5.146 Vikings select WR- Stefon Diggs Maryland

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Demi
Commissioner

Re: 5.146 Vikings select WR- Stefon Diggs Maryland

Post by Demi »

You're saying Wallace is good, Wright put up better numbers than any other #3 did, and Johnson caught fire at seasons end. I'm not saying Johnson is better than Johnson or Jeffery, etc. but from what he showed last year, I like what I see. Is it the fact that you just can't stand Patterson and because Patterson sucked, everyone else does now?? I really don't know where you're going with this but it's not very far.
Wright had the best numbers BECAUSE of our receivers. The Vikings benched Patterson, went out and grabbed a guy off another teams practice squad and not long after he was starting. What does that tell you about the receivers this team had (has)? I haven't mentioned Patterson at all, yet you keep bringing him up. Last off season you probably felt the same about Patterson as you do about Johnson now.

None of them "suck". They're all average run of the mill backup quality players, except Wallace who's an above average deep threat speed guy. And I think it's as likely as not that Diggs ends up a better receiver than Johnson at some point during the season. Because Johnson is nothing special. A few solid games every now and then doesn't make someone a starter quality player. You really saw enough last year out of Johnson to think he has a chance to be a what? Top 10? 20? 50? Receiver in this league?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Demi wrote: Wright had the best numbers BECAUSE of our receivers. The Vikings benched Patterson, went out and grabbed a guy off another teams practice squad and not long after he was starting. What does that tell you about the receivers this team had (has)? I haven't mentioned Patterson at all, yet you keep bringing him up. Last off season you probably felt the same about Patterson as you do about Johnson now.

None of them "suck". They're all average run of the mill backup quality players, except Wallace who's an above average deep threat speed guy. And I think it's as likely as not that Diggs ends up a better receiver than Johnson at some point during the season. Because Johnson is nothing special. A few solid games every now and then doesn't make someone a starter quality player. You really saw enough last year out of Johnson to think he has a chance to be a what? Top 10? 20? 50? Receiver in this league?
Oh so now that Wright had better numbers its "because of our WRs" ....ooook :roll: Like you really know that. Maybe he operated well out of the slot. Maybe he did a good job getting separation, etc. That was literally your only negative resort to say why Wright put up decent numbers and you actually used it lol. Finding any negative way you can huh??

Johnson definitely has the potential to be top 20 based on this coming year. Now you say Diggs more than likely ends up better than Johnson huh?? Based off what?? DIggs' college games or his 1 punt return in the preseason. Regardless, he doesnt even play the X spot and would have to pass Wright or Wallace to see the field. But yeah, great assumption. You say I haven't seen enough from Johnson but what have you seen from Diggs to say he's better than Johnson??

No I wasn't "all about Patterson" last year. You once again, went back on your post and are still calling the WRs average when you originally said "below average". I just find it hilarious that fans, analysts, players, OUR OWN OC, etc are loving what they are seeing/seen from Johnson but you're going to sit there and say "he's nothing special". Do you know or see more than Norv Turner now?? I'm not sitting here claiming he's some superstar but I definitely think he's a good WR that can only get better. He's in a prime spot to because of where he plays in Turners offense. But somehow you don't think he's starting caliber?? Based on what?? Your whiny, negative standards that you hold everyone to?? Yeah that's real reliable. Respond if you want but I'm done with this conversation. Its a waste of my time
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Gee, fans analysts and his coaches are positive on him? You don't say. That convinces me! What am I basing it on? Watching him last season? He didn't look like a "good" receiver, he looked like an average receiver. We'll see after this season who's closer to being right...and the idea that he could "only" get better? You haven't learned your lesson from how many Vikings receivers in the last ten years? You don't think it's even a possibility he is what he is, or even takes a step back? Even I acknowledge it's possible he gets better, you don't seem capable of even accepting the fact that it's possible he gets worse. And I agree if he's going to succeed anywhere, it's in this offense. I just don't think it's very likely he's ever a top 20 receiver.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Demi wrote:Gee, fans analysts and his coaches are positive on him? You don't say. That convinces me! What am I basing it on? Watching him last season? He didn't look like a "good" receiver, he looked like an average receiver. We'll see after this season who's closer to being right...and the idea that he could "only" get better? You haven't learned your lesson from how many Vikings receivers in the last ten years? You don't think it's even a possibility he is what he is, or even takes a step back? Even I acknowledge it's possible he gets better, you don't seem capable of even accepting the fact that it's possible he gets worse. And I agree if he's going to succeed anywhere, it's in this offense. I just don't think it's very likely he's ever a top 20 receiver.
^ lol Because I said that?? Like I said before, I'm done with this conversation and your baiting. You're a waste of my time. Carry on :yawn: ........
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I think we have a pretty decent group of guys ... WR stats are really based on three different spots. Even if you have
a good QB.. you need an OL, that can pass block. Not to mention, the coaching staff, are they focused on the run, too much.

All I care about is win's ..if we have enough weapons, across the board and eight different guys, get the ball in our offense,
and no one is a top fantasy guy..so what, I will take the win's over stats, any time.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Diggs interview talking about the Denver game: http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... 2b906356cd

It was hard to concentrate with the continuous stream of water/sweat/talent dripping off of his chin beard. No wonder he's so slippery to cover; Diggs is 97% water.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
UKViking
Backup

Post by UKViking »

dead_poet wrote:Diggs interview talking about the Denver game: http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... 2b906356cd

It was hard to concentrate with the continuous stream of water/sweat/talent dripping off of his chin beard. No wonder he's so slippery to cover; Diggs is 97% water.
There is something about the way he carries himself in interviews that gives me confidence in him, even when spewing the usual "I've got to get better everyday" type of auto generated lines it comes across very genuine. I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

UKViking wrote: There is something about the way he carries himself in interviews that gives me confidence in him, even when spewing the usual "I've got to get better everyday" type of auto generated lines it comes across very genuine. I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops.
I've been a huge fan of him from day 1. He's deserved a spot on the active roster for quite some time now. He and Wallace are the two best route runners on this team hands down.
-Chazz Palminteri
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
I've been a huge fan of him from day 1. He's deserved a spot on the active roster for quite some time now. He and Wallace are the two best route runners on this team hands down.
Jarius Wright has run some great routes in the past, so I'm not sure if we can put Diggs ahead of him yet. At the very least, not hands down.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

DK Sweets wrote:Jarius Wright has run some great routes in the past, so I'm not sure if we can put Diggs ahead of him yet. At the very least, not hands down.
I hear ya. Wright is another good one but the one thing Diggs has been praised for is his routes. By coaches, players, scouts, etc. I mean he did make Aqib Talib look like he's never played football before on one play last week. Thats pretty tough to do. Especially as a rookie no less
-Chazz Palminteri
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I hear ya. Wright is another good one but the one thing Diggs has been praised for is his routes. By coaches, players, scouts, etc. I mean he did make Aqib Talib look like he's never played football before on one play last week. Thats pretty tough to do. Especially as a rookie no less
Of course, it would suck for us if we were to have three good route runners. :v):
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
losperros
Commissioner

Post by losperros »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I hear ya. Wright is another good one but the one thing Diggs has been praised for is his routes. By coaches, players, scouts, etc. I mean he did make Aqib Talib look like he's never played football before on one play last week. Thats pretty tough to do. Especially as a rookie no less
Agree with all the above.

Whatever the Vikings do is fine with me just as long as it works. There's definitely room for both Wright and Diggs on the offense.

I just want to see the team's passing game improve. And I want the Vikings to win.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I want free tacos and the Vikings to win.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

DK Sweets wrote:I want free tacos and the Vikings to win.
What kind of tacos?
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Mothman wrote: What kind of tacos?
As the old saying goes, "You don't turn down a free taco".