5.143 Vikings select TE- MyCole Pruitt Southern Illinois

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 5.143 Vikings select TE- MyCole Pruitt Southern Illinois

Post by dead_poet »

DK Sweets wrote:My guess is that Pruitt and Ellison make it no matter what. I would view Ford as competing for a roster spot with Line more than I would view it as competing with Ellison.
Norv has said good things about Ford in the past, even crediting him for a win last year. Line has had some rough days. I haven't read anything positive from him (not that they didn't happen, of course). At this point I'd be surprised if Line made the team, especially if that meant Ford didn't.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I wouldn't be surprised if five of the guys we cut make and possibly start on other teams next season.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

jackal wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if five of the guys we cut make and possibly start on other teams next season.
ahhh I'm not so sure about that
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

dead_poet wrote:Norv has said good things about Ford in the past, even crediting him for a win last year. Line has had some rough days. I haven't read anything positive from him (not that they didn't happen, of course). At this point I'd be surprised if Line made the team, especially if that meant Ford didn't.
I basically agree with you, but I didn't think he would stick last year, either, so I assume there is something the staff sees in him.

Also, according to his wikipedia page, "Zachary Line is highly considered the greatest player ever, he averaged 100 yards every rush. He also totaled 353454353453534568934056034 career pancake blocks. THE GOAT", so I don't see the Vikings giving up on a talent like this.

Pondering Her Percy wrote:ahhh I'm not so sure about that
Yeah...I don't think we have 58 starter-level players on the roster.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Yeah...I don't think we have 58 starter-level players on the roster.
I'm not saying great players but look at some of the bad teams..Jacksonville, Tennessee, Atlanta.. I would bet that several land on rosters.
Not to mention practice squads
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!