offensive neglect

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: offensive neglect

Post by Texas Vike »

dead_poet wrote: Because graphs are fun.

They ARE fun, but that one is confusing as all get out. Kendricks' doesn't include some of the measurements that Kuechly's does and they don't line up correctly... at first glance I thought, "wow, these guys are compared to one another?" and then I looked more closely and saw that the comparison really wasn't very accurate.

Kendricks' doesn't include the 3 cone, 20 yard shuttle, or the 60.

Also, his bench press sucks.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Texas Vike wrote:They ARE fun, but that one is confusing as all get out. Kendricks' doesn't include some of the measurements that Kuechly's does and they don't line up correctly... at first glance I thought, "wow, these guys are compared to one another?" and then I looked more closely and saw that the comparison really wasn't very accurate.

Kendricks' doesn't include the 3 cone, 20 yard shuttle, or the 60.

Also, his bench press sucks.
Agility and explosion scores rank closely.

I'm not sure why 3-cone wasn't included with Kendricks (maybe he didn't run it at the combine and that's the only data that is included). FWIW his 3-cone is listed at 7.14, presumably at his pro day, which is slower than Kuechly (6.92). Patrick Willis, for example, was 7.23 at 6'2, 242. 7.14 would've put him tied for 12th at this year's combine (Beasley: 6.91; Shaq Thompson: 6.99; Stephone Anthony: 7.07; Benardrick McKinney: 7.21).

Kendricks' 20-yard shuttle is nearly identical to Kuechly. He recorded a 4.14 (to Luke's 4.12). That would've ranked him fourth at the combine (Anthony: 4.03; Shaq Thompson: 4.08; Vic Beasley: 4.15).

No scores for the 60 recorded.

Broad jump he was sixth at the combine. Vertical was fifth. (among linebackers)

Kendricks upped his bench to 22 at his pro day, which would've put him below the top 13 at the combine among linebackers, but the guys that tied for 13th put up 23.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

mansquatch wrote:Kendricks is undersized in some aspects. At 230# he is going to have issues shedding athletic NFL linemen. Now maybe that is something that can be fixed, we shall see.

Every player has issues with his game coming out of the draft, the question is what a guy's ceiling is and how hard he will work to achieve it.

Dane Brugler's draft profile on him at the cbs site says, among other things:
Lacks ideal size/strength dimensions and maxed out physically...lacks overpowering strength to bully or dispose of blockers, struggling to jolt at the point of attack...will get hung up in the trash with average take-on skills...will take wild angles at times and miss tackles on the move - can be a runaway train and doesn't always properly control his nonstop motor...too hands on and grabby in coverage and will draw flags because of his hand fighting downfield...limited pass rush moves and needs work as an inexperienced blitzer.
That's from the "Weaknesses" section of the profile but overall, the profile is quite positive so I don't want to give the wrong impression. I don't know if it's true that he's maxed out physically but if so, hopefully, he'll overcome any size-related or durability issues and be an excellent LB for the Vikes for a long time.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

dead_poet wrote: Agility and explosion scores rank closely.

I'm not sure why 3-cone wasn't included with Kendricks (maybe he didn't run it at the combine and that's the only data that is included). FWIW his 3-cone is listed at 7.14, presumably at his pro day, which is slower than Kendricks (6.92). Patrick Willis, for example, was 7.23 at 6'2, 242. 7.14 would've put him tied for 12th at this year's combine (Beasley: 6.91; Shaq Thompson: 6.99; Stephone Anthony: 7.07; Benardrick McKinney: 7.21).

Kendricks' 20-yard shuttle is nearly identical to Kuechly. He recorded a 4.14 (to Luke's 4.12). That would've ranked him fourth at the combine (Anthony: 4.03; Shaq Thompson: 4.08; Vic Beasley: 4.15).

No scores for the 60 recorded.

Broad jump he was sixth at the combine. Vertical was fifth.

Kendricks upped his bench to 22 at his pro day, which would've put him below the top 13 at the combine, but the guys that tied for 13th put up 23.
Wow, you're a stat machine! Thanks for the rest of the info.
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by The Breeze »

Those charts looked like birth charts.