impact of this class in 2015

Waynes will get every opportunity to start at left cornerback in Week 1, but Terence Newman or Captain Munnerlyn could have something to say about that.

Kendricks’ path to a starting role has fewer obstacles. The Vikings say he has the skills to play middle or weak-side linebacker. Right now he is the favorite to lock down the middle linebacker job between former UCLA teammate Barr and Chad Greenway.

If he does, Kendricks has the potential to be a big-time playmaker in this defense. He is savvy with good instincts against the run. What separated him from his fellow linebackers in this class were his coverage skills.

In recent years we have seen rookies such as Luke Kuechly, Kiko Alonso and C.J. Mosley make an impact as three-down linebackers. That’s a lofty group, but some draft analysts seem to think Kendricks could have a similar ceiling.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
mondry
Hall of Famer

Re: Five thoughts on the Vikings' draft

Post by mondry »

Yeah I easily agree Kendricks should have the biggest impact in 2015, he'll be penciled in as the starter from the get go and be a massive upgrade. Waynes will take a bit of time to adjust to the NFL game and get his penalties down like Rhodes had to.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

If Diggs becomes the KR/PR, he has a chance to make a big impact too.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

Terence Newman is 36 years old, I'd be surprised if he even makes the roster.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

720pete wrote:Terence Newman is 36 years old, I'd be surprised if he even makes the roster.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Yeah but he still plays at a fairly good level at 36.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri