2.45 Vikings select LB- Eric Kendricks UCLA

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purple bruise
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: 2.45 Vikings select LB- Eric Kendricks UCLA

Post by Purple bruise »

Jordysghost wrote:I wanted Kendricks, you cold bastards. :wink:
No doubt he would be an immediate upgrade to any MLB that you have on your roster.
Do not mistake KINDNESS for WEAKNESS!

Best to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool rather than open it and remove all doubt.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

Purple bruise wrote: No doubt he would be an immediate upgrade to any MLB that you have on your roster.
Yup, outside of Clay when we put him there, for sure. But I'm happy we got Jake Ryan, he's exactly the kind of thumper ive been aching for.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Green Bay might have a good offense, their defense looks slow and reactive ...

Kendricks highlights, remind me of Luke Keechly(sp) from the panthers a lot ...
All over the field, making plays
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote:Green Bay might have a good offense, their defense looks slow and reactive ...

Kendricks highlights, remind me of Luke Keechly(sp) from the panthers a lot ...
All over the field, making plays
All fan allegiance aside, I think its pretty silly to say the reigning number 1 scoring offense in the league "might" have a good offense. :) jmo tho.

While I'm not exactly sold all the way with the direction TT is trying to go with this defense, I disagree entirely with your slow and reactive sentiment, I think, if anything, Thompson has showed a continued assertion in finding athletic ability to build an athletic defense. As I said, I'm not sold 100% on some of our recent decisions toward the defensive side of the ball, I just think that "Slow and reactive", would be an inaccurate way to describe it. I might also add that last year, your defense averaged 21.4 points per game, the Packers Defense was not far behind with 21.8

I agree with your Kendricks and Luke comparison as well, btw.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Wobby breaks down Kendricks.

How Kendricks Will Help The Defense
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

One thing I love is when Spielman was talking about scouting Anthony Barr last year and how much they liked him, they also noticed this other guy was zipping all over the field making plays as often as Barr was. Fast forward to next year and he's still making those plays, of course I'm talking about Barr's teammate Kendricks. I just thought it was cool that they noticed him back then and we were able to draft him in the 2nd this year.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

mondry wrote:One thing I love is when Spielman was talking about scouting Anthony Barr last year and how much they liked him, they also noticed this other guy was zipping all over the field making plays as often as Barr was. Fast forward to next year and he's still making those plays, of course I'm talking about Barr's teammate Kendricks. I just thought it was cool that they noticed him back then and we were able to draft him in the 2nd this year.
Have that video? That'd be cool to watch.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
mondry
Hall of Famer

Post by mondry »

dead_poet wrote: Have that video? That'd be cool to watch.
It's actually in the audio of the one you posted in the "rick spielmans post draft interview" I'll find the time for you one second.

edit- they start talking about kendricks at 6:45 and the thing i was referring to is around 7:15
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

All fan allegiance aside, I think its pretty silly to say the reigning number 1 scoring offense in the league "might" have a good offense. :) jmo tho.

While I'm not exactly sold all the way with the direction TT is trying to go with this defense, I disagree entirely with your slow and reactive sentiment, I think, if anything, Thompson has showed a continued assertion in finding athletic ability to build an athletic defense. As I said, I'm not sold 100% on some of our recent decisions toward the defensive side of the ball, I just think that "Slow and reactive", would be an inaccurate way to describe it. I might also add that last year, your defense averaged 21.4 points per game, the Packers Defense was not far behind with 21.8
I said might meaning; yeah you guys have a good offense.

I think your offense actually hides your defenses weakness, which is a benefit of scoring and getting first downs.

IMO Peterson and improved OL(if that happens) will close the gap and we split games with you guys this season.
The rams are very talented, and the one game we had with Peterson, we tore them up.

The Bears are a mess and Detroit has declined due to key losses... If the lions can get their running game going and calm
down Stafford wild throws for picks it will between us and them for second place.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

jackal wrote: I said might meaning; yeah you guys have a good offense.

I think your offense actually hides your defenses weakness, which is a benefit of scoring and getting first downs.

IMO Peterson and improved OL(if that happens) will close the gap and we split games with you guys this season.
The rams are very talented, and the one game we had with Peterson, we tore them up.

The Bears are a mess and Detroit has declined due to key losses... If the lions can get their running game going and calm
down Stafford wild throws for picks it will between us and them for second place.
I feel you man, but I could counter that our quick scoring offense in 2011 made our already crappy defense even more tired and crappy then usual. I think now, the defense holds up far better and that isn't an easy task always being on the field with little rest. Jmo. I don't think there is any denying they are an athletic bunch, though.

The Bears are terrible, lol. Just terrible, I didn't understand the hype for them going into last year, the Lions I believe are declining but may still be a factor this upcoming season. Btw, I think you guys could be competing for 1st in the division, not just second. :wink:

Especially if, as you said, your O line improves.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Kendricks: I Have A Knack For Chasing The Ball

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/vide ... f0892283aa
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

#54 and #55 are going to kick some serious butt.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Rieux wrote:Hey, look: in high school, Kendricks was also a punter.

Vikings fans who were wondering when the team would bring in some competition for Jeff Locke—there's your answer.
Maybe we can bring Jared Allen back to snap him the ball.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:#54 and #55 are going to kick some serious butt.
I've patiently been waiting for this kind of jackhammering to occur this year. Whoop!
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

In Zimmer's scheme, Kendricks looks like a three-down linebacker

http://blog.startribune.com/in-zimmer-s ... 303397001/